+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Does Ralph still replies to emails, I have emailed him during my 4th month. My application is in RR for POF. I have submitted new docs via CSE back in December, after that I have emailed them twice and all they said was the new documents are added to my application, it is waiting to be reviewed by an officer and they cannot confirm when my file will be ready for finalization. There has been no movement, no ghost update. Will emailing Ralph helps? If so can I draft a new email or I'll just reply to my previous one? I am not sure about ordering another set of GCMS notes at this time.
They wont help. I got a response out his office a few weeks ago but all they do is check your status with IRCC, give you the update and offer to check it for you again in two months. It amazes me that a Government Minster has no pull to grease the wheels of progress at public sector organization.

CanadianSympathy

Feb 11, 2019
They wont help. I got a response out his office a few weeks ago but all they do is check your status with IRCC, give you the update and offer to check it for you again in two months. It amazes me that a Government Minster has no pull to grease the wheels of progress at public sector organization.
Was hoping for a Paddy’s day surprise. 8 months.

CanadianSympathy

Feb 11, 2019
A handful of days off 8 months myself. Morale is in the toilet.
Please remind me of your stream and visa office.
It’s my fiancé who is applying for the second time. First was denied last May after just two months due to an error in noc code. She reapplied quickly with the proper docs but she is on visitor status and unable to work since last May.

July 17 AOR
CEC inland
Ottawa

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Question guys.
I am a CEC-Inland applicant.
I recently accepted a job offer and I am going to start my new job sometime soon.
It is the exact same position and NOC number. Only my employer has changed.
Knowing that my eligibility and criminality is passed and only security is in progress, Do you think that I need to inform CIC about this change through a webform?
@cansha @tobs @legalfalcon
You should inform IRCC that you have changed your job. This is vital because IRCC may inquire about your employment verification with your current employer, if you have claimed for that employment.

By informing IRCC, they will be aware that you no longer work there. There is no need for an updated work ref letter from the new employer. Just a simple communication informing change of employment.

Reactions: INTamir and cecict

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Recommended Pass
Criminality - in progress
Security - not initiated
My status is exactly same as yours since August....
I wish you good luck and hope my file have a movement too as my AOR is very close to yours...

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
My status is exactly same as yours since August....
I wish you good luck and hope my file have a movement too as my AOR is very close to yours...
What is really confusing for me is that Criminality cheks are still in progress... I would understand security where people sometimes fall under screening, but criminality? Eh.

Reactions: cecict

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
You should inform IRCC that you have changed your job. This is vital because IRCC may inquire about your employment verification with your current employer, if you have claimed for that employment.

By informing IRCC, they will be aware that you no longer work there. There is no need for an updated work ref letter from the new employer. Just a simple communication informing change of employment.
Awesome, that totally makes sense. Thanks a lot.

skashanm

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Respected legal falcon and seniors
Hi all
I applied in nov 2017 through fstp programme, my case went to review required straight away, it has been 16 months. I am afraid my employer will no longer support me. Can i get another lmia through different employer??? Will this effect my 50 points in my current case????
@legalfalcon @tobs need your help in this regard please.

Last edited:

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Hi! Congratulations!!

Did you know status of your Criminality/Security prior to ghost update?
As per Ralph’s reply, and later confirmed by GCMS notes, criminality was passed and security was in progress since August 29th. No further updates after that, until the ghost update yesterday!

Because my wife and I have a law enforcement background, we both are police officers back in Brazil, I firmly believed we were in SS, but it turned out it was cic backlog, I guess. Or, if it were SS, they cleared it in less than 7 months, which would be very unusual.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018

@legalfalcon what happens if someone worked from June 2012 - Oct 2018 and you quit the job after submitting EE profile and it's processing? For example, someone who worked and had a child and decided to stay home? They qualify for the Foreign work experience, correct? Do they have to have a job?

Last edited:

Indian1

Mar 8, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
31 july 2018
Hi guys,
Woke up today with the great news. Finally PPR!!

After a ghost update yesterday, today very early in the morning, the ready for visa email was there sitting in my mailbox.

I had all the reasons to think, and I firmly believed, that I’d fallen under SS. Actually I still don’t know whether we fell or not.

Updated timeline in my signature!

Thank you all for the valuable support!!
Congratulations and all the best.

Reactions: FernandoKvra

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon what happens if someone worked from June 2012 - Oct 2018 and you quit the job after submitting EE profile and it's processing? For example, someone who worked and had a child and decided to stay home? They qualify for the Foreign work experience, correct? Do they have to have a job?
You can leave your job any time. If you have created your profile, then the information in the profile will get you points, not after that. However, you should update your profile that you no longer work with the employer.

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys,
Woke up today with the great news. Finally PPR!!

After a ghost update yesterday, today very early in the morning, the ready for visa email was there sitting in my mailbox.

I had all the reasons to think, and I firmly believed, that I’d fallen under SS. Actually I still don’t know whether we fell or not.

Updated timeline in my signature!

Thank you all for the valuable support!!

Hey buddy! Congrats on the PPR. When did your background check status change?