Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
URGENT URGENT URGENT !!!! Help please

Hello guys, I received yesterday this message from CIC then I talked to an agent by phone he told me : eligibility passed criminality passed and security ongoing.

My question is what does this message implies? Is this Security Screening?

Thanks in advance.

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required."

Time line:

Aor 25/07/2018. ip1 16/08/2018 , RPRF 25/09/2018 , ip2 09/11/2018 , ADR (passeport renewal request , mine expires in march 2019) 17/11/2018 , new passeport sumbmitted 03/12/2018.
Thats ss.. i also have similar status. .to be in ss eligibility needs to be passed. . As confirmed by agent on fon mine is passed.. AOR 3/08, IP2 21/11, criminality also passed but security is going on.

Lindsay.cc85

Apr 21, 2018
That's great but I am assuming it would just be an eye wash. it will show you the timeline upto 6 months. It will tell you that you are going to receive PPR email the last day when you complete 6 months because the processing time is 6 months. So I am not keeping my hopes high.
You're probably right about this, I'm not expecting anything eye opening on the 12th. It will just show something we already know.

Reactions: abhi1701

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hello Folks,

sorry for the long post but I hope one of you might be able to help me with this. I got an additional document request today to fill up imm 5406. I think the reason might be because the the address in my proof of funds bank letter and my home address i provided slightly varies. For example, in my bank statement my address is , 1st street, apt 123, xxx - 12345 , in the address i provided it is 1st street, apt 123, yyy - 12345. Ie the city name is different. The reason is, I live in a newly constructed community that was incorporated recently and so the address in the banking systems and the official address slightly varies. I tried to update this info to the letter of explanation but I did not find a way to update it since my application is already submitted. Would it make sense to add this a letter of explanation and attach it to the imm 5406 form or is there any other way of notifying CIC about this? Thanks again for your help!
Buddy I dont think thats the reason for them requesting IMM 5406. In my Bank letter and my current address the countries are different. I never got IMM 5406.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thats ss.. i also have similar status. .to be in ss eligibility needs to be passed. . As confirmed by agent on fon mine is passed.. AOR 3/08, IP2 21/11, criminality also passed but security is going on.
So you are in SS? How long did they take to reply to your query? I have also raised a CSE asking status. Also do you know why you are in SS?

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Buddy I dont think thats the reason for them requesting IMM 5406. In my Bank letter and my current address the countries are different. I never got IMM 5406.
thanks for the reply. Do you happen you know why they might have asked it? I came to the assumption was because the address is exactly the same including zip code but the city alone is different.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello Folks,

sorry for the long post but I hope one of you might be able to help me with this. I got an additional document request today to fill up imm 5406. I think the reason might be because the the address in my proof of funds bank letter and my home address i provided slightly varies. For example, in my bank statement my address is , 1st street, apt 123, xxx - 12345 , in the address i provided it is 1st street, apt 123, yyy - 12345. Ie the city name is different. The reason is, I live in a newly constructed community that was incorporated recently and so the address in the banking systems and the official address slightly varies. I tried to update this info to the letter of explanation but I did not find a way to update it since my application is already submitted. Would it make sense to add this a letter of explanation and attach it to the imm 5406 form or is there any other way of notifying CIC about this? Thanks again for your help!
Just fill the form correctly and don't overthink it. People get asked to fill that form regularly despite consistent addresses etc. I'm not sure you need a LOE either.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
So you are in SS? How long did they take to reply to your query? I have also raised a CSE asking status. Also do you know why you are in SS?
M yet to receive my gcms.. its from call only m guessing.. eligibility is passed and security is going on.. got ip2 on 21 nov.. all others who moved to ip2 with me got ppr yesterday..
And m working in a government department.. state government

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
M yet to receive my gcms.. its from call only m guessing.. eligibility is passed and security is going on.. got ip2 on 21 nov.. all others who moved to ip2 with me got ppr yesterday..
And m working in a government department.. state government
Your IP2 wasn't that long ago. So yours may just be the normal security check. Like Legal falcon said that CSE response doesn't mean it's SS. It could just be a longer regular security check.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Your IP2 wasn't that long ago. So yours may just be the normal security check. Like Legal falcon said that CSE response doesn't mean it's SS. It could just be a longer regular security check.
Eligibility passed status is wats concerning.. called twice. Both times got to knw that its completed and passed. . That means it was reviewed by visa officer.. shouldn't have taken this long. My AOR is 3rd aug.. ip2 21 nov..
Others with similar timeline had eligibility status either met or rec pass then they got ppr aftr VO reviewd dre application..
This is the reason i think its in SS

Reactions: tobs

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Eligibility passed status is wats concerning.. called twice. Both times got to knw that its completed and passed. . That means it was reviewed by visa officer.. shouldn't have taken this long. My AOR is 3rd aug.. ip2 21 nov..
Others with similar timeline had eligibility status either met or rec pass then they got ppr aftr VO reviewd dre application..
You could be in SS - Do you have past military background or law enforcement background with government?

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
@sissi25

Not necessarily. If you have passed 2 months from the day your eligibility was passed by an officer, then you may be in SS.

But, this message in and by itself does not mean that you are in SS.

Some security checks / BGC take a little longer but are not SS or enhanced security screening.
Thanks for your quick response - So how many levels of Security screening are there - Also could you pls help on average time it takes for clearing each of those levels.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
@cansha hi. . Wat do u think abt this..