+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

oshinz12

Mar 4, 2018
Not yet. I called them up on Monday to ask about whether I should apply to extend my visitor visa as my 6 months is up on 10th Sept, the guy I spoke to said that because I submitted my application for an OWP with the sponsorship, that I didn’t have to submit an application to extend visitor visa as the OWP does that for me and that I technically have implied status now. He took some details and checked that my application had in fact been received, which he confirmed and said that they’re currently processing applications from the 20th June. So we don’t have much longer to wait! Super excited.

Best of luck to you all.
Also, how did you manage to speak to CIC. I've been trying with the options suggested by others. Any tips?

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
I (sponsor) got our AOR.
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
June 29 2018
- Application sent.(Police check certificated and Schedule A submitted upfront)
July 03 2018 - Application delivered to Processing Centre.
Aug 09 2018 - AOR

Client Application Status
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXXX on July 3, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on August 9, 2018.

Reactions: hello kitty

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
We also got our AOR today.
App received July 5th
AOR August 11th

So, so, so relieved. Was terrified that we'd missed something, and it would be sent back! I am happy to wait for everything else, now that I know processing has at least been 'started'.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not yet. I called them up on Monday to ask about whether I should apply to extend my visitor visa as my 6 months is up on 10th Sept, the guy I spoke to said that because I submitted my application for an OWP with the sponsorship, that I didn’t have to submit an application to extend visitor visa as the OWP does that for me and that I technically have implied status now. He took some details and checked that my application had in fact been received, which he confirmed and said that they’re currently processing applications from the 20th June. So we don’t have much longer to wait! Super excited.

Best of luck to you all.
Thanks for the info - I called on Friday and was told also that they are processing June 20th applications however in this post there are other applicants who’s application was received July 3 or later and have already received AORs.

Makes me worry a bit as this is now my second time sending the application :(
Happy for those whose waiting is over.

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hi,

Application received to IRCC - 9th July 2018
AOR - 12th August 2018

and the wait begins....

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Also, how did you manage to speak to CIC. I've been trying with the options suggested by others. Any tips?
It was a lot of trial and error getting through their automated system, so I couldn’t tell you exactly how I ended up getting in touch with them other than trying pretty much every option they had! Sorry I can’t be of much more help!

Seeing a few July applicants getting their AOR’s, super excited and keeping an eye out for mine!

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hi i am new here, sent my spousal sponsorship together with owp would it be a longer process?

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
I (sponsor) got our AOR.
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
June 29 2018
- Application sent.(Police check certificated and Schedule A submitted upfront)
July 03 2018 - Application delivered to Processing Centre.
Aug 09 2018 - AOR

Client Application Status
Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX XXXXX on July 3, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on August 9, 2018.

Do i still need to send them my police clearance? (I am the sponsor)

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Delivered 11th July. Now the wait begins!

Hi, have you gotten anything yet? I submitted our inland app plus owp canada post tracking says delivered any news on how long the wait is and do i need to submit my police clearance being the sponsor myself?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi, have you gotten anything yet? I submitted our inland app plus owp canada post tracking says delivered any news on how long the wait is and do i need to submit my police clearance being the sponsor myself?
The average wait to receive AOR1 from delivery date is about 40 days.

Sponsor doesn't need to submit police clearance, only the applicant does.

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
The average wait to receive AOR1 from delivery date is about 40 days.

Sponsor doesn't need to submit police clearance, only the applicant does.

Thanks for answering. Im a bit worried cos the wife has been here for 4 months. Took manitoba stats 8 weeks to process our marriage cert :(