+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

Yasha123

Aug 6, 2020
Please does anyone knows how long it takes for etobicoke office to contact me, from the letter it says my file have been transferred to etobicoke, that the office may contact me for interview or additional information and the write an address incase I want to contact them, my lawyer said I should bring some things that shows that I am leaving with my husband, which I have just submitted to her, but honestly I am worried because I don't know how much I have to wait now, please help me, if you know anyone with similar experience
Brother, I have a similar situation, I have been waiting since June, I received a letter that my documents were sent to Etobiko and there was silence for three months. Who knows what will happen now and how long to wait?

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
still hanging on waiting for the interview if there's gonna be one.

Anyone also applied on the same date like me => July 22, 2019 submitted application?

I noticed people who applied before July 20th are generally got their cases done.
:oops::oops::oops:

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016

Anyone also applied on the same date like me => July 22, 2019 submitted application?

I noticed people who applied before July 20th are generally got their cases done.
I am July 15, 2019 applicant..Still waiting for AIP,DM and COPR:(((

Reactions: xan and koolord

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019

The same boat, 7.23aor, 212sa, no other updates.

wushdishmeen

Jun 7, 2019
I applied in June 2019 and couldn't find the thread for that. But today I just got my AIP and they are processing my background check. Then DM and CoPR will happen after that.

Just some info -- they are not conducting landing interviews because of COVID. It states this on the website. They have an online process to do processing of CoPR and then will mail you your permanent resident card after that is completed. There is NO in person interviews at this time. So be happy that things are going to be much smoother instead of having to travel to an office or talk on the phone. You'll just receive your CoPR in an e-mail and utilize that to apply for the PR Card.

wushdishmeen

Jun 7, 2019
Just an update for this thread -- I just received a call today from immigration. They asked if I'm currently in Canada and that was it. I said yes and she said "congratulations you're a permanent resident. Check your e-mail for the CoPR."

It's all over!!!! Been waiting for years.

Now I just have to get a photo taken to get the actual PR card. But that's easy. So anyone waiting should have their phone call coming soon!!!

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Congrats
Just an update for this thread -- I just received a call today from immigration. They asked if I'm currently in Canada and that was it. I said yes and she said "congratulations you're a permanent resident. Check your e-mail for the CoPR."

It's all over!!!! Been waiting for years.

Now I just have to get a photo taken to get the actual PR card. But that's easy. So anyone waiting should have their phone call coming soon!!!
Do you mind sharing your timeline

wushdishmeen

Jun 7, 2019
Congrats

Do you mind sharing your timeline
Sure but I don't have the exact dates for every step... just the main ones. Also want to note how simple the end process is now because of COVID. Simple phone call asked me if I'm in Canada, I said yes, she e-mailed me my CoPR. I went and got a new photo taken and mailed it with my CoPR to a place that's right here in Montreal a few miles away. They will process my PR card and send it to me within 45 days. Until then while I wait I can use my CoPR to apply for a health card, driver's license, social insurance number, etc;

So technically it's all over... but now the work of getting all that stuff begins for me. Already applied for my SIN and driver's license appointment. But I cannot for the life of me get on the phone with RAMQ. They automated system just keeps hanging up saying call volumes are too high and I tried the past 3 days.

Timeline:

Application Received: June 12, 2019
Medical Request: March 12, 2020
Medical Passed: March 26, 2020
Request for Travel History: August 18, 2020
Sent Travel History: September 25, 2020
Eligibility Passed: September 29, 2020
Phone call received issuing CoPR: September 30, 2020

I actually would of had my CoPR a month sooner, but I had a weird mishap with my travel history request. I requested my travel history from CBSA on August 18 the same day I got the request from IRCC. I didn't receive anything for 35 days and waited to contact them because it said it could take up to 30 days and sometimes extra because of COVID restrictions.

So I gave them a few extra days. Once I contacted them they claimed they already sent it a week after I requested it and mailed it to my house... but the address they had was the wrong house number (I didn't make that mistake, they did). I think they freaked out because it's illegal to send privacy documents to the wrong house. Because then I was then put in touch with the director of CBSA and she informed me that they do not mail travel history anymore during COVID. She said they e-mail it and I should have received it in e-mail a week after I requested it. (I never did and I don't miss any e-mails)

So she said she would have her staff resend the email, but then a few minutes later emailed me again saying "Actually I will do it myself." and apologized for the mishap, and attached my travel history directly to the email. She was very nice and I think covering up for the fact that they mailed my info to some stranger.

Basically -- If I would have contacted them right away I would've been able to submit travel history to IRCC on August 28 and gotten my CoPR a few days later. So you should account for that in your wait times as a June 2019 inland applicant I technically should of had CoPR by the end of August 2020.

But I'm glad it's all over and I just wanted to give some hope for those of you who applied around the same time and are still waiting. TRUST that you will get a response soon.