CEC Inland with Inland dependent
AOR : 26 July 2020
MEP : 17 September 2020
Biometrics : 30 October 2020
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Background Checks : Completed
Approval : 16 March 2020

@legalfalcon Thanks a lot ! So all I need to do now is just wait for my COPR letter right?
AOR : 29 July 2020
MEP : 21 September 2020
Approval : 17March 2020

Same thing also for me .

I am waiting for COPR letter.

Reactions: Kerikeri and dxben

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
CEC Inland with Inland dependent
AOR : 26 July 2020
MEP : 17 September 2020
Approval : 16 March 2020

@legalfalcon Thanks a lot ! So all I need to do now is just wait for my COPR letter right?
hey, have you ever called IRCC for the criminality and background check? Were they completed at the same time? thx

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
AOR : 29 July 2020
MEP : 21 September 2020
Approval : 17March 2020

Same thing also for me .

I am waiting for COPR letter.
have you ever called IRCC for the criminality and background check? Were they completed at the same time? thx

AJ97

Jan 12, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , had a quick question. I have my copr and will be sending photos for my pr card, but I will be moving out from my current address very soon. Do you suggest attaching a document along with the copr and photo just to let them know what the new address would be? Or should I just raise a webform?
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , had a quick question. I have my copr and will be sending photos for my pr card, but I will be moving out from my current address very soon. Do you suggest attaching a document along with the copr and photo just to let them know what the new address would be? Or should I just raise a webform?
Thank you
You have to update your address with IRCC so that it can be updated on the system. Sending a letter alone will not help, instead send a webform and update your address.

Reactions: AJ97
Jan 23, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am trying to figure out if this could be the case or not.
My AOR is 31 July 2020 (CEC inland, 1 dependent inland) my application status is same as on October 6 202 and it doesn’t move from there.

At the time of submission, we submitted PCC’s from police station issued from our home country.
Does this causing delay, May be officer is thinking we are Outland and not inland.

I already applied for gcms and it’s over a month and not arrived yet.

dwarasala

Jul 2, 2020
Hi All, My AOR is 30JULY2020. CEC inland with 3 dependents. I got an update on 22SEP2020 saying medicals passed (MEP). Biometrics taken from what i submitted during work permit and it is showing as completed on 22SEP2020 (Same as MEP).
After that i don't have any update? I have applied for ATIP/GCMS notes on 24FEB2021. Does any one is in the same situation?
I am not sure how long i need to wait?

Last edited:

Ali228

Jan 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi @legalfalcon,
I just got my notes and my eligibility is review required. In the employment section, I cannot find any red flag about any of my employment records; however, only two years of my employment (out of 42 months) are considered!!! Would you please help me figure out what the problem is?
Thank you

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,
I just got my notes and my eligibility is review required. In the employment section, I cannot find any red flag about any of my employment records; however, only two years of my employment (out of 42 months) are considered!!! Would you please help me figure out what the problem is?
Thank you
What is there in the notes section. Analyst would have mentioned clearly regarding why he has queries regarding employments. I had the same review required, and based on notes once I provided all relevant docs, it was fine

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am trying to figure out if this could be the case or not.
My AOR is 31 July 2020 (CEC inland, 1 dependent inland) my application status is same as on October 6 202 and it doesn’t move from there.

At the time of submission, we submitted PCC’s from police station issued from our home country.
Does this causing delay, May be officer is thinking we are Outland and not inland.

I already applied for gcms and it’s over a month and not arrived yet.
The PCCs have to be as per the prescribed procedure of IRCC. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

The PCC has no role in determining whether you are in Canada or not. All entry and exits are electronically recorded so IRCC can easily see in their system when you entered Canada, your status in Canada and how long your status is valid for.

Also, there is no difference in inland and outland application under the law. Only how the COPR is issued depends on whether you are in Canada or not.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
Thank you
First of all, you have to find what the RR is for. Is it just a generic response or anything in particular.
I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A RR by itself does not mean there is anything wrong with your application or it will be rejected. It could just be a generic review required indicating that an officer review the documents before making a final determination on your eligibility.

As regards calculating work experience:

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.

Ali228

Jan 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
What is there in the notes section. Analyst would have mentioned clearly regarding why he has queries regarding employments. I had the same review required, and based on notes once I provided all relevant docs, it was fine
The problem is that in the work section it is stated everything is verified without any notes, but the sum of the years I worked is less that what it actually is!

Jan 23, 2021
The PCCs have to be as per the prescribed procedure of IRCC. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

The PCC has no role in determining whether you are in Canada or not. All entry and exits are electronically recorded so IRCC can easily see in their system when you entered Canada, your status in Canada and how long your status is valid for.

Also, there is no difference in inland and outland application under the law. Only how the COPR is issued depends on whether you are in Canada or not.
Thanks @legalfalcon.
I called the agent and confirmed that criminality is passed on October 6, 2020 and no update after that. Security not started and I am getting same update since October 2020.
Also, Does this mean I don’t need to worry about the format of PCC.
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon.
I called the agent and confirmed that criminality is passed on October 6, 2020 and no update after that. Security not started and I am getting same update since October 2020.
Also, Does this mean I don’t need to worry about the format of PCC.
Thanks
If your criminality is passed, then you need not worry. As regards the format, if you obtained the PCC as per the procedure stipulated by IRCC, you shove be fine.

In most cases the security will be initiated after the eligibility is passed. There are many applications that are in the same stage as yours, where eligibility is passed, and security has not been initiated. Security only starts after it is initiated by IRCC. A security screening request is a message transmitted to National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners.

If you are an inland applicant, then you may only be subject to a record check, which is a fairly quick process as compared to comprehensive screening, which takes longer. To read on how security screening is done, when it is initiated and record check via comprehensive screening, see https://bit.ly/3b4cTUr