Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
My timeline - Inland CEC-EE:

AOR: July 30th
Medical passed: September 23, 2020.
Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
-> BUT: I see my earlier biometrics from a previous application is linked to my CEC-Inland-PR-Profile!

Confused, why biometrics are linked (biometrics exemption for inland-pr app) but message shows "we have not received biometrics" - technical issue? Happy to hear from you -
thanks so much!

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
PS: I am glad we are all in this boat - we are all in this together - JULY 2020 - CEC Applicants!
Let's help each others out and be strong! So impatient - entire life is on hold :)!

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
My timeline - Inland CEC-EE:

AOR: July 30th
Medical passed: September 23, 2020.
Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
-> BUT: I see my earlier biometrics from a previous application is linked to my CEC-Inland-PR-Profile!

Confused, why biometrics are linked (biometrics exemption for inland-pr app) but message shows "we have not received biometrics" - technical issue? Happy to hear from you -
thanks so much!
if you are Bio-metric exempt, it will automatically completed in few days and updated in the application as completed. No need to worry.

Reactions: vancouverBC2017

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
if you are Bio-metric exempt, it will automatically completed in few days and updated in the application as completed. No need to worry.
Thanks so much @AshishS87 - so kind of you to answer me!
Biometrics was entered into my EE-Profile end of September. It said "Action Required" changed to "Submitted" in the status, but it still states in the status timeline:

"We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

-> Confusing :)!

jasonc0408

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Biometrics was entered into my EE-Profile end of September. It said "Action Required" changed to "Submitted" in the status, but it still states in the status timeline:

"We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

at this stage, it will need an agent to manually load you biometrics. once its done, it will show "biometrics complete on ''%SomeDate%'".

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020

Yes, this same process for me also. this status "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." will change to complete in few days automatically with completion date. So, no issue. Just wait and watch :)

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Yes, this same process for me also. this status "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." will change to complete in few days automatically with completion date. So, no issue. Just wait and watch :)
@AshishS87 - Awesome! You have calmed me down A LOT! Thanks to you, it's also that I don't want to webform IRCC and bother them!

Reactions: AshishS87

MiguelX

Oct 15, 2020
We were able to complete our biometrics. Yay! Hopefully it won't be too much longer until the background check is completed.

Inland – CEC – Vancouver
AOR: July 13th
Med passed: Sept 4th
BIL: Sept 4th
Biometrics completed: Oct 27th

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Ugh. I caved and called CIC today. Wanted to know that my LOE is there as I can’t see it online. They confirmed it was. Agent had no other news regarding my processing. What I see is what he had. He did say my application is at the Ottawa case center. Is that good or bad? No idea when it moved there. Had a ghost update day after MEP/BIL.

CEC
AOR July 31
MEP/BIL sept 16
bio exempt and waiting for bio to update to completed.

My parents forgot to tick the box for patience, when they ordered me. I have none. This is killing me and I’m just half way through the average 6 months processing time.

Gah!!

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Ugh. I caved and called CIC today. Wanted to know that my LOE is there as I can’t see it online. They confirmed it was. Agent had no other news regarding my processing. What I see is what he had. He did say my application is at the Ottawa case center. Is that good or bad? No idea when it moved there. Had a ghost update day after MEP/BIL.

CEC
AOR July 31
MEP/BIL sept 16
bio exempt and waiting for bio to update to completed.

My parents forgot to tick the box for patience, when they ordered me. I have none. This is killing me and I’m just half way through the average 6 months processing time.

Gah!!
LOL!!!!! I SO AGREE WIRH U. I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!! AAAAAAH

vivi9696

Oct 26, 2020
Hi all,

I received ITA in June 2020 and submitted all my documents in July 2020. I am currently waiting on decision while they assess my application. Estimated completion date for my application on cic site (progress bar on top) is displayed as January 24, 2021.

I am currently employed in Canada through a post graduate work permit which is valid for another 1.5 years. I wanted to go back and visit my home country for a month and half from January to February. If I receive a Passport request (PPR) or if my application is approved through CIC while I am outside of Canada (as estimated in January), Will I be able to re-enter canada on my work permit? Will my PGWP still be valid at that point?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi all,

I received ITA in June 2020 and submitted all my documents in July 2020. I am currently waiting on decision while they assess my application. Estimated completion date for my application on cic site (progress bar on top) is displayed as January 24, 2021.

I am currently employed in Canada through a post graduate work permit which is valid for another 1.5 years. I wanted to go back and visit my home country for a month and half from January to February. If I receive a Passport request (PPR) or if my application is approved through CIC while I am outside of Canada (as estimated in January), Will I be able to re-enter canada on my work permit? Will my PGWP still be valid at that point?
You need a TRV visa to re-enter Canada.And will not be able to re-enter with just your work permit.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
The Temporary Resident Visa and Work Permit are separate applications. You just need your TRV to re-enter Canada.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I do have work permit TRV, will that work?
TRV is like the visa stamping of the paper copy of PGWP you got in mail..it has the same details and validity as of your PGWP..google it if you are not sure how it looks like..similar to the study visa stamping you got on passport when coming to canada for first time..