+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *Inland* Spousal Sponsorship

ticainland

Jun 5, 2019
Application received by CIC: July 15th
AOR: August 22nd.
OWP linked: September 17th.
Hi there!
I almost have the same time-line as you. How did you link your Open Work Permit Application?

I sent the documents on July 17th, 2019. Received an email IRCC on August 23rd (AOR) BUT I haven't got anything related with the OWP.

please, help!!!

Thanks

TerezaB

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-07-2019
AOR Received.
20-08-2019
Hi guys!
My wife is Canadian, I am from the Czech Republic and we sent an in-Canada application on July 8th, 2019, it was received the day after and we got the AOR on August 20th. Yesterday the status changed to "in process", so let's see what happens next. I also applied for initial OWP.

I am wondering how some of you were able to link the Open Work Permit application to your online profile when you sent it a few days later than we did, haha. I have no idea how they decide who goes first etc. Or is linking an OWP appl. a tricky part?

Thanks! ;)

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016
Just sharing, i was able to link my partner's OWP today!
Our application was received July 16, AOR August 23. Fingers crossed we get his OWP in a month :)
Hi riverphoenix! My husband's AOR is on Aug 22 and I'm still unable to link his OWP. May I know what info you used to link? Did you use UCI and family name and do you know if putting a space after the entries helps (I've read that a few people have tried that trick). Thanks!

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Hi there!
I almost have the same time-line as you. How did you link your Open Work Permit Application?

I sent the documents on July 17th, 2019. Received an email IRCC on August 23rd (AOR) BUT I haven't got anything related with the OWP.

please, help!!!

Thanks
Hi :)

I logged into my CIC account and clicked the option to link an application. From there I did the following:
Category: Temp resident
Sub category: Work permit & extension
UCI & Family name
Place of birth
Type of work permit: Open
Marital status: Common-law
Situation that applies to applicant: Applied for permanent residency as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

I had been trying everyday for a week but glad it finally worked today. Good luck!

Reactions: ticainland

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016

I logged into my CIC account and clicked the option to link an application. From there I did the following:
UCI & Family name
Place of birth
Situation that applies to applicant: Applied for permanent residency as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

I had been trying everyday for a week but glad it finally worked today. Good luck!
Thank you for the information. I've been trying for the past few week as well. Did you place Canada as the current country of residence?

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Thank you for the information. I've been trying for the past few week as well. Did you place Canada as the current country of residence?
Yes I put Canada as my country of residence.

kyungyyz

Jun 9, 2019
Are you guys receiving an email first that they returned your package before you get it back or it's just gonna surprise you in the mailbox? Because we're living in a basement so we don't know if the owner receives something for us too and we don't wanna bother to keep asking them if they receive something for us.
My application got returned on July 26 (sent the package on June 25). They don't send email! It was purely (unpleasant - haha) surprise in our mailbox.

Last edited:

ticainland

Jun 5, 2019

UCI & Family name
Place of birth

Thank you very much for your reply! It worked!

Have you received any update? or do you know how much it will take approximately to hear from them?

K1w1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-07-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
LANDED..........
04-02-2020
Thank you very much for your reply! It worked!

Have you received any update? or do you know how much it will take approximately to hear from them?
No problem.
I've got no further updates. I believe the May applicants are starting to have their OWP approved so if the timeline stays like that then us July applicants should get ours in November.