+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hi all,

My OWP was approved today! Valid for 2 years. I have not yet received an email but it's approved in my online account.

App received at CIC: July 15th.
AOR: August 22nd.
OWP approval: October 4th.
Congratulations ! Same time line like myself so keeping fingers cross mine is next!

Reactions: K1w1

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
This afternoon I logged into my cic account, and saw the statue of owp application was "update...". Now I login my account, there is nothing new, still "submitted" as before. Does anyone know what it means? It's a so-called ghost update? How long time will my statue be really changed after a "ghost update"? Thank you!

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
This afternoon I logged into my cic account, and saw the statue of owp application was "update...". Now I login my account, there is nothing new, still "submitted" as before. Does anyone know what it means? It's a so-called ghost update? How long time will my statue be really changed after a "ghost update"? Thank you!
What's your timeline so far?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi everyone

Just want to check. This question is for PA (spouse). Anyone was on TRV (visit) when they applied?

Also, regarding the work per,it, when do you get a SIN number? Does it start with 9? Do you file your taxes when you’re on OWP waiting for PR?

Last edited:

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hi everyone

Just want to check. This question is for PA (spouse). Anyone was on TRV (visit) when they applied?

Also, regarding the work per,it, when do you get a SIN number? Does it start with 9? Do you file your taxes when you’re on OWP waiting for PR?
Yes I was! From my understanding you have to apply for the SIN from service canada office or at the registry. Yes it starts with a 9 and yes you have to file taxes.

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Yes I was! From my understanding you have to apply for the SIN from service canada office or at the registry. Yes it starts with a 9 and yes you have to file taxes.
Since my previous status was study permit with a limited work permit, i already had a sin number. Will it be the same one? Or do i still need to go to service ontario and get a new sin?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
thank you so much for your answer! so my husband is on TRY (visit visa) and as he did not get the job he was waiting for oversea (they havent given the answer and the interview process is taking months) we thought its better he stays here and applies inland to be able to work as our baby is 4 months. I wanted to make sure they wont reject if he only has TRV (valid until 2027 and he can stay in the country until Jan 2020 (6 months). He will probably travel outside of the country before getting the owp or pr, but he is aware of the possible consequences (eg. the border services officer is the one to decide of reentry).

So if I understands, once he gets the permit he cannot work until he gets the SIN number. Once he gets it, he can start working and file for taxes? Then, when he gets PR, he has to apply for new SIN number?

Does everyone get a landing interview? What is a landing interview if the PA is already in the country?

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
thank you so much for your answer! so my husband is on TRY (visit visa) and as he did not get the job he was waiting for oversea (they havent given the answer and the interview process is taking months) we thought its better he stays here and applies inland to be able to work as our baby is 4 months. I wanted to make sure they wont reject if he only has TRV (valid until 2027 and he can stay in the country until Jan 2020 (6 months). He will probably travel outside of the country before getting the owp or pr, but he is aware of the possible consequences (eg. the border services officer is the one to decide of reentry).

So if I understands, once he gets the permit he cannot work until he gets the SIN number. Once he gets it, he can start working and file for taxes? Then, when he gets PR, he has to apply for new SIN number?

Does everyone get a landing interview? What is a landing interview if the PA is already in the country?
I understand congrats on the baby we have a 4 months old too. With our situation I applied for an extension which is valid until Feburary 2020. We sent our 1st application in January and my 6 months was expiring same month so we applied for the extension then. Application was returned in March we were missing our older son police records. Gladly we were covered with the extension so we were never out of status.Once hard copy of permit is recieved he can apply for the SIN right away. It takes a few business days then he can start working ASAP. When PR is complete new SIN number and everything will be given. Did he apply already? With travels it is weird our son travel this summer internationally came back in no questions ask but every one is different. I suggest he wait till receiving OWP before travels I want to bring baby to see grandparents but our lawyer advice us to wait till OWP is approved. Hoping its soon. Hope I gave you some clarifications.

Donna2019

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Since my previous status was study permit with a limited work permit, i already had a sin number. Will it be the same one? Or do i still need to go to service ontario and get a new sin?
Give them a quick call to inquire.

PaulBGee

Aug 8, 2019
OWP notification received on October 3rd, I was given until April 2021. Waiting on the hard copy to come in the post. My AOR came through on August 16th.

Reactions: K1w1