+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

Frenchie_Mom1

Nov 20, 2019
Hi all
Send my application in for Perment Residency July 8th, 2019.
It was received July 12,2019.
Just seeing if anyone with the same dates as me has gotten thier OWP approved? This seems crazy long...I have a job lined up and I feel bad because I told my future employer I would have my OWP by now :( this is beyond frustrating and I’m running out of funds and need to work...

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi all
Just seeing if anyone with the same dates as me has gotten thier OWP approved? This seems crazy long...I have a job lined up and I feel bad because I told my future employer I would have my OWP by now :( this is beyond frustrating and I’m running out of funds and need to work...
You should give them a call and check it out, most of July applicant received their OWPs a while ago.

Pavikash

Aug 14, 2019
Hi all
hey,

File recieved 2nd july. Aor 15 july.
Still waiting for owp.

called them couple times. No help. Already sent web request. Waiting for moth to over. Lets hope gets approve soon.

i know there are few people from end of june And early july who hasnt recieved owp.

Frenchie_Mom1

Nov 20, 2019
Here’s an update: I called immigration : they said I paid only the $155 portion of the original fee for my open work permit so mid September they sent me a notice and told me to pay the remaining $100 open work permit fee. I did this and sent it back right away. However when I sent it back I did not realize this would create a “new submission date” for my open work permit so the immigration official on the phone today told me my “new date” is September 30th. I’m just crushed. This means I will not get my OWP untill February...I’m considering flag poling and getting a work permit that way since I have a job offer but I’m hesitant to do this since I live 10 hours from the closest boarder crossings and of course they can refuse me there and then I’m out alll the money I spent to get there and back and still not able to work...any offers of advise on what to do is appreciated...I’m pretty sad..

Ncik

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Here’s an update: I called immigration : they said I paid only the $155 portion of the original fee for my open work permit so mid September they sent me a notice and told me to pay the remaining $100 open work permit fee. I did this and sent it back right away. However when I sent it back I did not realize this would create a “new submission date” for my open work permit so the immigration official on the phone today told me my “new date” is September 30th. I’m just crushed. This means I will not get my OWP untill February...I’m considering flag poling and getting a work permit that way since I have a job offer but I’m hesitant to do this since I live 10 hours from the closest boarder crossings and of course they can refuse me there and then I’m out alll the money I spent to get there and back and still not able to work...any offers of advise on what to do is appreciated...I’m pretty sad..
Im in the same boat as a June applicant. And the only hope I can give you is that things are moving along faster now and july and especially august OWPs went through pretty smoothly and quick. seems like they are back to the seven- eight weeks mark. So if we are lucky we should see them before the new year, as August OWP's are done and next week September should start rolling out

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Lots of medical requests for July applicants today, from AB and BC. Anyone from the east receive medicals yet?

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
Does anyone know if you can do the medical exam in the US? I am from the US and have to travel home briefly in December to give birth due to not having OHIP yet. I’m worried they’ll ask for the medical exam while I’m gone and wondering if we can do it there?

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
I also got my medical request today!