+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
I'm starting to get so frustrated seeing July and August applicants get their OWP. It's been more than 4 months for us, we've called 3 or 4 times (agents say there is nothing they can do because the website says they are only processing June 14th applicants), and we're still waiting.

Nsala86

Oct 17, 2019
I'm starting to get so frustrated seeing July and August applicants get their OWP. It's been more than 4 months for us, we've called 3 or 4 times (agents say there is nothing they can do because the website says they are only processing June 14th applicants), and we're still waiting.
I am feeling the same frustration. I check daily and have heard zero regarding our OWP. I haven’t even been able to get through to agents and not hearing anything is driving me crazy. Hope you hear soon

Lestad_01

Aug 12, 2019
I am feeling the same frustration. I check daily and have heard zero regarding our OWP. I haven’t even been able to get through to agents and not hearing anything is driving me crazy. Hope you hear soon
Did you get your OWP application returned?

Livy96

Nov 27, 2018
Is it normal for under the final decision to say “your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made” does everyones say that even though we haven’t had the medical exam

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Is it normal for under the final decision to say “your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made” does everyones say that even though we haven’t had the medical exam
Yes, it is normal.

koolord

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Today is November 1st. I hope everyone has a good start. Will we receive medical requests this month?

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Today is November 1st. I hope everyone has a good start. Will we receive medical requests this month?
Looks like June applicants only started receiving medical requests towards the end of October, so maybe towards the end of November you might hear something.

Reactions: koolord

Mizz_Ozzy

Aug 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I had my OWP application returned back to me Sept 17th as per the letter but didn't see the mail till Sept 24th as a surprise in my mail without an email to notifying us. I was informed I had insufficient funds of $100 for the open work permit. I didn't know about it because when you use the online tool to calculate the amount required for you to pay for the whole application, it does not add OWP to it :(.. Anyways, I paid it and sent it back Sept 25th. Now I am yet to hear back from then as regards to if i have been approved or anything. I have been seeing that people are already getting their OWP physically or already have the notification and able to link it.

My main concern is that I do not know if this set back has affected by implied status.

Please what can I do! I am really nervous... Help!
Thanks

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I had my OWP application returned back to me Sept 17th as per the letter but didn't see the mail till Sept 24th as a surprise in my mail without an email to notifying us. I was informed I had insufficient funds of $100 for the open work permit. I didn't know about it because when you use the online tool to calculate the amount required for you to pay for the whole application, it does not add OWP to it :(.. Anyways, I paid it and sent it back Sept 25th. Now I am yet to hear back from then as regards to if i have been approved or anything. I have been seeing that people are already getting their OWP physically or already have the notification and able to link it.

My main concern is that I do not know if this set back has affected by implied status.

Please what can I do! I am really nervous... Help!
Thanks
Hi Mizz_Ozzy,

We have the same issue. We sent back our application on Sept 25 as well and was returned due to insufficient payment for the work permit. We haven't heard anything as well but my husband was able to link his OWP application online last Oct 12 in GCkey. No updates since linking it and we could see that August applicants are getting their OWPs already.

We called CIC agent to ask about implied status and they said my husband would be as long as the OWP application doesn't get rejected.

We just have to be more patient. :)

Reactions: Mizz_Ozzy

Mizz_Ozzy

Aug 26, 2019
Yea. I just called them and they told me that since my OWP was returned on Sept 25 after my Status in Canada had expired in August 2019, I had to pay for the restoration of Status $200.

However, they are still processing the OWP from Sept and it takes 4 months for it to be approved so probably won't hear anything till Dec.

It's just frustrating :(that they are processing my OWP separately from the Family application date when I had submitted all the documents at the same time, telling me that due to the return, my official OWP date is Sept 25th. I am just glad that it did not affect my Sponsorship application in general.

So please if you had returned your application after your status has expired, you have to pay for the restoration of status before they give you your OWP.

Thank You Marcus2390.:)

Last edited: