+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Your application seems non-routine. I don't think they check with the embassy in the country of origin, and country of origins presumably don't share information with the embassy. They can verify your criminal history by asking PCCs from the countries you have been to. They may have access to Interpol and FBI databases though. Also, maybe you are under surveillance in Canada for whatever reason, which would delay the background check. Are you a refugee? Refugees have non-routine applications by default as I know, and it may take 3 years to finalize the application
Thankfully I am not a refugee. I also looked at the non routine criteria listed here and I don't fit with them--am I missing something?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thankfully I am not a refugee. I also looked at the non routine criteria listed here and I don't fit with them--am I missing something?
Your BG check is still in progress, which means you will likely receive finger prints request. This is a good sign your file in non-routine. But no one knows why some applications are routine and some are not. If you physical presence calculations don't match their records, it may put your application in the non-routine category, for example. You can request notes to know the status of your application. They will list in it if your application is routine or not. You may also call them and verify this. They may divulge this info to you over the phone.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Everything's "in progress" except for citizenship test and citizenship ceremony which are "Not Started". The only (positive?) thing I see is "Updated: August 26, 2021" at the top of the screen.

Here's another question: is any part of the process (like the background check) conducted at the Canadian Embassy located at the origin country? Maybe that could cause some delay. Otherwise, I don't know what on Earth could be taking them so long. I applied from Toronto, for reference.
I’m in the same boat, my tracker also shows 26 August seen… after completion of test in 25th. When was your test done ? July 2019 Applicant

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
I’m in the same boat, my tracker also shows 26 August seen… after completion of test in 25th. When was your test done ? July 2019 Applicant
I wish my test was done--I haven't even gotten there yet! I'm just waiting on them to invite me for the test at this point.

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Your BG check is still in progress, which means you will likely receive finger prints request. This is a good sign your file in non-routine. But no one knows why some applications are routine and some are not. If you physical presence calculations don't match their records, it may put your application in the non-routine category, for example. You can request notes to know the status of your application. They will list in it if your application is routine or not. You may also call them and verify this. They may divulge this info to you over the phone.
Thanks for these details CaBeaver--unfortunately they don't reply (by webform or phone) to anything "non priority" these days, so will have to wait till they do to ask for notes and/or call them.

When is the BG check usually done for routine applications? What's the deal with finger prints requests (any additional/useful info)?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for these details CaBeaver--unfortunately they don't reply (by webform or phone) to anything "non priority" these days, so will have to wait till they do to ask for notes and/or call them.

When is the BG check usually done for routine applications? What's the deal with finger prints requests (any additional/useful info)?
For routine applications, BG check is completed usually soon after the AOR. I don't know why some people receive FPs and some don't, but it seems those whose BG check remains pending for long after AOR, receive the request.

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Very interesting; thanks for th update. I stayed in a foreign country for 1 and a half year during my PR period and was often traveling abroad to see my fiancee. I suspect this may affect why I get a longer BG check?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Very interesting; thanks for th update. I stayed in a foreign country for 1 and a half year during my PR period and was often traveling abroad to see my fiancee. I suspect this may affect why I get a longer BG check?
Likely, especially if you were in another country than your country of origin, and worked there. IRCC seems to distinguish between if you traveled to your country of origin (if you are not a refugee) or to other countries.

Fennecca

Sep 21, 2019
Hi Folks ,

Any idea on when they'll call for the oath - I see on the online tracker that they're finalizing July 7th to 19th

Dates :
2019-07-10 Application Arrived at IRCC
2019-09-19 Received AOR
2019-10-25 Application in Progress
2010-03-04 Background Check Done
2021-03-31 Received Test Invite
2021-04-18 Passed Test
2021-09-07 Everything passed to be completed apart from Oath Ceremony....

Doesn't seem anything to be non-routine ...

Waiting now ...

Reactions: CaBeaver

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks ,

Any idea on when they'll call for the oath - I see on the online tracker that they're finalizing July 7th to 19th

Dates :
2019-07-10 Application Arrived at IRCC
2019-09-19 Received AOR
2019-10-25 Application in Progress
2010-03-04 Background Check Done
2021-03-31 Received Test Invite
2021-04-18 Passed Test
2021-09-07 Everything passed to be completed apart from Oath Ceremony....

Doesn't seem anything to be non-routine ...

Waiting now ...
Decision made on July 21, 2021 and waiting for oath since then. Not sure what's wrong with these people? Can't even reach out to them via phone since my application is not one of those 4 critical categories, they mentioned over voicemail.....

Reactions: TheJim

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
We took the oath on Nov 2nd.

Office Location: Hamilton
App Sent: Jul 2019
Test Completed : Apr 2021

Reactions: DOD

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Status updated online today. Oath scheduled for November 13th and I am leaving on vacation on November 14th. So need to reschedule that oath..... :(

fahad081

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 31st, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15th, 2016
Med's Request
Noember 10th, 2016
Med's Done....
November 17th, 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 7th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2017
LANDED..........
21-April-2017
Everything's "in progress" except for citizenship test and citizenship ceremony which are "Not Started". The only (positive?) thing I see is "Updated: August 26, 2021" at the top of the screen.

Here's another question: is any part of the process (like the background check) conducted at the Canadian Embassy located at the origin country? Maybe that could cause some delay. Otherwise, I don't know what on Earth could be taking them so long. I applied from Toronto, for reference.
Hello Figsalad,

I am in the same situation as yours. July 2019 applicant and till today haven't received anything other than the AOR in Oct 2019. Contacted IRCC through web form, called them multiple times, reached out to MP but no update yet. Nobody has an answer for the exact status and how much more time they will take. The status on the online tools shows in progress for everything except test and Oath, a very frustrating situation now. The MP office told me that my file is non routine but don't know the reason.

Let me know if you have any progress.