+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Pris

May 11, 2018
As per Ralph’s reply, and later confirmed by GCMS notes, criminality was passed and security was in progress since August 29th. No further updates after that, until the ghost update yesterday!

Because my wife and I have a law enforcement background, we both are police officers back in Brazil, I firmly believed we were in SS, but it turned out it was cic backlog, I guess. Or, if it were SS, they cleared it in less than 7 months, which would be very unusual.
Congratulations!! It seems like you were under SS indeed. These days it seems like many SS are clearing within 6 to 8 months. Which gives me hope :rolleyes:

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
@cansha @KarRml

U guys.... afterward, what was your conclusion about it? I couldn't track the discussion after that.:p

And if pof is, in fact, included in A11.2, how come someone has rr for pof while having a11.2 appears met?

Cheers!
My input is the same as mentioned above.
but i am sure of one thing though, all RR for POF are not touched for some reason or pushed to the bottom to be pile. It seems POF RR is the most hated job for the officers.

Reactions: Archavin89

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
@cansha @KarRml

U guys.... afterward, what was your conclusion about it? I couldn't track the discussion after that.:p

And if pof is, in fact, included in A11.2, how come someone has rr for pof while having a11.2 appears met?

Cheers!
My input is the same as mentioned above.
but i am sure of one thing though, all RR for POF are not touched for some reason or pushed to the bottom to be pile. It seems POF RR is the most hated job for the officers

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Hey buddy! Congrats on the PPR. When did your background check status change?
Thanks mate.

I first noticed a change on my online profile on August 15th, which happened to be the day they asked for my wife’s fingerprints-based Canada PCC. I submitted this additional document a week later. Later, through GCMS notes I learned that criminality was cleared shortly after on August 27 and security had started Aug 29.

Lots of calls to CIC, with the “everything looks good, just wait” answer and a few CSE with agents giving the runaround.

tania311291

Dec 21, 2018
I too received the similar mail, but the date is March 18th. I will let me know by March 18 about the status. I heard from one of friends that they did not respond on the particular date, he is still waiting.
hey....march 18 is gone.....did you get any update?

bidouk61

Feb 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
28-07-2018
Hi Guys, I just got my GCMS notes and need your help please.
I can't find my security status?

Eligibility, Criminality, Medical: Passed
info sharing: Complete

Security:
S.15(1) in the top right corner:

Due date: 2019/04/30

What's the due date mean? what's my security status?

(AOR 28th July 2018)

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Question guys.
I am a CEC-Inland applicant.
I recently accepted a job offer and I am going to start my new job sometime soon.
It is the exact same position and NOC number. Only my employer has changed.
Knowing that my eligibility and criminality is passed and only security is in progress, Do you think that I need to inform CIC about this change through a webform?
@cansha @tobs @legalfalcon
No.
You don't. Your new job has nothing to do with your PR application. Even if your NOC changes, it still has nothing to do with you application.You can change jobs, move cities, etc. Its ;only a change in your family composition (addition of spouse or child) you need to inform CIC about and a change in your address if you're moving out of Canada, so that you can submit your passport for visa at your new location.

Reactions: Jimmy01

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys,
Woke up today with the great news. Finally PPR!!

After a ghost update yesterday, today very early in the morning, the ready for visa email was there sitting in my mailbox.

I had all the reasons to think, and I firmly believed, that I’d fallen under SS. Actually I still don’t know whether we fell or not.

Updated timeline in my signature!

Thank you all for the valuable support!!
Congrats.
I thought you were sure you were in SS 'cos you ordered CBSA notes?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@cansha @KarRml @tobs

Sorry to rehash old ground but I'd also be curious to know the answer to this above question if you have any insight.
POF isn't directly a part of A11.2 but because it's one of the requirements to be eligible for the PR, it's a deciding factor in whether you can be given the PR or not.
Long story short: A11.2 can be met while you're in RR for POF (or even Work experience). But the RR still needs to be cleared before you can get the PR.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys, I just got my GCMS notes and need your help please.
I can't find my security status?

Eligibility, Criminality, Medical: Passed
info sharing: Complete

Security:
S.15(1) in the top right corner:

Due date: 2019/04/30

What's the due date mean? what's my security status?

(AOR 28th July 2018)
Due date doesn't mean much as it can be pushed back as many times as they want.
If your security is not started it means you just have to wait for the security to be done after which you'll get the PPR. Everything else looks good.

FernandoKvra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Congrats.
I thought you were sure you were in SS 'cos you ordered CBSA notes?
Hey Tobs, thanks!

I actually did not order CBSA notes. I assumed I was in SS because of the time security was being processed, almost 6 months, and most importantly because of my background as policeman.

Reactions: tobs