+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
Received Citizenship certificate in the mail today Oct 07; virtual oath ceremony was on Sep 27.

Now on to passport application.

For those still waiting, wishing you my best and hoping you get your citizenship soon!

Reactions: Hapique

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Reactions: Hapique

higher_888

Dec 15, 2016
I was requested to submit my scanned passport on Sep 9th, and I did on Sep 16. Today I checked my status, it is still waiting for me to action. Almost a month. Did anyone have the same situations?

AM15

Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well. Finally, one more step up, I have received a test invitation on the 12th and gave test today. Test passed, waiting for the next step.

Wishing you all the best to whoever is still waiting for test invite (especially those from 2019, like me).

Reactions: DOD

jonka5

Aug 17, 2021
Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well. Finally, one more step up, I have received a test invitation on the 12th and gave test today. Test passed, waiting for the next step.

Wishing you all the best to whoever is still waiting for test invite (especially those from 2019, like me).
Congrats. Try to stay strong and sane. It might be another 6-12 months before the oath invite.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Reactions: royce110

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help create a Twitter trend so IRCC takes action on pending 2019 applications
Otherwise IRCC seems to be busy prioritizing 2020 and 2021 applications, which is grossly unfair to 2019 applicants.

See CanadaVisaForum thread below:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2019-applicants-are-stuck-in-limbo-help-create-a-twitter-trend-so-ircc-can-take-note-action.747403/

Original Twitter Link below:
Not 2020 so much unfortunately, only a handful of 2020 folks have made it to oath. Perhaps we need a separate 2020 twitter thread

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys, I have a quick question:
The online tool to check application status--linked here--shows that they're finalizing most applications received between July 7th and 13th as of today (Oct 20th). What do they mean by received? Is it when my application was received by them from Canada Post? Or is it the AOR?

I sent my application on June 27th 2019, pretty sure it was delivered July 3rd 2019, and AOR Sept 6th 2019. Nothing since and I'm not sure whether I should worry. The old status checker--with a completion bar if I recall correctly--had more dates relevant to our application--the new one, implemented in June if my memory serves me right, only shows Sept 6th as the date for which " Application Filed: We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon."

I am not sure whether the date reflected in the application status tool--linked at the beginning of my post--reflects the date they received my application by mail--i.e. July 3rd--or the date of what seems tobe the AOR--Sept 6th. Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated! I emailed IRCC with questions but they are apparently not responding to requests received from the web form unless it's related to a priority inquiry.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys, I have a quick question:
The online tool to check application status--linked here--shows that they're finalizing most applications received between July 7th and 13th as of today (Oct 20th). What do they mean by received? Is it when my application was received by them from Canada Post? Or is it the AOR?

I sent my application on June 27th 2019, pretty sure it was delivered July 3rd 2019, and AOR Sept 6th 2019. Nothing since and I'm not sure whether I should worry. The old status checker--with a completion bar if I recall correctly--had more dates relevant to our application--the new one, implemented in June if my memory serves me right, only shows Sept 6th as the date for which " Application Filed: We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon."

I am not sure whether the date reflected in the application status tool--linked at the beginning of my post--reflects the date they received my application by mail--i.e. July 3rd--or the date of what seems tobe the AOR--Sept 6th. Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated! I emailed IRCC with questions but they are apparently not responding to requests received from the web form unless it's related to a priority inquiry.
I suppose it's the date they received your file, but they could play the AOR date card if you asked them why your file is not finalized. It's their game to be vague. What's the status of your application? What's completed?

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
I suppose it's the date they received your file, but they could play the AOR date card if you asked them why your file is not finalized. It's their game to be vague. What's the status of your application? What's completed?
Everything's "in progress" except for citizenship test and citizenship ceremony which are "Not Started". The only (positive?) thing I see is "Updated: August 26, 2021" at the top of the screen.

Here's another question: is any part of the process (like the background check) conducted at the Canadian Embassy located at the origin country? Maybe that could cause some delay. Otherwise, I don't know what on Earth could be taking them so long. I applied from Toronto, for reference.

Reactions: raaj051

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Everything's "in progress" except for citizenship test and citizenship ceremony which are "Not Started". The only (positive?) thing I see is "Updated: August 26, 2021" at the top of the screen.

Here's another question: is any part of the process (like the background check) conducted at the Canadian Embassy located at the origin country? Maybe that could cause some delay. Otherwise, I don't know what on Earth could be taking them so long. I applied from Toronto, for reference.
Your application seems non-routine. I don't think they check with the embassy in the country of origin, and country of origins presumably don't share information with the embassy. They can verify your criminal history by asking PCCs from the countries you have been to. They may have access to Interpol and FBI databases though. Also, maybe you are under surveillance in Canada for whatever reason, which would delay the background check. Are you a refugee? Refugees have non-routine applications by default as I know, and it may take 3 years to finalize the application

Reactions: Shazia123

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat. Applied July 2019. No update since the AOR.

Your application seems non-routine. I don't think they check with the embassy in the country of origin, and country of origins presumably don't share information with the embassy. They can verify your criminal history by asking PCCs from the countries you have been to. They may have access to Interpol and FBI databases though. Also, maybe you are under surveillance in Canada for whatever reason, which would delay the background check. Are you a refugee? Refugees have non-routine applications by default as I know, and it may take 3 years to finalize the application