+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Mine was on Feb 17. But I know 1 applicant pnp outland who's AOR was on Nov 2018 and he received a PPR this Feb 2019 already. Why is that so? Isn't this a first submission, first serve basis?
In a way it is. It depends on the type of case - rr pof, rr work ex, fsw, pnp and which office your file is in. In that group the visa officer will review the older file first.

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
I haven't heard of a delay until. I only know about "due dates" and they necer follow those due dates.
What was the application status on the first page of your first GCMs notes? was it 'On hold' or 'In progress'?
And what's your primary office?
The status was “In progress”.
According to my first notes my primary visa office was Ottawa but on the phone the agent told me it is Sydney, NS.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs I did not send any additional documents as they did not ask for it, should I send the latest bank statements? will it speed up the process. Please suggest.
Yes I think you should. A bank letter and statements that will address whatever issues caused the RR.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Is it better to upload updated pof? My file is a review required case on pof and they didn't consider my FDs (which according to me is by mistake). So I raised a CSE (a month ago) and explained them that FDs are liquid and my total funds are sufficient. But I didn't provide latest funds proof.
I'm guessing my file is still untouched, so should I provide new proof now?
i think what you did was okay.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
The status was “In progress”.
According to my first notes my primary visa office was Ottawa but on the phone the agent told me it is Sydney, NS.
Okay. Everything is good then.
Ignore the date the call agent gave you, it doesn't mean anything.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thank you!

Do you think what he said about the USA strike is true? That it caused a delay on the applications?
don't think it has anything to do with it. Others get PPR everyday.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@tobs I did not send any additional documents as they did not ask for it, should I send the latest bank statements? will it speed up the process. Please suggest.
It probably won't speed up the process but look at it this way.

1. officer picks up your file -> decides ADR is needed -> ADR generated -> You submit the proof -> wait time (unknown) -> officer again picks the file and approves

2. Officer picks up your file -> finds all the documents already -> approves the file.

If it were me choice is pretty clear :)

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
You can get new employment letters for your wife and include on the job(s) she's claiming points for. Just include a few job durties that match the duties of the NOC code and keep it as simple as possible.
The review required on your eligibility is what is likely responsible for the delay you've been experiencing.
I’m not sure we could improve the letter we have already submitted. The agent notes in the GCMS read that the letter the letter is dated and on headed paper. They also note that each individual role description requirements meet the NOC we are claiming points for, and they do a little calculation to show that it all adds up to more than 3 years.
The organisation is a large local government organisation in UK, which employs thousands of people so it should be pretty easy to verify they exist, and all the work was as a front line social worker, with points claimed for the Social Worker NOC.
Aside from my wife’s lunch preferences, I genuinely don’t know what additional info we could add!

cougprey

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
United States
Hi guys,
I've been lurking on the forum for a while (as well as the June AOR and Montreal Visa Office forum). I need your help because I am starting to go crazy. Here is my story:

• I applied for express entry (EE) under the federal skilled workers (FSW) program July 10th 2018.
  • Received my invitation to apply July 11th 2018.
  • I applied for permanent residence July 30th 2018 and received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) the following day.
  • My application was updated August 23rd 2018 (I think it had to do with my medical passing and my background check status changing)
    Is there a way to tell when your background check status changes?
  • Got a request for Biometrics October 19th 2018 and Completed it October 23rd 2018
  • Raised a Case Specifice Enquiry (CSE) on January 25th to update my address (incorrectly)
  • Raised a CSE on January 30th to inquire about the status of my application
  • Received this response:
    Good day,
    Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
    We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
    While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
    Furthermore, all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
    Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
    We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
    We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
  • Ordered Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes on January 30th
  • Emailed Case Processing Center (CPC) Ottawa on January 31st (no response)
  • Raised 2 CSE's to update my address correctly and inquire about my application
    Good day,
    Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
    We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
    You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
    · Your application was received via your account on July 30, 2018.
    · Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Montreal, Canada,
      • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
    • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
      • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
    While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
    Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.
    We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
  • Emailed a Member of Parliament to ask for help and was directed to the immigration minister
    Dear:
    Thank you for your correspondence of February 7, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning the status of your application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.
    I appreciate your wish to have your application completed as soon as possible. Please be assured that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes every effort to deal with the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department would like.
    Please note that the processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today.
    The Department’s operational network is working hard to ensure that all applications are processed within a manageable timeframe given existing resources and capacity, while continuing to maintain program integrity.
    IRCC records confirm that your application for permanent residence is actively being processed at the IRCC immigration office in Montreal, and has received an update on your current employment. Records further indicate that this application is currently in queue to be reviewed by immigration officials.
    Although I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of your application, please be assured that you will be notified of further steps in processing as soon as circumstances permit.
    While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.
  • I have also called the call center a couple of times but the information I receive varies. For example, I called last week Thursday and I was told Eligibility and Security were being checked and criminality had passed. I called today and the agent told me Eligibility and Security had not yet started and criminality had passed.
  • I am still waiting on my GCMS notes to make better sense of the delay. If anyone has any insight I will be grateful.

• Finally, the reason I am in a rush is because I am on an F1 visa in the US and my STEM OPT expired January 31st (So I found myself with a lot of free time and started bugging IRCC a lot; luckily, it matched up with my 6 month wait time) and so I have 60 days from that date to go back home to Nigeria. It would be more cost effective to go to Canada from the US than it would be to go back home.
Sorry for the long post. I look forward to hearing from you all.