+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
Status changed today from : "Action required" .... to "Submitted" ....

The action was to provide biometric .... but they used the ones i did for my WP

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If you have not provided biometrics before, after your receive the biometrics letter, you will have to provide it.

If you are in Canada, then you will be called by Service Canada to schedule an appointments.

See To locate the closest VAC to give biometrics and to see if you may fall under any exceptions, see https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Yes, I am aware about this but my concern is, its been two weeks already since I have received my BIL but I haven't received for the dependent applicant.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes, I am aware about this but my concern is, its been two weeks already since I have received my BIL but I haven't received for the dependent applicant.
You will soon. And if you do not, you can send a webform.

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
Criminality checks consist mainly of examining the information that accompanies an application, which includes a police certificate (PCC) from all countries where the applicant has lived for more than six months. Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada? IRCC does background check for all inland applicants and they will ask explicitly for Canadian PCC if needed. Usually this is reviewed at the R10 Completeness Check stage or before Review of eligibility starts. (CEC and inland applicants require a RCMP PCC and as a result the criminality stage will not be marked passed until the RCMP report is filed with IRCC). To save some processing time the RCMP PCC can be submitted along with the initial application and it can reduce processing time by a few weeks.
please can you share a link that states that inland applicants require RCMP PCC because I have seen applications approved in the past without this requirement.

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
please can you share a link that states that inland applicants require RCMP PCC because I have seen applications approved in the past without this requirement.
Besides, your comment is confusing. In one breath you said that RCMP PCC is not required, and in another you state it’s required and should be provided to reduce processing time. Which is it?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Besides, your comment is confusing. In one breath you said that RCMP PCC is not required, and in another you state it’s required and should be provided to reduce processing time. Which is it?
It is both. The RCMP PCC is not required upfront for most applicants. However it is at the discretion of the officer processing your application to ask for one (usually, but not limited to a similar name hit during their criminal record search)

Thus applying for one and uploading it proactively could save a few weeks of processing should you be one of the number of applicants that get asked for it down the line.

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
It is both. The RCMP PCC is not required upfront for most applicants. However it is at the discretion of the officer processing your application to ask for one (usually, but not limited to a similar name hit during their criminal record search)

Thus applying for one and uploading it proactively could save a few weeks of processing should you be one of the number of applicants that get asked for it down the line.
Thanks for the information. However, what do you mean by the statement in bracket? Besides, my application has passed the Completeness check and nothing has been requested. Are you suggesting it could be asked in the future? Besides like I said, all the inland applicants that got their application approved never uploaded the Canadian PCC.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks for the information. However, what do you mean by the statement in bracket? Besides, my application has passed the Completeness check and nothing has been requested. Are you suggesting it could be asked in the future? Besides like I said, all the inland applicants that got their application approved never uploaded the Canadian PCC.
Yes it could be asked in the future. If you have a common name, it could match with someone with a similar name that has a criminal record. In which case, they would need additional verification via fingerprints. Hence the RCMP PCC.

I know inland applicants who got PR and were asked for it close to the end. You can choose to be proactive and get it (costs like $50 plus tax) or not. I got mine and have it ready. If they ask for it, i’ll upload immediately. If they don’t... well i have it regardless.

Prinx2020

Jul 9, 2020
Yes it could be asked in the future. If you have a common name, it could match with someone with a similar name that has a criminal record. In which case, they would need additional verification via fingerprints. Hence the RCMP PCC.

I know inland applicants who got PR and were asked for it close to the end. You can choose to be proactive and get it (costs like $50 plus tax) or not. I got mine and have it ready. If they ask for it, i’ll upload immediately. If they don’t... well i have it regardless.
Ok. I see your point. It’s very clear now. My regards.

Reactions: EscoBlades

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
PGWP holder
CEC inland

ITA - May 15
AOR - July 1

done my upfront medicals last year but I'm sure they are going to request for another one (or hope it'll get extended)
PCC from 2 countries done
Update: biometrics exempt from the one I gave for my study permit in Fall 2014.

PRguyslp

Jan 19, 2020
I have raised a webform recently and got the reply as below:
Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

What does "currently valid" mean here? Does it mean that the process is going on or it has been done?

Thanks