06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Hi All,

Based on my profile, and a call with the agent, neither by criminality or background checks have started as my eligibility is RR. Has anyone come across cases elsewhere in the forum where a similar situation was resolved swiftly or am I in for a long haul?

A lot of other people in RR seem to at least have their background checks started and I am starting to get pessimistic!
I am in the same boat as you.
Eligibility is review required for pof and the other two things haven't been initiated yet. Spoke to IRCC today and they told me to call back in March.

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Meetooo in same boat, same status and time lines. What's the status of your eligibility?
According to IRCC on Feb 8th, "The eligibility requirements assessment is under review. The criminality verifications and security verifications have not been initiated.”

How's yours?

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
I am about to call IRCC again, anyone has any advice on questions I can ask to get some detail info about my application from IRCC?

ritz9999

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
According to IRCC on Feb 8th, "The eligibility requirements assessment is under review. The criminality verifications and security verifications have not been initiated.”

How's yours?
Eligibility is 'recommended passed' but criminality and security checks have not been initiated yet.

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I am about to call IRCC again, anyone has any advice on questions I can ask to get some detail info about my application from IRCC?
Good luck. Just ask the usual questions about eligibility, security, criminality etc. I called again today and got a pretty rude woman who basically told me there's no point calling because nothing will change until an officer reviews my file, at which point I would be updated. Conversation got a little heated but of course my application is still at the bottom of the pile regardless.

Reactions: tobs

ritz9999

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Good luck. Just ask the usual questions about eligibility, security, criminality etc. I called again today and got a pretty rude woman who basically told me there's no point calling because nothing will change until an officer reviews my file, at which point I would be updated. Conversation got a little heated but of course my application is still at the bottom of the pile regardless.
No updates on my profile since last August, raised CSE, made escalations via MP, no change. I suspect if they receive messages (my VO is Edmonton which is newly set up)

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
If only there was an ‘dislike’ button!

What’s the odds you call in March and they say call back in April?
The agents talking to us have no clue about things. They just blurt out words to stop us from pestering them. The agent basically told me to wait until the office feels like contacting me for anything. She said it's moving like it should, to which I wanted to reply with "Yeah right, it sure is! Almost 7 months and still eligibility is under review and the background verifications haven't started yet. So efficient! ''
Maybe IRCC should pay us to review our own files, that would be more efficient than waiting for an officer to give a damn about us.

Reactions: Archavin89

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
Hi All,

Based on my profile, and a call with the agent, neither by criminality or background checks have started as my eligibility is RR. Has anyone come across cases elsewhere in the forum where a similar situation was resolved swiftly or am I in for a long haul?

A lot of other people in RR seem to at least have their background checks started and I am starting to get pessimistic!
Mine is not started either. They haven't even looked at my case since late august/early September when they put me on RR for proof of funds. Presumably because my balance was so large. The letter had everything they asked for. I was meticulous. I proactively submitted documents on 10th December 2018 to address this. Bank statements, tax return etc. Those haven't been looked at either. Basically 5 months and nothing. I was like the model candidate with relation to age, education and other factors. Sorry I worked hard and saved so much money.
Then there's the people in the contact center. Absolute joke. I'd make just as much headway opening the Canadian phonebook on any page and randomly dialing. They literally have no viable outlet for us to escalate an issue. Write a CSE, get a generic response. Call and get the same.

We paid a serious amount of money to apply. Yes we are applicants but in another way we are customers. Being customers doesn't guarantee us a positive outcome but it should guarantee us a basic standard of processing. We're getting better information off each other for pete's sake. Tobs is pretty much qualified to run the IRCC at this point. Would probably do a better job of it too!

Heck I'd even take bad news at this point because at least that is movement and a bit of certainty.

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
No updates on my profile since last August, raised CSE, made escalations via MP, no change. I suspect if they receive messages (my VO is Edmonton which is newly set up)
At lease you are recommended pass. That is the best sign ever.

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Poor you. But I am with you, at the bottom of the pile.

OptimisticEric

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Mine is not started either. They haven't even looked at my case since late august/early September when they put me on RR for proof of funds. Presumably because my balance was so large. The letter had everything they asked for. I was meticulous. I proactively submitted documents on 10th December 2018 to address this. Bank statements, tax return etc. Those haven't been looked at either. Basically 5 months and nothing. I was like the model candidate with relation to age, education and other factors. Sorry I worked hard and saved so much money.
Then there's the people in the contact center. Absolute joke. I'd make just as much headway opening the Canadian phonebook on any page and randomly dialing. They literally have no viable outlet for us to escalate an issue. Write a CSE, get a generic response. Call and get the same.

We paid a serious amount of money to apply. Yes we are applicants but in another way we are customers. Being customers doesn't guarantee us a positive outcome but it should guarantee us a basic standard of processing. We're getting better information off each other for pete's sake. Tobs is pretty much qualified to run the IRCC at this point. Would probably do a better job of it too!

Heck I'd even take bad news at this point because at least that is movement and a bit of certainty.
The thing is, if someone at IRCC would tell me this rather than making me order GCMS notes, that would be fine.

I think it would definitely cut down on their customer service costs if I had been sent a note saying ‘we need to review X part of your application and this will take longer than 6 months’. Sure I would have been annoyed, but at least my expectations would have been managed, and they wouldn’t need quite so many customer service agents, and the fees would be lower! Instead I have wasted hours of my time and theirs trying to work out what is happening. It is all just pointless!

CaptainJG

Star Member
Dec 9, 2018
The thing is, if someone at IRCC would tell me this rather than making me order GCMS notes, that would be fine.

I think it would definitely cut down on their customer service costs if I had been sent a note saying ‘we need to review X part of your application and this will take longer than 6 months’. Sure I would have been annoyed, but at least my expectations would have been managed, and they wouldn’t need quite so many customer service agents, and the fees would be lower! Instead I have wasted hours of my time and theirs trying to work out what is happening. It is all just pointless!
Thats fair. You're right it would still be a bad deal but at least people could plan around it.