Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a ton, @legalfalcon. What's your opinion about the Ghost update I got today?
Ghost update is a progress in the background. It can be a mundane one or a major one where you have passed a stage. No one can be sure unless you cross check the date with the activities in your GCMS notes.

In the end any progress is a good news.

Wzogh

Jan 14, 2021
Aor 29th july
Medical 17th august
Bio 20th august
I checked my application and it said: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Nov 21, 2020
Hi. My profile progress bar disappeared yesterday and today I got a ghost update. Did anyone else also recieve any such ghost update? @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes could you share what this could signify? Is it just some technical glitch?
I got the ghost update last night. Called IRCC this morning and they said there are no changes. Hoping that there is progress in the background.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi. My profile progress bar disappeared yesterday and today I got a ghost update. Did anyone else also recieve any such ghost update? @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes could you share what this could signify? Is it just some technical glitch?
Many people have reported that the progress bar disappeared, its something that happened last year this time too. Doesn't carry any significance.

One can read all about the progress bar here https://bit.ly/3lUaSgV

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Many people have reported that the progress bar disappeared, its something that happened last year this time too. Doesn't carry any significance.

One can read all about the progress bar here https://bit.ly/3lUaSgV
Thank you. And I'll quote from that page in bold.
"The progress bar just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted. It does not inform what stage or how far an application has been processed."

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I applied for GCMS notes on 15 Dec through GET GCMS, and got an email yesterday for 90 days extension for GCMS.
1) Is this normal? Is my application all right?
2) Will it delay my application or have any negative effect on it?
3) Do you know anyone who got the extension on GCMS and still got the PPR in time.

Please help guys.
ALso @caipsnotes @legalfalcon please suggest.
It's normal to receive an extension. The email will/should also state the exact due date. It's not common to receive a 90 day extension though, 60 days is the more common extension. There are extension tiers of 30, 60, 90 days etc that can be taken. Extensions will not affect your PR, in fact Gcms Notes has nothing to do with the progress or outcome of your application. There is some misinformation and falsehoods created that requesting Gcms Notes can result in an immigration officer having to review your immigration application. Not true at all.

jgr00000

Dec 23, 2019
It's normal to receive an extension. The email will/should also state the exact due date. It's not common to receive a 90 day extension though, 60 days is the more common extension. There are extension tiers of 30, 60, 90 days etc that can be taken. Extensions will not affect your PR, in fact Gcms Notes has nothing to do with the progress or outcome of your application. There is some misinformation and falsehoods created that requesting Gcms Notes can result in an immigration officer having to review your immigration application. Not true at all.
Thanks, wondering if all extensions these days are 90 days one, or if I am a one-off case

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
Just called IRCC
The agent said Everything is completed, whereas the case is still open.
I might get update soon.

Reactions: tara123

Wzogh

Jan 14, 2021
Ghost Update for me
Profile changed To Profile Updated
The update is: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

although eligibility still showing: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Got Ghost update yesterday and called CIC the agent told everything passed and waiting for officer to take final decision

AOR -July 7th
BIL -Aug 31st.
Recommended Passed(by Case Analyst) - 10th October (GCMS)
Bio-metrics- Nov 16th
Eligibility - Passed (Jan-15)
Criminality -Passed (Jan-15)
Security - Passed (Jan-15)

Sri256706

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ghost Update for me
Profile changed To Profile Updated
The update is: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

although eligibility still showing: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
You can call IRCC and find for the update.

SSC27

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Got Ghost update yesterday and called CIC the agent told everything passed and waiting for officer to take final decision

AOR -July 7th
BIL -Aug 31st.
Recommended Passed(by Case Analyst) - 10th October (GCMS)
Bio-metrics- Nov 16th
Eligibility - Passed (Jan-15)
Criminality -Passed (Jan-15)
Security - Passed (Jan-15)
That is cool! Congratulations!!

Reactions: rs89977