+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Good luck. Just ask the usual questions about eligibility, security, criminality etc. I called again today and got a pretty rude woman who basically told me there's no point calling because nothing will change until an officer reviews my file, at which point I would be updated. Conversation got a little heated but of course my application is still at the bottom of the pile regardless.
Calling them won't help or change a thing. They actually don't know when our files will get to the officer and they can't make it move faster.

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
The thing is, if someone at IRCC would tell me this rather than making me order GCMS notes, that would be fine.

I think it would definitely cut down on their customer service costs if I had been sent a note saying ‘we need to review X part of your application and this will take longer than 6 months’. Sure I would have been annoyed, but at least my expectations would have been managed, and they wouldn’t need quite so many customer service agents, and the fees would be lower! Instead I have wasted hours of my time and theirs trying to work out what is happening. It is all just pointless!
It's the typical bureaucratic way. If something had issues, it's our problem not theirs. That's how they think and it's an ego and power trip thing and it's probably the same across the world. I know it sucks and makes our lives a living hell, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

Were you able to send more documents @OptimisticEric?

Reactions: tobs

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
It's the typical bureaucratic way. If something had issues, it's our problem not theirs. That's how they think and it's an ego and power trip thing and it's probably the same across the world. I know it sucks and makes our lives a living hell, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

Were you able to send more documents @OptimisticEric?
Still not got my GCMS notes yet. I could just spam them with hundreds of additional documents, it may delay my application further but it might give me some satisfaction that I am making someone really work for their money!

Reactions: TanuP

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Mine is not started either. They haven't even looked at my case since late august/early September when they put me on RR for proof of funds. Presumably because my balance was so large. The letter had everything they asked for. I was meticulous. I proactively submitted documents on 10th December 2018 to address this. Bank statements, tax return etc. Those haven't been looked at either. Basically 5 months and nothing. I was like the model candidate with relation to age, education and other factors. Sorry I worked hard and saved so much money.
Then there's the people in the contact center. Absolute joke. I'd make just as much headway opening the Canadian phonebook on any page and randomly dialing. They literally have no viable outlet for us to escalate an issue. Write a CSE, get a generic response. Call and get the same.

We paid a serious amount of money to apply. Yes we are applicants but in another way we are customers. Being customers doesn't guarantee us a positive outcome but it should guarantee us a basic standard of processing. We're getting better information off each other for pete's sake. Tobs is pretty much qualified to run the IRCC at this point. Would probably do a better job of it too!

Heck I'd even take bad news at this point because at least that is movement and a bit of certainty.
Hey Cap,
Hang in there. I'm pretty sure it'll come when you least expect it.
I suggest you order new set of notes to see what the current stat of eligibility is.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Still not got my GCMS notes yet. I could just spam them with hundreds of additional documents, it may delay my application further but it might give me some satisfaction that I am making someone really work for their money!
Lol
Please Don't do that. When your notes come, we'll fix whatever caused the RR in the first place.

Reactions: TanuP

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
hey @KarRml
What's happening on your end?

Bassel136

Dec 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

As I had my baby born a few weeks ago, I raised CSE to have her added, I have received an update on my profile asking me to add additional documents (Passport, birth certificate, medical exam and pay fees), however when I get into my profile there is only one field with this message:

"Replacement needed, Kit application forms (required" - does any have any idea what is that? and how can I upload my several documents into this one?

Thanks

aman0312

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

As I had my baby born a few weeks ago, I raised CSE to have her added, I have received an update on my profile asking me to add additional documents (Passport, birth certificate, medical exam and pay fees), however when I get into my profile there is only one field with this message:

"Replacement needed, Kit application forms (required" - does any have any idea what is that? and how can I upload my several documents into this one?

Thanks
Yes thats exactly what you have to do. I uploaded my son's documents couple of weeks ago.
P.S. make sure you re-evaluate the funds and upload the revised amount.

dwarakesh

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-07-2018
AOR Received.
23-07-2018
File Transfer...
23-07-2018
Med's Done....
15-08-2018
They are not providing any information regarding our profile. Closing eight months now and still in IP1. Eligibility RR for POF. Raised CSE to provide updated POF and supporting documents on December 24th 2018.

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
They are not providing any information regarding our profile. Closing eight months now and still in IP1. Eligibility RR for POF. Raised CSE to provide updated POF and supporting documents on December 24th 2018.
Proactively? If so we're in the same boat. Lets stay in touch if either of us experience any movement.

dwarakesh

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-07-2018
AOR Received.
23-07-2018
File Transfer...
23-07-2018
Med's Done....
15-08-2018
Proactively? If so we're in the same boat. Lets stay in touch if either of us experience any movement.
Yes bro! I am getting generic responses from the cpc Ottawa office if I email them.

Bassel136

Dec 24, 2018
Yes thats exactly what you have to do. I uploaded my son's documents couple of weeks ago.
P.S. make sure you re-evaluate the funds and upload the revised amount.
Hey thanks for the reply, I just don’t really get it, do you mean I need to upload all documents as one attachment together? As I can’t find any separate fields.

I have also not been asked to provide bank details, does this mean I dont need to upload updated bank status?

Thanks again

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
hey @KarRml
What's happening on your end?
heyyyy
hmmm nothing still waiting, almost 8 months now and still no updates. All I know is that my file is awaiting the officer review.:oops:

Reactions: tobs