+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Dec 22, 2020
Hi Friends, My WP will be expiring soon. I got a GU update today on my PR application. Hoping I may get my COPR soon, will I be on the implied status and legally fit to stay in Canada with COPR? or do I need to apply for Bridge (I Am on closed WP). Quite confused

prateekphogat

Feb 4, 2021
Hi Friends, My WP will be expiring soon. I got a GU update today on my PR application. Hoping I may get my COPR soon, will I be on the implied status and legally fit to stay in Canada with COPR? or do I need to apply for Bridge (I Am on closed WP). Quite confused
You should apply for WP extension. It’s better to be safe

BD_X_10045

Nov 26, 2020
Congrats . I have a question. Once you get CoPR, you need to submit photos ri8. Did they give any timeframe by when you need to submit
Thank you.
No, they sent us a letter individually that said we could use that letter for the next 1 year as temporary PR card. In the meantime we have to send our photos to them by mail, as soon as they get our photos they will start the process of the PR card and send it to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: cck1986 and DDN4CAN

prateekphogat

Feb 4, 2021
Thank you.
No, they sent us a letter individually that said we could use that letter for the next 1 year as temporary PR card. In the meantime we have to send our photos to them by mail, as soon as they get our photos they will start the process of the PR card and send it to us.
Can this temporary PR card be used to enter Canada?

mk97

Feb 11, 2021
Hello all,

As per the website:
AOR July 6, 2020
Medical Passed August 25, 2020
Biometrics October 9, 2020

Called IRCC, told me all the files look good, a background check has been completed on January 30, 2020, they sent my file to Etobicoke VO for a final review.

Does anyone know what are the steps they take once sent to the local VO? Just wanted to understand what are the pending steps and what are the timelines until I receive a DM/CoPR.

Thank you in advance :)
I got a final decision today - approved. No email, just logged in to the portal and saw the status as "application status updated".

bradh928

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
I got a final decision today - approved. No email, just logged in to the portal and saw the status as "application status updated".
Congratulations! I'm in a similar case (all approved since Feb 6th). Hope I'll hear an update soon. AOR July 8.

Soundarrajan

Oct 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Primary Ottawa , Secondary : Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-July-2020
AOR Received.
30-August-2020
Yes, unless you are granted a COPR, your dependents cannot. For you it will be a two step process, unlike getting a COPR for all or a PPR for the entire family. You can search the forum where some applicants in similar situation have gone through this.
I work in canada on a closed WP. Can i bring them on a dependent visa? Then they will be considered as inland dependent?