Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
I am getting frustrated. I called CIC, and they said the OWP won't be looked at until End of November, and here i see people getting emails about work permit, and their applications being linked online - nothing of that sort has happened for my wife.
Wow. I feel like they give different information to everyone, hah. Anyway, we have to be patient...

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
I am getting frustrated. I called CIC, and they said the OWP won't be looked at until End of November, and here i see people getting emails about work permit, and their applications being linked online - nothing of that sort has happened for my wife.

App Receive Date: July 9
AOR: Aug 20
Don't be I know how hard the waiting process is I am in the same boat! What I was told November is the 4 month mark for July applicants. It can be approved way before that but if by the end of November it not there please call them. Waiting is frustrating but not much we can do.:)

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019

App Receive Date: July 9
AOR: Aug 20
Hang in there, I got my AOR on AUGUST 17th and OWP on OCTOBER 2nd. Yours' should be coming up soon!

juliakristof

May 5, 2017
It's so frustrating that so many of July applicants have received their OWP. I mean, that's obviously great for you guys but half of June applicant's still haven't received theirs and we're coming up on 4 months.

Krishnaaj

Oct 4, 2019
Help! I'm a PR and I applied for my wife's sponsorship application. She had a temporary student permit but it expired on May 25. we applied before the expiry but the application came back due to missing document. Re submitted again which was received on July 12. Received Application number and AOR on Aug 21. The problem is that the re submitted application was delivered on July 12 after the temporary permit expiry. The OWP application came back (Sept 23) again due to insufficient fund (looks like I only paid $155 and didn't pay the open work permit holder $100). Whats the best way to handle this situation? would the expired status affect the OWP and Sponsorship? What are the chances of getting OWP approved so my wife can restore the status? Thanks in advance.

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi! Were you able to link your OPW? How did they send the OPW approval to you?
Since the sponsorship and pr applications were linked to my partner's accounts (sponsor) and the work permit was linked to me personally (applicant), I received the approval via my personal email. The AOR we received was via my partner's personal email.

Are we required to link them together?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Help! I'm a PR and I applied for my wife's sponsorship application. She had a temporary student permit but it expired on May 25. we applied before the expiry but the application came back due to missing document. Re submitted again which was received on July 12. Received Application number and AOR on Aug 21. The problem is that the re submitted application was delivered on July 12 after the temporary permit expiry. The OWP application came back (Sept 23) again due to insufficient fund (looks like I only paid $155 and didn't pay the open work permit holder $100). Whats the best way to handle this situation? would the expired status affect the OWP and Sponsorship? What are the chances of getting OWP approved so my wife can restore the status? Thanks in advance.
Your best bet is to contact CIC help centre.They work until 4pm. 1-888-242-2100

Hope it turns out ok for you!

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Hi all,

My OWP was approved today! Valid for 2 years. I have not yet received an email but it's approved in my online account.

App received at CIC: July 15th.
AOR: August 22nd.
OWP approval: October 4th.

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Hi all,

My OWP was approved today! Valid for 2 years. I have not yet received an email but it's approved in my online account.

App received at CIC: July 15th.
AOR: August 22nd.
OWP approval: October 4th.
Congratulations! My email approval came a day later, so no worries!

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Does anyone know what the next step is? When approximately should we expect more news concerning the sponsorship and pr application? And I'm confused with the spreadsheet talk, what exactly is it?