+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** JULY 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

vivi9696

Oct 26, 2020
TRV is like the visa stamping of the paper copy of PGWP you got in mail..it has the same details and validity as of your PGWP..google it if you are not sure how it looks like..similar to the study visa stamping you got on passport when coming to canada for first time..
Yes, that's what I am referring to. I do have the PGWP Visa stamp on my passport. So, from what I understand, my TRV will still be valid even if I have been approved for a PR?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Yes, that's what I am referring to. I do have the PGWP Visa stamp on my passport. So, from what I understand, my TRV will still be valid even if I have been approved for a PR?
If you have it you can travel and re enter...if your PR got approved by then you can show the COPR that they will email you incase if they say your status changed to PR and PGWP status doesnt valid anymore..i think it wont happen but call IRCC and talk to agent to be safe side.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Yes, your TRV will still be valid until you receive your PR card then it becomes invalid along with your PGWP. You need either your TRV or PR Card to re-enter into Canada.

vivi9696

Oct 26, 2020
If you have it you can travel and re enter...if your PR got approved by then you can show the COPR that they will email you incase if they say your status changed to PR and PGWP status doesnt valid anymore..i think it wont happen but call IRCC and talk to agent to be safe side.
Yes, thanks for the information. I tried contacting them yesterday but it didn't go through. Is there a specific number I can call?

vivi9696

Oct 26, 2020
Yes, your TRV will still be valid until you receive your PR card then it becomes invalid along with your PGWP. You need either your TRV or PR Card to re-enter into Canada.
Ok thank you! So, if I receive COPR and I travel back, I can still show my TRV and they will let me enter Canada based on my Work visa TRV. Once I arrive, I can apply for PR or PR card. No need for PRTD? Permanent residence travel document?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Ok thank you! So, if I receive COPR and I travel back, I can still show my TRV and they will let me enter Canada based on my Work visa TRV. Once I arrive, I can apply for PR or PR card. No need for PRTD? Permanent residence travel document?
Yes, I think all you need to show them is your TRV and letter indicating you received your COPR. Your PGWP becomes invalid when you receive PR.

Call the to verify this information as well. Applicants that receive COPR outside Canada use the TRV to enter the country and later apply for the PR card when they land.

Last edited:
Reactions: vivi9696

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
Update
Hi All, I received Biometrics call for Scarborough today.
Location - Scarborough
AOR – July 29, 2020
Medicals Passed: 21st September
Biometrics booked for November 11th.

vivi9696

Oct 26, 2020
Yes, I think all you need to show them is your TRV and letter indicating you received your COPR. Your PGWP becomes invalid when you receive PR.

Call the to verify this information as well. Applicants that receive COPR outside Canada use the TRV to enter the country and later apply for the PR card when they land.
Thanks a lot. Can someone help me with the contact information? I tried calling them yesterday but it's just automatic replies.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks a lot. Can someone help me with the contact information? I tried calling them yesterday but it's just automatic replies.
IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100 . To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Reactions: vivi9696

vancouverBC2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Hi All,

As we are all in the same boat, after 3 months of processing of our EE-Applications under CEC, do you think it's likely / common to get an ADR ("Additional Documents Request" Letter) or are we far enough in the process already - 3 months? Just hoping they will not ask for additional documents as it will delay the entire process of course, @assen89 & @AshishS87 :)!

Looking forward to your answers, thanks so much!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi All,

As we are all in the same boat, after 3 months of processing of our EE-Applications under CEC, do you think it's likely / common to get an ADR ("Additional Documents Request" Letter) or are we far enough in the process already - 3 months? Just hoping they will not ask for additional documents as it will delay the entire process of course, @assen89 & @AshishS87 :)!

Looking forward to your answers, thanks so much!
I have almost hit 4 months and my eligibility is yet to start based on the call I made today. So, they can still request additional documents regarding questions they may have about your eligibility and other information during background check.