+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
Until recently, I was in a similar situation. Applied in June 2019. Did three fingerprints as each expired after one year. Very frustrating.

I sent 12 web forms to no avail and did GCMS notes which revealed nothing amiss. I wrote to my MP.

Then on this forum, I took the advice to get a lawyer to write them with evidence of all the delays and give notice that I'll file for a writ of mandamus with the Supreme Court(SC). The lawyer gave IRCC a deadline of April 30 to see movement otherwise, the SC option will be activated. Within 2 weeks, there was rapid movement and progress. I took the oath early May. All sorted including a brand new Canadian passport. I had the pleasure to be an early voter in Ontario's elections too.

My advice will be to get a good lawyer to write IRCC. It worked for me. Best of luck.
Can you share the contact info of the lawyer? I applied on July 7, 2019 and still waiting. Contacted a couple of lawyers but they were no help.

sss82

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland(originally NDVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
16-Jan-2015-PER
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2015
Until recently, I was in a similar situation. Applied in June 2019. Did three fingerprints as each expired after one year. Very frustrating.

I sent 12 web forms to no avail and did GCMS notes which revealed nothing amiss. I wrote to my MP.

Then on this forum, I took the advice to get a lawyer to write them with evidence of all the delays and give notice that I'll file for a writ of mandamus with the Supreme Court(SC). The lawyer gave IRCC a deadline of April 30 to see movement otherwise, the SC option will be activated. Within 2 weeks, there was rapid movement and progress. I took the oath early May. All sorted including a brand new Canadian passport. I had the pleasure to be an early voter in Ontario's elections too.

My advice will be to get a good lawyer to write IRCC. It worked for me. Best of luck.
Hi- Could you please give details on the lawyer that you used. I am in a similar situation. Have been asked for fingerprints for the third time. Each time IRCC does nothing on my application. And when more than a year passes, they just request a new set of fingerprints.

HM1300

Jun 8, 2021
Hi

I applied in July 2019 for citizenship and got the acknowledgment in September 2019. In November requested Fingerprints, which I provided.

After that, no progress at all, and showing all processes "under progress" ATIP shows my file is in Mississauga under "2019 Aging Inventory"

Tried to get updates through MP Office, Webform, and Immigration Minister's office. Everyone confirmed, that everything is OK, Just wait.

Anyone in this situation and have not received test or interview yet.
Hi , are you still waiting? I applied in August 2019 and in the same boat as you.

Reactions: Dreamlad

HM1300

Jun 8, 2021
I got test notification last week and completed my knowledge test yesterday. Waiting for next steps
Does everything still shows in progress in your tracker? I completed my test back in March and since then no progress. The only thing that shows as completed is my citizenship test and the rest shows in progress.

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Does everything still shows in progress in your tracker? I completed my test back in March and since then no progress. The only thing that shows as completed is my citizenship test and the rest shows in progress.
Same...

goldencheck

Oct 2, 2022
Hi everyone,
I would appreciate some help regarding an interview please.
Myself and my wife have been asked to appear for an in person interview. We have completed the citizenship tests. We have been asked to bring all original documents and 2 photo IDs. We are taking our PR cards and UK passports.
They have said “You will also be asked to answer any concerns we may have about your application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements for citizenship”. What are the questions asked in these situations?
Thank you all.
Hi,

Can you advise on how did the interview go? I have the same interview coming in couple days and I have the same questions you had when you posted this. It would be very helpful if you can reply

canadaehcitizen

Jan 18, 2019
Hi- Could you please give details on the lawyer that you used. I am in a similar situation. Have been asked for fingerprints for the third time. Each time IRCC does nothing on my application. And when more than a year passes, they just request a new set of fingerprints.
@Mansa2019 , may I know who is the lawyer you get the service of?

3rbii

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi,

Can you advise on how did the interview go? I have the same interview coming in couple days and I have the same questions you had when you posted this. It would be very helpful if you can reply
how did the interview go? and what did they ask you?