NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi,

Has anyone come across a case where being in a field like marketing or market research could be a reason for delay?
No. your job description gas no impact on your application ..
unless maybe if you manufacture bombs, then you could be a candidate for security screening. but even that SS, isn't guaranteed and the application processing could still take just a short time.

Tanny2591

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-07-2018
No. your job description gas no impact on your application ..
unless maybe if you manufacture bombs, then you could be a candidate for security screening. but even that SS, isn't guaranteed and the application processing could still take just a short time.
Hi thanks for the explanation... That puts my mind at peace. Could it be my 2 country travel and my current country verification which extends the security check?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all,

I've been following this forum for a while but only created an account today.

Submitted my application for PR via the CEC express entry on July 31st and got my AOR Aug 1st.

I'll spare you the details of my back and forth with IRCC.

In my GCMS notes, I noticed they mentioned Botswana showed up in my addresses after the age of 18 but no police clearance certificate was provided. My background check has also been ongoing for a LONG time.

I lived in Botswana before I moved here for school (in 2012 at the age of 16), and I travelled back during the holidays in 2013 (for 4 months), 2014 (aged 18 and for 2 months), and 2015 (for 6 weeks). I listed these in my travel history in the original application but i did not list them under addresses - because technically I was only a visitor there and not a resident. I'm not sure if this may have caused some confusion in the address/personal history section. I also did a substantial amount of travelling to the US in the years 2012-2018.

However I believe, I am finally getting my breakthrough. I was recently asked to provide a Schedule A form within 7 days and I have a few questions. I haven't filled one before.

 <MY UCI #>: <FULL NAME>
 Schedule A: Please provide a separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature with updated education, personal, address and travel history with no gaps in addresses or activities. If a section does not apply to you, please enter "none" as per the instructions provided on the form.

1. Instead of clicking the link in the request letter, can I use the eIMM5669E (electronic version), sign it by hand then scan it back into the CIC portal? The electronic version allows for addition of rows and is less complicated to fill.

2. Under the personal history, it states to include all activity types (work, school, unemployment, travelling, etc). From Feb 2018 to May 2018, I was unemployed. In that time I travelled to US for a week in March. Would I need to list these as two separate lines?

I guess the main question is, if I travelled within the periods of other activities, will all these be listed as separate lines even though the dates coincide with employment/school/unemployment?

PS: I had originally answered all statutory questions as no. I just remembered that my parents applied for Canadian PR in 2010 or so (I was a dependent) and got refused because of a mistake made in our application. They didn't bother applying after that as the process was quite exhausting back then. I am guessing my answer should be yes to this question. Will changing my answer raise flags?

I would love to see @tobs input on this one as well.

Thanks in advance everyone!
1. Yes
2. Yes. every separate activity or travels should be mentioned. even vacations .
Yes, you need to mention it now. it will raise flags but you won't be seen as misrepresenting and you'll eventually get your approval if everything is fine.. explain that you were a dependent so you didn't prepare the application and it wasn't your decision back then so you didn't know much about it and that's why your answer was No until your parents recently informed you about their application (don't say this if it isn't true tho just tell the truth.)

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
We are totally going to miss each other lol. I'm going back to Nigeria on Sunday
when are you travelling back to Canada?
do you live there? and in which city?
maybe we can see in Lagos on Monday before I leave. Care to come to Lekki?:p

Reactions: cougprey

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thank you @tobs. I have raise web form with statements of both our banks and letter from our individual and joint accounts. Also gave an affidavit of gift deed to my wife from her mother. Hope that would suffice. Can i expect these documents to be added to my profile? How would we know?
Yes, t'll be added. you'll receive an email from them that your documents have been received on a week.
If you don't receive that email, raise a CSE to inquire about the receipts of your documents.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi thanks for the explanation... That puts my mind at peace. Could it be my 2 country travel and my current country verification which extends the security check?
probably not. most likely you're just one of the recipients of the much slower processing time.

Temade

Dec 21, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
AOR Received.
16-07-2018
when are you travelling back to Canada?
do you live there? and in which city?
maybe we can see in Lagos on Monday before I leave. Care to come to Lekki?:p

ohh you are close to me.

Have a safe trip.

We are still yet to hear from AVO, 5 weeks post ADR :(

Reactions: Leesharh and tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
ohh you are close to me.

Have a safe trip.

We are still yet to hear from AVO, 5 weeks post ADR :(
Any sign of AVO movement for earlier AORs?

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Few questions about the BOWP if anyone can answer them:
1) My application has now been updated to say the BOWP has been approved. There's no document or anything, it just says
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) | Your document is valid. | 2020/10/11 2019/03/27
- Work Permit | Your document is valid. | 2020/03/27 2019/03/27
How does this work if I'm travelling? My working visa says expired since Jan 30, 2019 so if I leave and come back what's to say they wont deny my entrance since my visa document isn't up to date?
2) I'm assuming, based on the above, that I don't need to purchase another ETA? The one I had with my original working holiday visa is just extended now?
3) Has anybody had any issues travelling in and out of the country on a BOWP?

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
I am actually in the process of ordering the notes. But cse queries raised so far have not indicated any issue
I had no indicated issues from CSE until 7 months in they decided there was an issue. It’s totally random depending on who responds to the CSE whether the information is truthful/helpful or not.

Once you get notes, if you see a problem send documents to correct it. I wouldn’t wait for cic to message you about it as they are totally incompetent and you’ll be stuck waiting for no reason.

Reactions: tobs