Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Does anyone know if I could get a medical exam done in US, when it comes?

Planning a trip.
There is one thing I don't get and that is why are inland applicants planning trips when we supposedly have to stay IN Canada until we become PRs :D If I were this calm, I would travel to the Czech Republic to be with my parents too and not care about getting through the Canadian borders again, but no, I ain't risking my application :D Why? :D

Reactions: K1w1

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how it works when you want to study or get a certificate from an institution while holding a work permit?

You have to go apply study permit in order to be eligible to be accpeted by school.
And, that means if you are holding the work permit, that would be gone.

You can either hold work permit OR study permit.
However, if you are holding the study permit, and being a full-time student.
You can work max of 20 hours per week with that study permit.

opaque

Sep 29, 2016
So that means I am also eligible to study at school of continuing studies, right? (certificates or professional courses up to 12 weeks ish)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html

People who don’t need a permit to study in Canada
Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. The cases below are exceptions.

Short-term studies (6 months or less)
You can study at any school in Canada without a study permit if:

• your course or program lasts 6 months or less
  • your studies aren’t part of a longer program and
  • you’ll complete all your studies within the time we approved you to stay in Canada (usually 6 months after you enter)
If you’re taking prerequisite courses, you should get a study permit, even if the courses are less than 6 months long. If you don’t, you’ll have to apply for a study permit before you can start your full study program. Depending on processing times, you may not get it in time to start your studies.

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Has anyone got the medical request? There is almost not any update on the spreadsheets of July & June in this month. It’s weird.

Reactions: K1w1

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Has anyone got the medical request? There is almost not any update on the spreadsheets of July & June in this month. It’s weird.
I have a theory that they're close to meeting their quota for new PR's in 2019 and are slowing down a bit until January. Either that or they had a lot of applications for different types of visas/permits in June.

Reactions: may2019

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I have a theory that they're close to meeting their quota for new PR's in 2019 and are slowing down a bit until January. Either that or they had a lot of applications for different types of visas/permits in June.
According to the spreadsheets, there are much more applicants in April and May, so those in June and July were slowed down significantly. I am not surprised by the slowness for June and July.
But if you look carefully the June spreadsheet, you will find that there were not medical requests after the middle of October, while in July spreadsheet, medical request is not started yet. So, it seems, immigration officers have stopped work on medical request for a whole month! That is what I feel weird.

Last edited:

kanver maan

Nov 19, 2019
Hi
Just joined the thread today.
Applied in june
Got confirmation july
Got medical request nov 19(booked appointment for nov 20)
How long we have to wait ??
Please reply

Reactions: may2019

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi
Just joined the thread today.
Applied in june
Got confirmation july
Got medical request nov 19(booked appointment for nov 20)
How long we have to wait ??
Please reply
No rules, it could be a week it could be a month, depends on when they get to it. It's good at least your application is moving ahead.

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
There is one thing I don't get and that is why are inland applicants planning trips when we supposedly have to stay IN Canada until we become PRs :D If I were this calm, I would travel to the Czech Republic to be with my parents too and not care about getting through the Canadian borders again, but no, I ain't risking my application :D Why? :D
I agree. After all, they can deny you entry when you come back. Unlikely, but possible. I'm staying in Canada until it gets approved.

Reactions: TerezaB