+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

hello kitty

Aug 20, 2010
Hi guys,
As we never really received an actual AOR however both applications (PR and OWP) have been linked to our online account - I will assume that all is ok with ththe submitted applications.
Now my question is that if any requests or messages related to the applications come from CIC, will they abe sent via email to the applicant, the applicant, or will they just show via our online accounts messages section?
Thanks for the help!

linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
    • through your online account.
If you wish to link an application submitted by mail to your online account, you must login in your account first. Then:

• Please click on Add (link) your application to your account,
  • Enter the information exactly as you did on your application form,
    • if you made updates after you applied, please enter the most recent information,
  • Once you have linked your application to your account, all messages about your application will be sent to you through that account. You will no longer receive letters by mail about your application.
You may consult our website in order to obtain more information regarding which types of applications can be linked to an online account.

IRCC Web form available on our website and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please also add the following information:

1. Your current status in Canada
  2. The expiration date of that status
  3. (If applicable) Date the application was submitted
  4. Information you are looking for and nature of the problem
  5. Information requested under A or B, depending on your situation:
A) Experiencing technical difficulties uploading a form/document?

Please include:

• A copy of the form/document you are trying to upload (all fields completed), and
  • All your answers to the online questionnaire. To do that:
    • select the Modify my Answers button located at the top of the online questionnaire. Once you are redirected to the page entitled Find Out if You're Eligible to Apply, you can:
B) You created a new account and would like to link it to an online application that has already been submitted?

All you need to do is click on Add (link) your application to your account. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please provide us with screen shots of all your answers appearing on the Link an existing application to this account page.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account. In order for the sponsor to make an enquiry, the principal applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form.

C) Your situation is not described under A or B?

Please include:

• Screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
    • page where you are experiencing problems/trying to log into your account,
    • error message(s) you received, and
  • Specify the date and time when the problem occurred.
We will be pleased to follow up on your request within 10 business days following reception of the above information.

Check your application status - You may either:
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Note: The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
linked to an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
    • through your online account.
If you wish to link an application submitted by mail to your online account, you must login in your account first. Then:

• Please click on Add (link) your application to your account,
  • Enter the information exactly as you did on your application form,
    • if you made updates after you applied, please enter the most recent information,
  • Once you have linked your application to your account, all messages about your application will be sent to you through that account. You will no longer receive letters by mail about your application.
You may consult our website in order to obtain more information regarding which types of applications can be linked to an online account.

IRCC Web form available on our website and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please also add the following information:

1. Your current status in Canada
  2. The expiration date of that status
  3. (If applicable) Date the application was submitted
  4. Information you are looking for and nature of the problem
  5. Information requested under A or B, depending on your situation:
A) Experiencing technical difficulties uploading a form/document?

Please include:

• A copy of the form/document you are trying to upload (all fields completed), and
  • All your answers to the online questionnaire. To do that:
    • select the Modify my Answers button located at the top of the online questionnaire. Once you are redirected to the page entitled Find Out if You're Eligible to Apply, you can:
B) You created a new account and would like to link it to an online application that has already been submitted?

All you need to do is click on Add (link) your application to your account. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please provide us with screen shots of all your answers appearing on the Link an existing application to this account page.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account. In order for the sponsor to make an enquiry, the principal applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form.

C) Your situation is not described under A or B?

Please include:

• Screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
    • page where you are experiencing problems/trying to log into your account,
    • error message(s) you received, and
  • Specify the date and time when the problem occurred.
We will be pleased to follow up on your request within 10 business days following reception of the above information.

Check your application status - You may either:
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Note: The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages.
So the answer is no - they will only be sent to this online account.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Received a email to send the application for the CSQ yesterday (6 days after AOR) as a Quebec resident in case anyone is interested to know about that.

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
So my application was returned to me today, apparently a couple of things were missing. However, my application contains both things that have been marked as not included.
-Most recent Notice of Assessment
-Insufficient processing fees for the Application to Change Conditions and Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker.

I have the receipt for the payment attached to the application to change conditions. Which, on the IRCC website it is $100 for the Open Work Permit.
And my husband's most recent notice of assessment was also included, attached in the correct place as marked on the checklist.

So i'm slightly at a loss for what they're saying they were missing from the application, when they are both clearly there and i'm currently looking at them.

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
So my application was returned to me today, apparently a couple of things were missing. However, my application contains both things that have been marked as not included.
-Most recent Notice of Assessment
-Insufficient processing fees for the Application to Change Conditions and Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker.

I have the receipt for the payment attached to the application to change conditions. Which, on the IRCC website it is $100 for the Open Work Permit.
And my husband's most recent notice of assessment was also included, attached in the correct place as marked on the checklist.

So i'm slightly at a loss for what they're saying they were missing from the application, when they are both clearly there and i'm currently looking at them.

Hi open work permit is 100 but you gotta pay for the open work permit holder fee as well it is 155 so both is 255. Then the notice of assessment i think you have to make sure line 751 is included not sure if it is 751 but it is the line for total income annually. I hope this helps. When did u submit your application?

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Application + OWP sent: 07-22-2018
Application + OWP received: 07-24-2018
AOR1: 08-22-2018

Still trying to link the application online. It's unnecessarily difficult and got blocked until tomorrow.

Last edited:

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Application sent: 07-22-2018
Application received: 07-24-2018

Still trying to link the application online. It's unnecessarily difficult and got blocked until tomorrow.
Did u receive it by mail? Thanks

sanko

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Application + OWP sent: 07-22-2018
Application + OWP received: 07-24-2018

Was able to link the spousal application with the UCI number that I already had before, not the new one CIC gives you in the AOR email.

I also linked the OWP application on my first try. Funny that is says that the OWP application was received on July 17, 2018, not on the 24th.

Well, the wait begins, again...

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
I just linked my application. In the app number, last name and my passport number i put space in the beginning and worked :)

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Was able to link the spousal application with the UCI number that I already had before, not the new one CIC gives you in the AOR email.

I also linked the OWP application on my first try. Funny that is says that the OWP application was received on July 17, 2018, not on the 24th.

Well, the wait begins, again...
Which means you may get your OWP early, a person I know, his OWP application date like yours, he got the OWP early then others. lol

Reactions: sanko

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I was wondering about that, too. My account says the OWP application was received June 26th, but I didn't mail it til June 30th, and it was received in Mississauga July 3rd.o_O

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
July 6, 2018 - Application sent.(submitted all docs which are requested)
July 9, 2018 - Application delivered to Processing Center.
Aug 11, 2018 - AOR.

Successfully linked my spouse application.

my question is - when i linked the application i do not see anything regarding OWP, i just see Application Type as "Permanent Residency".

what should i do to link OWP or will CIC link the application at later stage??

Reactions: Karen Arias