JULY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Hi all. So my pre arrival was on july 29. I just checked my e case this morning and the statues for permanent residence has now changed from in process to decision made. I didnt recieve any email for this new change. Finger crossed next step is Corp and ppr which I hope it all ends well. I hope u guys start getting good news soon and dont forget to check ur e case.
Congrats! Where is your visa office?

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hi all. So my pre arrival was on july 29. I just checked my e case this morning and the statues for permanent residence has now changed from in process to decision made. I didnt recieve any email for this new change. Finger crossed next step is Corp and ppr which I hope it all ends well. I hope u guys start getting good news soon and dont forget to check ur e case.
Hi,
I am June applicant and received pre-arrival letter on March 17, also my status changed to DM. but till now noching has been updated.

Reactions: Kz_hasn

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
Someone who can help me to know these terms please: AOR, DM, BGC, PPR, COPR, AIP, SA, VO, PA.
AOR: Acknowledgement of receipt
DM: Decision made
BGC: background check
PPR: passport request
Copr: confirmation of PR
AIP: Approval in principle
Sa: sponsor approval
VO: visa office
PA: primary applicant

duday0216

Sep 21, 2019
Hi all, I am sponsoring my husband in Philippines. We are July 15,2019 applicant. We got our pre arrival letter on November 2019. Everytime we checked his application online it says decision made. Bit we dont know what decision it is. His medical exam will be expiring next month. Should we be worried already ? Thanks for all the help

Pari83

Oct 8, 2019
Hi all, I am sponsoring my husband in Philippines. We are July 15,2019 applicant. We got our pre arrival letter on November 2019. Everytime we checked his application online it says decision made. Bit we dont know what decision it is. His medical exam will be expiring next month. Should we be worried already ? Thanks for all the help
Hi. When u check in ecas there are two parts to it. The first one is the status of the sponser when it says decion made it means the sponsor's eligibility has been check out and approved. The second part is permanent residency for the applicant, the decision made on this one means the process of pr and the background checked has been done and a decision has been made. Usually after this part u should recieve an email explaining the desion. From one week until 1 month u should be recieving ppr. If u see that decion made for some times now and have not recieved any email u should contact immigration asking for an update on ur status. Dont forget to check the applicant email u might get the ppr in there and not notice it. Check both of sponser and applicant email and spam. If u still dont see anything contact them immediately. Good luck

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi. When u check in ecas there are two parts to it. The first one is the status of the sponser when it says decion made it means the sponsor's eligibility has been check out and approved. The second part is permanent residency for the applicant, the decision made on this one means the process of pr and the background checked has been done and a decision has been made. Usually after this part u should recieve an email explaining the desion. From one week until 1 month u should be recieving ppr. If u see that decion made for some times now and have not recieved any email u should contact immigration asking for an update on ur status. Dont forget to check the applicant email u might get the ppr in there and not notice it. Check both of sponser and applicant email and spam. If u still dont see anything contact them immediately. Good luck
Not true during the pandemic.
Many applications got decision made from March until now still waiting for the ppr.

Reactions: jerry22880

duday0216

Sep 21, 2019
I have received the approval letter already for my sponsor eligibility late last year. The decision made was for my husband(PA). It has been months since they changed it to decision made. However I have been trying to call and email the immigration here in Canada but all they say that it is still processing it and that his papers are already transferred to Manila. I tried to email directly the manila immigration but the only respond is the same where the office are closed and cannot give specific answer on where our application sits at right now. I am trying to call the immigration in Manila but I could not get hold of them because it is still lockdown in Manila because of COVID.

duday0216

Sep 21, 2019
My real concern is if my husband would have to go get a medical exam again, if he cannot get any update from the immigration . Or would they consider his medical exam from September 2019 okay even if it get expired before he can come here?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My real concern is if my husband would have to go get a medical exam again, if he cannot get any update from the immigration . Or would they consider his medical exam from September 2019 okay even if it get expired before he can come here?
I cannot give an answer but I attended a webinar from Moscow embassy on various questions. On a different type of visa (I think student but don't recall) they said they would mostly be automatically extending the validity of medical exams, and in some other cases not automatically extending but 'expected' to extend the validity.

So I think there is some hope - at this point only a hope - that they will have a bias to extending the validity of medical exams, particularly if only for a few months.

I think this makes quite a lot of sense and particularly for family class, where the purpose of the medical exam is more limited (mainly dangers to Canadians i.e. communicable diseases) and not about cost of medical care. They are also aware that the processing is not cost-free for government either.

Again, no guarantees and this may not apply at all for cases where medical results are much more out of date. (And as this drags on the results will only get more out of date)

duday0216

Sep 21, 2019
I cannot give an answer but I attended a webinar from Moscow embassy on various questions. On a different type of visa (I think student but don't recall) they said they would mostly be automatically extending the validity of medical exams, and in some other cases not automatically extending but 'expected' to extend the validity.

So I think there is some hope - at this point only a hope - that they will have a bias to extending the validity of medical exams, particularly if only for a few months.

I think this makes quite a lot of sense and particularly for family class, where the purpose of the medical exam is more limited (mainly dangers to Canadians i.e. communicable diseases) and not about cost of medical care. They are also aware that the processing is not cost-free for government either.

Again, no guarantees and this may not apply at all for cases where medical results are much more out of date. (And as this drags on the results will only get more out of date)
Thank you so much. Hopefully it would be like that in our case. That really just give us a hope that he might not have to go through the medical examination again. I guess we will just have to wait what they have to say then.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much. Hopefully it would be like that in our case. That really just give us a hope that he might not have to go through the medical examination again. I guess we will just have to wait what they have to say then.
Yes, unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do in the interim - except worry, and that's not going to do anything but stress you out.