+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

ChennaiUser

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hello Folks,

I will be landing at Toronto in second week of March. I am from South of India and speak English, Tamil, Hindi & Kannada. I am trying to find a Room/Shared Accommodation in GTA, in which I would be staying for a year, as I am planning to bring my family only after a year. I am looking for a safe, well connected and close to city centre neighbourhood. Would like to hear from folks who have any information about Room/Shared Accommodation.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Reactions: TanuP

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
I know some people are told when they call cic that they were approved months ago, could the same be for getting refused? They take a while to actually send out the refusal? Or is it instant, as soon as they decide on the refusal?

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
am getting a weird placeholder when I go and check my “view submitted application” tab in my PR application .

It shows an additional placeholder with a random name who i don’t even know . I am pretty sure it wasn’t there few weeks ago

Is it a technical glitch ? I am kinda worried .

Has anybody seen this before ?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi folks,

I just got Additional Documents request for my wife and I. I do have 7 days to upload them.

1) "Military records: The enclosed Details of Military Service form" -- just for me

2) "CV/Resume: The enclosed Supplementary Information Request form and a copy of your resume (CV), a document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience" -- for both of us

The request letter includes enclosed forms. I would much appreciate it if someone could help me find the answers of the following questions:
1) Should I print the forms and fill them out or I should find the relevant forms from CIC website and fill them out instead?

2) I haven't had military service in my country, Iran. It is compulsory in Iran, but I have got exception due to some physical health problems. So, I would leave the form empty and attach my exception card. I just don't know if this OK?

3) "Supplementary Information Request form": Should I just include the information of my PhD or I have to include the info of MSc as well? BTW, the filed 5 (publication list) doesn't have enough space: I have more than 10 publications. Can I just refer them to my CV?

4) I am not sure where to send this supplementary form, as in my CIC online account there is only one field to upload my CV. I guess I should attached it to my CV?

I'm pretty sure that they gonna send me to SS :( I have a PhD from Canada in computer science. I don't think it is that sensitive for security!
My suggestion:
1. Either option is good.
2. fill not applicable in the form and attach your exemption card
3. fill it
4. yes

Reactions: aasaf

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello Folks,

I will be landing at Toronto in second week of March. I am from South of India and speak English, Tamil, Hindi & Kannada. I am trying to find a Room/Shared Accommodation in GTA, in which I would be staying for a year, as I am planning to bring my family only after a year. I am looking for a safe, well connected and close to city centre neighbourhood. Would like to hear from folks who have any information about Room/Shared Accommodation.

Thanks,
Srinivas
your family has to land before the expiry date of your visas if you added them as dependents in your application.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I know some people are told when they call cic that they were approved months ago, could the same be for getting refused? They take a while to actually send out the refusal? Or is it instant, as soon as they decide on the refusal?
You can't be refused and not know.

Reactions: SahanK

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
am getting a weird placeholder when I go and check my “view submitted application” tab in my PR application .

It shows an additional placeholder with a random name who i don’t even know . I am pretty sure it wasn’t there few weeks ago

Is it a technical glitch ? I am kinda worried .

Has anybody seen this before ?
most likely a glitch.

Reactions: SahanK

Rajan Pruthi

Feb 19, 2018
Received rply Ottawa mail

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
Received rply Ottawa mail

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,
Hi Rajan,

Did you call them as well?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
So weird how they deducted those points off me but nothing has happened. Or was that more of a suggestion?

If I call them will they know anymore or will they only be able to see the gcms notes?
call or raise a CSE next week to confirm that your additional documents have been received

ChennaiUser

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
your family has to land before the expiry date of your visas if you added them as dependents in your application.
I applied as non-accompanying main applicant. I will have to apply for them under family sponsorship a little while later.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I applied as non-accompanying main applicant. I will have to apply for them under family sponsorship a little while later.
okay. go ahead then.