caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Bar reappears and stuck at 100%. Ideally should have moved beyond that.

I see below message too "

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this"

Does anyone have the same?

How do you call IRCC for status.

That's a generic message that everyone receives when the progress bar reaches 100%. More about the progress bar https://bit.ly/3lUaSgV and about all the stages of an application https://bit.ly/37nCTJD

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon for quick response.. I do see comment as “Appears Met Ready to Finalize” but in the CRS section the analyst mentioned “CRS score has fallen below minimum for round” since the difference is exact 50 points I feel he missed to add the arranged employment points.
Also please advise on Canada police report which I see analyst requested in the GCMS but not received any email or request on my account.
If something is missing, you can go ahead and send the documents and explain it via webform, this is where GCMS notes help.

If your are an inland applicant, you will be asked to submit RCMP PCC, if not already done. Alternatively, you can proactively obtain the RCMP PCC and submit it.

See https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-checks

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks @legalfalcon for quick response.. I do see comment as “Appears Met Ready to Finalize” but in the CRS section the analyst mentioned “CRS score has fallen below minimum for round” since the difference is exact 50 points I feel he missed to add the arranged employment points.
Also please advise on Canada police report which I see analyst requested in the GCMS but not received any email or request on my account.
Here is some help with RCMP and GCMS https://bit.ly/34KNSLI

kunal56india

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
@legalfalcon & @caipsnotes , my application just touched 100% processing time.

I got a GU few days back and when I called Ircc, they said the status is still the same. No movement.

However, I am quite sure it wasn't a technical glitch because others had not got GU.

Could you please help what this GU could mean then?

ahmanj

Jan 19, 2021
EE Draw: 8th July
Documents Submitted: 14 August
Medical Passed: 4 September
Biometrics Completed: 7th September

so far there is no change in status after that. If by GU it is meant situation where you login to your account and it says application updated but after few hours or minutes it goes back to submitted again, i have got that 2-3 times but nothing has changed. what should i expect. status bar is showing 26 days remaining.

Also i have 2 situations, i have blood relative who is residing in Toronto so I gave his information in my application. Now he is moving to another city in Canada. should i inform IRCC and if yes how?

Second is that when uploading my employment reference letters for multiple job, i mistakenly attached the job description of same position with two different letters. I could not catch it in time as both positions were in the same company. Now the front page which includes every other detail is different and accurate but the job description of one letter would not match. both letters were uploaded on the account. I have the correct letter scanned with me. How can i send it to IRCC as i am unable to change my uploaded documents on account.

@legalfalcon and @caipsnotes kindly advise. thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , my application just touched 100% processing time.

I got a GU few days back and when I called Ircc, they said the status is still the same. No movement.

However, I am quite sure it wasn't a technical glitch because others had not got GU.

Could you please help what this GU could mean then?
The status bar that shows 100% is irrelevant. It only show time elapsed and not the actual processing details.
A ghost update is merely a movement in your file. To know what exactly they are, you need to refer to your GCMS notes and also remember the date you had them to match them. However, the ghost update can be a mundane movement from initiating your BGC or a major one, as getting final approval.

In conclusion, any movement is a good sign.

What you should check is what stage your application is at. All application go through the following:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

To read on stages of an EE seehttps://bit.ly/3oXojih

You can send a webform and ask https://bit.ly/3bPQo7t, call IRCC or request your GCMS notes.

As per IRCC's annual 2019 annual report it takes 8-9 months for an application to process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2019.html

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
EE Draw: 8th July
Documents Submitted: 14 August
Medical Passed: 4 September
Biometrics Completed: 7th September

so far there is no change in status after that. If by GU it is meant situation where you login to your account and it says application updated but after few hours or minutes it goes back to submitted again, i have got that 2-3 times but nothing has changed. what should i expect. status bar is showing 26 days remaining.

Also i have 2 situations, i have blood relative who is residing in Toronto so I gave his information in my application. Now he is moving to another city in Canada. should i inform IRCC and if yes how?

Second is that when uploading my employment reference letters for multiple job, i mistakenly attached the job description of same position with two different letters. I could not catch it in time as both positions were in the same company. Now the front page which includes every other detail is different and accurate but the job description of one letter would not match. both letters were uploaded on the account. I have the correct letter scanned with me. How can i send it to IRCC as i am unable to change my uploaded documents on account.

@legalfalcon kindly advise. thanks

During the processing of an application, you will receive 4-5 GUs. Some applicants do not receive any. A ghost update is merely a movement in your file. To know what exactly they are, you need to refer to your GCMS notes and also remember the date you had them to match them. However, the ghost update can be a mundane movement from initiating your BGC or a major one, as getting final approval.

It does not matter if your blood relative is changing his address, and you do not have to update it. Only when you change your address, do you have to update it.

To send a replacement document, you can do that by via webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

ahmanj

Jan 19, 2021
During the processing of an application, you will receive 4-5 GUs. Some applicants do not receive any. A ghost update is merely a movement in your file. To know what exactly they are, you need to refer to your GCMS notes and also remember the date you had them to match them. However, the ghost update can be a mundane movement from initiating your BGC or a major one, as getting final approval.

It does not matter if your blood relative is changing his address, and you do not have to update it. Only when you change your address, do you have to update it.

To send a replacement document, you can do that by via webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
thanks a lot for your advice. much appreciated!

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Do you guys know if any inland applicant with outland dependent receive COPR after 18th March?
YEs, they have. IRCC will send independent instructions for you (inland) and your dependents (outland). You can search the forum for it.