+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
As best as I can tell, IRCC assign a group of applications to different case officers and each case officer roughly processes their own cases in chronological order. However, the different case officers seem to work at very different speeds and this ends up with vastly different COPR dates for applications with the same AOR date. On top of this, even when an application has passed all steps there seems to be an excessive delay between a complete application and an officer sending out COPR.

IRCC should just process all cases chronologically and share the cases between different officers. These kinds of inefficiencies are only found in government organizations and it's sad because all the stakeholders in this process have no interest in speeding up the time for AOR to COPR. IRCC stopped working on all cases between March and August last year. How many desk based jobs are you aware of that completely shut down for 5 months last year? I am aware of ZERO. This is purely a result of government incompetence and inefficiency. Us applicants, who are affected, have no power to influence this. We cannot vote and contacting MPs is futile as this is low on their priority list. Sure, you can say that we are "lucky" that Canada is considering PR for us at all. I don't buy this argument. Every inland CEC applicant is currently working in Canada and paying taxes. We are contributing to the economy and pursuing legal means to settle here. Just because we are not Citizens and not yet PRs doesn't mean we should be taken advantage of and accept a dysfunctional government bureaucracy.
How did you know IRCC stopped working from march to august? can you link a news post?

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
As best as I can tell, IRCC assign a group of applications to different case officers and each case officer roughly processes their own cases in chronological order. However, the different case officers seem to work at very different speeds and this ends up with vastly different COPR dates for applications with the same AOR date. On top of this, even when an application has passed all steps there seems to be an excessive delay between a complete application and an officer sending out COPR.

IRCC should just process all cases chronologically and share the cases between different officers. These kinds of inefficiencies are only found in government organizations and it's sad because all the stakeholders in this process have no interest in speeding up the time for AOR to COPR. IRCC stopped working on all cases between March and August last year. How many desk based jobs are you aware of that completely shut down for 5 months last year? I am aware of ZERO. This is purely a result of government incompetence and inefficiency. Us applicants, who are affected, have no power to influence this. We cannot vote and contacting MPs is futile as this is low on their priority list. Sure, you can say that we are "lucky" that Canada is considering PR for us at all. I don't buy this argument. Every inland CEC applicant is currently working in Canada and paying taxes. We are contributing to the economy and pursuing legal means to settle here. Just because we are not Citizens and not yet PRs doesn't mean we should be taken advantage of and accept a dysfunctional government bureaucracy.
It is true that we chose Canada and applied for PR. In turn, Canada needs immigrants more than ever. It is mutually beneficial, not a one-way lane.

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
There is no news source for this unfortunately but I was told this by an IRCC telephone agent. This can also be inferred from the number of cases that were approved during this time.
It is really unfair as in tossing a coin, although to my favor. I have AOR July 19th and got my COPR late Feb. There are people in April AOR who gets COPR just last week. And there are people in April still waiting.. not that i have anything to complain cos im lucky:)

Reactions: ForUs2020

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hi everyone
My Aor is 5th july Last week i called cix agemt told me everything is passed today i got biometric fees refund. Anyone in the same boat or know what is next . TIA

Reactions: shredder

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone
My Aor is 5th july Last week i called cix agemt told me everything is passed today i got biometric fees refund. Anyone in the same boat or know what is next . TIA
2 GUs on 28/02 and 1/03, seemed to indicate all stages passed on that day, called on 11/03 and was told by agent all passed. Biometric refunded on 12/03. Still waiting AOR 25 July.

LeoLeoLeo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Finally, my application was approved just hour ago.
I will share my experiences and I hope you can get some ideas.

My AOR is in July 2nd and from Toronto.

Eligibility
  • March 18, 2021
Medical results
  • August 24, 2020
Biometrics
  • November 9, 2020
Background check
  • March 4, 2021
Final decision
  • March 18, 2021

Until just now, these categories were all in progress even eligibility.
I had a GU March 4 and 5th which was the last GU. I have not seen any GU since.
I called CIC on March 11 th, they said my application is finalizing. so it takes about a week for the finalizing.
I called this morning as well, they said the decision has made. However, the website said the decision has made today. so there is some time lags.

Thanks everyone for posting here, I check this forum all the time.
This waiting situation has been and still is really stressful and at times depressing.
I wish you the best of luck!!

Last edited:

Angelia009

Star Member
May 16, 2019

Eligibility
  • March 18, 2021
Medical results
  • August 24, 2020
Biometrics
  • November 9, 2020
Background check
  • March 4, 2021
Final decision
  • March 18, 2021

I called CIC on March 11 th, they said my application is finalizing. so it takes about a week from the finalizing.
I called this morning as well, they said the decision has made. However, the website said the decision has made today. so there is some time lag.

This waiting situation has been and still is really stressful and at times depressing.
Congratulations. So happy for you

haohaohao87

Jan 26, 2021

Eligibility
  • March 18, 2021
Medical results
  • August 24, 2020
Biometrics
  • November 9, 2020
Background check
  • March 4, 2021
Final decision
  • March 18, 2021

I called CIC on March 11 th, they said my application is finalizing. so it takes about a week from the finalizing.
I called this morning as well, they said the decision has made. However, the website said the decision has made today. so there is some time lag.

Good to hear it!!!
Congratulations!

Reactions: LeoLeoLeo

simo’s

Star Member
Feb 17, 2021

Eligibility
  • March 18, 2021
Medical results
  • August 24, 2020
Biometrics
  • November 9, 2020
Background check
  • March 4, 2021
Final decision
  • March 18, 2021

I called CIC on March 11 th, they said my application is finalizing. so it takes about a week for the finalizing.
I called this morning as well, they said the decision has made. However, the website said the decision has made today. so there is some time lags.

congratulations

Reactions: LeoLeoLeo

San9902

Aug 8, 2019
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
AOR Received.
13-07-2020
Med's Done....
05-09-2020
Has anyone got CoPR after being asked for additional documents? (e.g., Schedule A)
Yes ..AOR 13th July.. I had submitted (Schedule A & imm5406 ) on 15th Feb .. after that long silence till today .. All stages has been passed on 13th Feb & ADR (Addtnl docs ) requested on same day .. What about you?..