+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Thank you very much for the reply.
Yes, we are willing to travel for Oath ceremony. What is PRTD? Can you please include the link for the new tracker…is that different from the new ECAS page?
Ramesh
1. You don’t need to have a valid PR Card at time of the Oath - so you can present an expired one during the ceremony
2. However, you still need to be fulfilling the residency requirements of a PR - reading your card is expiring in Feb-2022 and you guys outside Canada since August 2019…..do you have any contingency/buffer left regarding return to Canada and still meeting the residency requirements at time of the Oath? (Depending on at what stage your application is and expected progress as well as the time you spent in Canada. before leaving the country)
3. PRTD is the PR travel document you need to apply for when returning to Canada and you don’t have a valid PR card at time of traveling. Apparently you could fly to the US and cross the border with an expired PR card if that facilitates the travel plans and lead time. I don’t know the processing times for PRTD at the designated consulates/embassy but it may possibly interfere with receiving it in time prior the need for travel to be present for the Oath ceremony.
Be prepared to spend some thoughts into the travel planning in case you end up with an expired PR card.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi guys,
A clarification is required from those who might have experienced this or know someone who faced the following issue -

We all know that it is not advisable to travel / reside out of Canada during the time you are expecting to be called for oath taking. However, there is no such compulsion from IRCC. In fact, it is clearly mentioned on their website that one may leave Canada, after IRCC receives your application for Citizenship, as long as they are able to return when called and must have valid PR cards.... Other than that, I do not see any other restrictions...

We applied for Canadian Citizenship in September and received AOR in November 2019. Due to personal reasons, we moved out of Canada and started living abroad since Aug 2021.

My question is to anyone who has gone through similar situation. Have you informed IRCC about change of address or the fact that you are living abroad? Is it advisable to inform IRCC? If any of you had any communication with IRCC in similar matter, kindly share your valuable advise on this matter?
Many thanks
Some move out after application. Some update the address and some dont.
No idea if IRCC will delay as it boils down the officer handling the file and surely not all officers are handling the file same way. When few people informed them about being outside for taking test, some cic officers started asking them to inform them whenever they return(i am thinking that they place absence duration noted in the file which might impact processing priority. We do see a field called unavailability with date range in gcms). So choice is yours.
Many are like this in US as they can easily travel when required. Also of course we have seen many forum members in other countries and traveling to Canada for oath.

orsi.9

Jan 3, 2017
My Timeline:
Sent Application: December 2018
AOR and started to process the application: 2019-02-29
Background verification status updated: 2019-03-18
Over the age so no language no citizenship test required.
No update on the portal since March 18, 2019.
I have been inquiring monthly by webform and phone but no information given besides the application is pending. There are delays due to Covid-19 and the Afghanistan crisis.
Can anyone help me with what to do? It has been 3 years.....

Dhairya7790

Mar 10, 2015
Hello All,

My journey with the citizenship process is done and check my sign for my timeline. I thank everyone on this thread for their knowledge and insight which was extremely helpful. It has been quite a journey and to those who are waiting, I hope you get the coveted citizenship in this new year.

Thanks all and good luck :)

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

My journey with the citizenship process is done with the Oath Ceremony today. I thank everyone on this thread for their knowledge and insight which was extremely helpful. It has been quite a journey and to those who are waiting, I hope you get the coveted citizenship in this new year.

Thanks all and good luck :)

Reactions: AnkiQC and sylvain1

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
July 2019 applicants here. I sent a web form and contacted my MP today. Let's see what they say.

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
my status changed, says scheduled on Mar 2 but haven't received email yet..
I am not sure is it because I contacted PM? maybe just coincident?

They just said a date but not time....do they usually give a time window?

Reactions: AnkiQC

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hello Guys... My application is still in limbo. 2 weeks ago I come from a trip from the USA. The border agent asked why am i not a Citizen yet?. told them the story of the application that was sent in July 2019. he told me directly to hire a lawyer. Does anyone from Montreal contact a lawyer regarding this?