Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
One thing i am worrying about that I have not updated my marriage status yet which I got married last year. Reason to not update the marital status as I was hoping that I will get the citizenship soon and updating the status will further delay my application.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Tracker update today:

Background verification is now in progress again (it was completed) i guess because they've had my fingerprints for over a year and they're expired so I'm likely looking at even more delays. I give up.

Johann Pimenta

Jul 25, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
Completed CSQ interview on 03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-11-2015
Tracker update today:

Background verification is now in progress again (it was completed) i guess because they've had my fingerprints for over a year and they're expired so I'm likely looking at even more delays. I give up.
What the hell??? seriously? how can they do this

Johann Pimenta

Jul 25, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
Completed CSQ interview on 03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-11-2015
Decision made on July 21, 2021 and waiting for oath since then. Not sure what's wrong with these people? Can't even reach out to them via phone since my application is not one of those 4 critical categories, they mentioned over voicemail.....
Hi Ahmed, did you have a citizenship interview? I completed my test 2 months back and no updates from then. I'm not sure if we need to give an interview or not.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi every one

my status was completed from Aug 14 2021 except ceremony not started yet today o recive a new updat The ceremony change from not started yet to in progress what that mean?
Thankyou

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi every one

my status was completed from Aug 14 2021 except ceremony not started yet today o recive a new updat The ceremony change from not started yet to in progress what that mean?
Thankyou
It means you are about to be scheduled for the oath soon, hopefully.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi all

any one ceremony status changed from NOT started yet to in process tan scheduled for oath?
My secund question is how long usually take from ceremony status in process to scheduled for oath?

thank you

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
Any other applicant from July 2019 in this group waiting for the test ?

I am July 2019 applicant, they sent the AOR on Sep 28th, 2019. Since then there is no update. I checked the online tracker which says everything in progress except test and ceremony which is not started.

I contacted Local MP office and they told me that my criminality is passed but the application is non-routine because of further verifications. Below is the response I have from MP office in July 2021:

The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):

o the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.

· We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to check the status of their application.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications are in process.

· The immigration verifications have not been initiated

So again I contacted MP office yesterday and received the same response.

I also have the GCMS notes from July 2019 which does not say much. The criminality is passed but the verification is empty there is noting under the verification section.

The online tracker was last updated on April 23rd 2021. I have no clue why IRCC is taking too much time. I have called them and submitted the webform multiple time but no progress just told me to wait. if any information is required from me i will be happy to submit but they say just wait for the next step.

Anyone in the same situation or been in the same situation previously but got citizenship later please share your experience.

Last edited:

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017

I am July 2019 applicant, they sent the AOR on Sep 28th, 2019. Since then there is no update. I checked the online tracker which says everything in progress except test and ceremony which is not started.

I contacted Local MP office and they told me that my criminality is passed but the application is non-routine because of further verifications. Below is the response I have from MP office in July 2021:

o the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant, if they have to provide further details.

· We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to check the status of their application.

I also have the GCMS notes from July 2019 which does not say much. The criminality is passed but the verification is empty there is noting under the verification section.

The online tracker was last updated on April 23rd 2021. I have no clue why IRCC is taking too much time. I have called them and submitted the webform multiple time but no progress just told me to wait. if any information is required from me i will be happy to submit but they say just wait for the next step.

Anyone in the same situation or been in the same situation previously but the citizenship later please share your experience.
Note: I got married in October 2020 almost a year after i received the AOR in Sep 2019. I haven't updated my marriage status as i was thinking updating the marriage status could delay the process and I was hoping that i will receive the update soon on my application but that didn't happen.

Now I am thinking to update my marriage status but afraid that officer would ask why i have not updated the status right away. My wife is a Canadian citizen not sure if it affect the application process.

kangarooduck

Mar 3, 2015
I finally received the online oath invitation email this morning, with the ceremony scheduled for December 7...

Its been a long and challenging close to 2.5 years but it looks like the end is near...

Application is being processed by the Halifax Office..

Updated timeframes below for interest - it would be great if the spreadsheet could also be updated according..

Thanks so much and best of luck to everyone still on this journey.

Citizenship Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1506 days
Application Sent: June 30 , 2019
Application Delivered: July 04 , 2019
AOR Received : Sept 11 , 2019
In Process : Oct 30, 2019
FP Request: Nov 25, 2019
Test Online Email Received : Jan 29, 2021
Test Given Online : Feb 05, 2021 (Result : Pass)
Interview Invite: May 07, 2021
Interview Completed: May 18, 2021
FP Request #2: June 15, 2021
FP Request #2 Processed: June 16, 2021
Email Received for Online Oath : November 26, 2021
Online oath to be taken on : December 07, 2021

New status tool:
Language skills: Completed
Physical presence: Completed
Citizenship test: Completed
Background verification: Completed
Prohibitions: Completed
Citizenship ceremony: In-Progress

Reactions: DOD

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I finally received the online oath invitation email this morning, with the ceremony scheduled for December 7...

Its been a long and challenging close to 2.5 years but it looks like the end is near...

Application is being processed by the Halifax Office..

Updated timeframes below for interest - it would be great if the spreadsheet could also be updated according..

Thanks so much and best of luck to everyone still on this journey.

Citizenship Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1506 days
Application Sent: June 30 , 2019
Application Delivered: July 04 , 2019
AOR Received : Sept 11 , 2019
In Process : Oct 30, 2019
FP Request: Nov 25, 2019
Test Online Email Received : Jan 29, 2021
Test Given Online : Feb 05, 2021 (Result : Pass)
Interview Invite: May 07, 2021
Interview Completed: May 18, 2021
FP Request #2: June 15, 2021
FP Request #2 Processed: June 16, 2021
Email Received for Online Oath : November 26, 2021
Online oath to be taken on : December 07, 2021

New status tool:
Language skills: Completed
Physical presence: Completed
Citizenship test: Completed
Background verification: Completed
Prohibitions: Completed
Citizenship ceremony: In-Progress
Congrats. When was your file's DM?

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021

I July 2019 applicant, they sent the AOR on Sep 28th, 2019. Since then there is no update. I checked the online tracker which says everything in progress except test and ceremony which is not started.

Anyone in the same situation or been in the same situation previously but got citizenship later please share your experience.
I have almost the same timeline but my test has been done on August 27th 2021. What did u see for your background check at online tracker ? Is it complete or not ?

Last edited: