+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

D_Gna

Dec 21, 2018
Hi All,

Atlast i got my GCMS notes after 2 attempts.
Looks like my file got transferred to CIO
I had hit my 6th month mark yesterday.
My background, security, criminality haven't started yet.
All my eligibility looks good suggested as recommended passed (review required : client information : (i have previously applied for paper based PR based on BC PNP, since i relocated to Ontario i withdrew my BC PNP, hence my PR got refused, so i have mentioned the same in my previous application record and have attached my BC PNP withdrawl letter in the client information page)).

At this stage would it be better to mail NS, Sydney for updates regarding my application. If yes, can anyone please provide me the email id?

Need ur valuable inputs

Raised CSE before, no use got generic reply.
Contact your local MP. It worked for me and i got a detailed reply in about 4 business days.

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
Did anyone try to call the CIC and got a prompt "cannot use this toll free number from your area?" If yes, how did anyone get the call to the agent? FROM US that is

Pris

May 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just got a response to my CSE, looks detailed but it is actually very generic (my eligibility and criminality are met already while the email suggests it is still in process). They also say they commit to process my application within processing time... well too late already :D

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Federal Skilled Worker Class.

• Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on July 15, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on August 3, 2018.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if you and your family members meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
  • We can confirm that the police certificate has been received by the responsible office on August 23, 2018.
  • The background verifications are currently being reviewed.
  • Your medical examination results on file are valid.

Although processing times may vary, rest assured that we are committed to finalizing your applicationwithin the regular processing time.

harryhs

Dec 3, 2018
Did anyone try to call the CIC and got a prompt "cannot use this toll free number from your area?" If yes, how did anyone get the call to the agent? FROM US that is
Same thing happened with me this morning. I tried 3 times and got the same prompt, on the 4th attempt i was able to connect with agent.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I previously posted about contacting the MP of my local area. This was the response From IRCC.
In some ways, I feel like this is more than I would have gotten if I emailed them myself.

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class :

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (CPC-O), Ontario, on July 16, 2018.

· The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on December 20, 2018.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until January 3, 2020.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications have not been initiated.

· There is currently no specific time frame as to when the application will be completed. Rest assured that the responsible office is making all necessary efforts to process the application in a timely manner.

· If the application is approved:

o your constituent and their family members (if applicable) will need to send their passport(s) to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and

o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your constituent and their family members (if applicable) will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

· If the application is refused:

o the officer will send your constituent a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

We hope this information is helpful.
It's not a bad response. It shows you that as soon a s your security checks starts and is completed you'll get your PPR.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi All,

Atlast i got my GCMS notes after 2 attempts.
Looks like my file got transferred to CIO
I had hit my 6th month mark yesterday.
My background, security, criminality haven't started yet.
All my eligibility looks good suggested as recommended passed (review required : client information : (i have previously applied for paper based PR based on BC PNP, since i relocated to Ontario i withdrew my BC PNP, hence my PR got refused, so i have mentioned the same in my previous application record and have attached my BC PNP withdrawl letter in the client information page)).

At this stage would it be better to mail NS, Sydney for updates regarding my application. If yes, can anyone please provide me the email id?

Need ur valuable inputs

Raised CSE before, no use got generic reply.
Sydney would probably not respond to yiur inquiry or at best respond and ask you to raise a CSE. Why isn't your criminality started?. What did your case analyst notes say?

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hi All,
Spoke to an agent today and she told me that my Application for PR was approved on Jan 10th, 2019 and said they will contact me soon for the Passport or interview.

Anurag003

Oct 21, 2018
Same thing happened with me this morning. I tried 3 times and got the same prompt, on the 4th attempt i was able to connect with agent.
Everytime i called today, at least 6 times, calling the "613 944 4400" number, dialed 1 for English and 1 again for Immigration concerns, it kept on transferring me to the same representative and she kept on saying you are calling the wrong department and when she would try to put me back in the IVR, it would again say "Soree, can't use this toll free number from your area". Can you please tell me how were you able to connect? Steps? I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance bud!

Franlloyd

Jan 5, 2019
I previously posted about contacting the MP of my local area. This was the response From IRCC.
In some ways, I feel like this is more than I would have gotten if I emailed them myself.

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class :

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (CPC-O), Ontario, on July 16, 2018.

· The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on December 20, 2018.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until January 3, 2020.

· The criminality verifications are currently valid.

· The security verifications have not been initiated.

· There is currently no specific time frame as to when the application will be completed. Rest assured that the responsible office is making all necessary efforts to process the application in a timely manner.

· If the application is approved:

o your constituent and their family members (if applicable) will need to send their passport(s) to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and

o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your constituent and their family members (if applicable) will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

· If the application is refused:

o the officer will send your constituent a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

We hope this information is helpful.
Hi all according to what I heard the medical examination is valid for one year. How your medical examination will expire in 2020while your application is for 2018?

nik088

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Everytime i called today, at least 6 times, calling the "613 944 4400" number, dialed 1 for English and 1 again for Immigration concerns, it kept on transferring me to the same representative and she kept on saying you are calling the wrong department and when she would try to put me back in the IVR, it would again say "Soree, can't use this toll free number from your area". Can you please tell me how were you able to connect? Steps? I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance bud!
Are you calling from within Canada?

D_Gna

Dec 21, 2018
Hi all according to what I heard the medical examination is valid for one year. How your medical examination will expire in 2020while your application is for 2018?
This is my second application. My first was in November 2017. I resubmitted my application with the same medicals. It expired September 2018. Did a new one December and was sent in December 27 2018. That’s why.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Just got the answer from the email I sent to Ralph. As expected, just a generic 'contact IRCC for more information':

Thank you very much for contacting the office of the Honourable Ralph Goodale. Due to a tremendous increase in the volume of correspondence, we are unable to respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion.

If you are a constituent of Minister Goodale in the riding of Regina-Wascana, your correspondence will be reviewed as quickly as possible.

If your inquiry is related to a Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness matter, your email will be forwarded to Minister Goodale’s Departmental office. For future information, they can be reached directly at hon.ralph.goodale@canada.ca.

If your inquiry is related to the status of your immigration application, you can check the status here, or you may wish to contact your own Member of Parliament (MP). To find out who your representative is, please click here. In the field under “Members of Parliament”, type in your postal code, a picture of your MP appear; click on their name to obtain their contact points.

Again, thank you for your contact.

With kindest regards,

Office of the Hon. Ralph Goodale, MP (Regina-Wascana)
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

harryhs

Dec 3, 2018

Thanks in advance bud!
I'm calling from within Canada. The toll-free number I'm using is 1888-242-2100 then 3410 when they ask for which department you want to speak.
I've no idea how to call if you're calling from outside Canada.

Reactions: tobs

Franlloyd

Jan 5, 2019
Hi @tobs , i called the IRCC this morning and they mentioned that they are still processing my file and reviewing eligibility, ss, and background verification. mentioned to me that it may take more than 2 months :( is this something i have to worry or this is normal?
Which number are you using? I have tried from outside Canada without success.