+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
I have almost hit 4 months and my eligibility is yet to start based on the call I made today. So, they can still request additional documents regarding questions they may have about your eligibility and other information during background check.
Thanks everyone, @assen89 - I thought after medical passed and biometrics that those ADR requests usually come BEFORE that. I know of someone who has been asked for an ADR after 1.5 months, so BEFORE biometrics and medical. :)

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Called IRCC since I was questioning what was on my profile nothing was updated, waited for ~24 mins on the line. Agent was extremely helpful (probably relaxed and recharged after the Thanksgiving long weekend :p) and told me the following:

Medicals (had it done July 2019): Passed
Biometrics (exempted gave it back in Fall 2014 for study permit): Passed
Eligibility : In Progress
Security : Not started
Criminality: In Progress
BG check: in progress
Visa office: CPC-Ottawa

Agent gave a heads up that due to COVID obviously the processing time will be more or less than 6 months

Hello y'all!! Was able to reach an agent again and again got lucky the was extremely helpful.

Just an update as of today:
Eligibility is recom'd passed

Sign that things are moving although slow it's better than none!

Last edited:
Reactions: vancouverBC2017

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks everyone, @assen89 - I thought after medical passed and biometrics that those ADR requests usually come BEFORE that. I know of someone who has been asked for an ADR after 1.5 months, so BEFORE biometrics and medical. :)
The completeness check is done by a separate staff to ensure the Case Analyst that evaluates your eligibility under CEC stream has all the relevant documents. In this first stage they can request ADR or reject your application due to a missing document e.g copy of degree or PCC.

In the second stage the Case Analyst can still request for additional documents when he is evaluating your eligibility.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hello y'all!! Was able to reach an agent again and again got lucky the was extremely helpful.

Just an update as of today:
Eligibility is recom'd passed

Signs that things are moving although slow it's better than none!
My AOR is July 8,2020, just 7 days from your AOR date and my eligibility is yet to start. At least you can sleep well at night knowing you passed the most important stage, the eligibility.

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
My AOR is July 8,2020, just 7 days from your AOR date and my eligibility is yet to start. At least you can sleep well at night knowing you passed the most important stage, the eligibility.
What's ur VO? I was also surprised that there was movement after 2 weeks since I last called. I guess Ottawa just woke up and is working now

priduds

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
My timeline:
AOR: July 20th
Medical passed: September 10, 2020.
Biometrics
: October 17, 2020 Completed.

I noticed that on Oct 15th my profile status changed from your action is required to submitted but biometrics hasnt changed until Oct 18th (I didnt check on Oct 17th).
Just called IRCC and the agent told me my eligibility checks havent started yet. He also reminded me that my process is still on time :)

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

Frustrated! Hey @AshishS87 thanks again for you calming me down mid-week, AOR: 30 July 2020, but still:
Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Biometrics from 3 years ago linked in the upper right corner, but why do I still have that message :(, it still doesn't say "completed biometrics" it's really annoying me ;)!

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Hi All,

Frustrated! Hey @AshishS87 thanks again for you calming me down mid-week, AOR: 30 July 2020, but still:
Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Biometrics from 3 years ago linked in the upper right corner, but why do I still have that message :(, it still doesn't say "completed biometrics" it's really annoying me ;)!
Dude mine has been like that for a month

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi All,

waiting is the only solution as of now. Nothing much we can do at this stage.

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Dude mine has been like that for a month
Thanks @AshishS87 and @dgeorge -
It's weird why it takes so long.

@AshishS87 - I just hope they won't forget it!

@dgeorge - you have also been exempted from biometrics as you have given TR biometrics in the past ten years, right?
And then in the right upper corner you have the biometrics linked to your express entry profile, right @dgeorge ?
:)

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Thanks @AshishS87 and @dgeorge -
It's weird why it takes so long.

@AshishS87 - I just hope they won't forget it!

@dgeorge - you have also been exempted from biometrics as you have given TR biometrics in the past ten years, right?
And then in the right upper corner you have the biometrics linked to your express entry profile, right @dgeorge ?
:)
Yes correct. I gave it in feb for WP application - it is showing on profile but not showing as ‘complete’ yet.. do I have anything to worry about

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Yes correct. I gave it in feb for WP application - it is showing on profile but not showing as ‘complete’ yet.. do I have anything to worry about
It's meaningless to see biometrics as "complete". My case updated as biometrics completed by the previously given one, but was still told that eligibility has not started, and criminality still in progress.

Last edited: