+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

My apologies to anyone who had tagged me and I haven't replied. I was traveling for work and didn't get a chance to log-in to the forum. I just read through the thread and it seems like @tobs has answered all the questions. Happy to answer anything which may have been missed. Thanks!

Reactions: tobs

gessica90

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi All,

My apologies to anyone who had tagged me and I haven't replied. I was traveling for work and didn't get a chance to log-in to the forum. I just read through the thread and it seems like @tobs has answered all the questions. Happy to answer anything which may have been missed. Thanks!
Hey,
Could you please help me o this:

My AOR was on July 19, 2018 (CEC Inland) and I`m under RR because the agent was not able to open the website for the company I worked for in Canada.
I contacted the MP and in the middle of February he submitted to CIC the website`s link and he asked to wait until the end of the month and he also asked me to let him know if I get any reply from CIC before this date, but I can`t see any progress on my account.
Do you think is there a high chance to get this done by the end of the month or his choose this date randomly? Also, have you seen before someone get rejected because CIC wasn`t able to open the website?

Thank you so much!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok, let1s wait then!
Today I spoke with an agent. She said if I don`t receive a reply by the summer I should call again! : /
That`s so sad!
That's a standard reply from them. Can't blame them because they are also just guessing just like us. They really don't have any additional insights.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Rolling on to nine months now, raised a final CSE on the (highly unlikely) off chance that I can get some information on what’s happening. Going to withdraw my application if the medicals expire in a few months so I’m happy the end is in sight whatever happens!:p

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Rolling on to nine months now, raised a final CSE on the (highly unlikely) off chance that I can get some information on what’s happening. Going to withdraw my application if the medicals expire in a few months so I’m happy the end is in sight whatever happens!:p
If medicals expire it can be extended. don't withdraw your application because of that.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
If medicals expire it can be extended. don't withdraw your application because of that.
I’m aware but I’ve put my life on hold waiting for a decision that they said would be six months, if they can’t sort it in twelve then i have no interest in wasting more time.

Looking likely I’m getting a promotion at my job and now in a position to buy my first property so I’m not really bothered whether I go or stay now

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I’m aware but I’ve put my life on hold waiting for a decision that they said would be six months, if they can’t sort it in twelve then i have no interest in wasting more time.

Looking likely I’m getting a promotion at my job and now in a position to buy my first property so I’m not really bothered whether I go or stay now
Sorry to bump in...

But still there’s nothing to lose (and maybe everything to gain) from just ignoring the entire application and moving on with your life. If it comes, it comes and then you have another life option.

There’s no need to withdraw the application.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Sorry to bump in...

But still there’s nothing to lose (and maybe everything to gain) from just ignoring the entire application and moving on with your life. If it comes, it comes and then you have another life option.

There’s no need to withdraw the application.
While on paper this is a good idea it’s not practical for myself. A pending Canadian application is preventing me from making any serious commitments in the U.K. it’s affecting my work, social and love life among others.

The poor communication from IIRC hasn’t helped me consider keeping the application beyond the 12 month point. If I had a date to look forward to or some feedback on the application to work around I’d maybe feel differently, it’s unrealistic to expect super specific answers but to get copy paste emails back when I’ve spent a lot of time and money applying is pretty insulting.

I have massive respect to those with the patience to wait this out long term and I hope anybody waiting gets the good news soon :D but I’m reaching my limit and I’m glad to have an end point in sight:)

Feb 14, 2016
Hi

I have received mail from CIC as below, @tobs Can you please suggest if any template is there to respond back to CIC or if any one has sample response for reference.

Otherwise here is my current background.. my AOR is 19th Jul, Currently on closed work permit and was working in Montreal till Aug 2018 and after that i was on Maternity leave and left to India in December 2018 for vacation and vacated house and every thing in Montreal. where as my Spouse is working in Ontario and has Proofs for Ontario like OHIP, Driving License and Bank accounts, Where as i was having Quebec Proofs like Quebec health card etc. But i have recently requested to cancel Quebec health card and did vacate the house in Quebec. Also recently received letter to my Spouse Ontario address from revenue Quebec about cancellation of child benefit as i have moved out of Quebec province.

Here is the letter that Have received from CIC.

Can any one suggest how we can strongly defend the situation.

"
Dear XXXX,

I have almost completed the assessment of your application for permanent residence in the Canadian Experience Class category.

The Canadian Experience Class is a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their experience in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec.

Temporary Foreign Workers and foreign graduates who want to stay in Quebec do not qualify under the Canadian Experience Class. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.

Next steps

Please respond to this email with written evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec in order for me to make a final decision on your application. Your application number must be included in the subject line of your response.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to upload the requested information on your MyCIC account. If you choose not to respond with this information, it may result in the refusal of your application."

SonaCanada

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
hey....I got a similar response the first time....I contacted them on feb 25 and they similarly told me to wait for a response for March 27...Is it their standard reply just to wait?

By the way, If I'm not wrong they told yu to wait till March 18....
Did yu order gems notes? which stage are yu in?

U r right. They gave first deadline on March 18, 2019 but I did not hear anything from them. I contacted through web form on 18 March they gave me second deadline nothing happened this time too. Now planning to raise CSE tomorrow. I believe in these deadlines as it keeps me motivated. Please check my signature to know my application status.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thank you @tobs.

my company head quarters are in toronto, and my initial landing in 2016 was in toronto.

my current work permit specifies that i can work in any province across canada for my company. so along with this i wrote a letter explaining the troubles with French language barrier.
@Jaganmohan Kodali see this. reach out to @ryalla
@ryalla kindly help.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi

I have received mail from CIC as below, @tobs Can you please suggest if any template is there to respond back to CIC or if any one has sample response for reference.

Otherwise here is my current background.. my AOR is 19th Jul, Currently on closed work permit and was working in Montreal till Aug 2018 and after that i was on Maternity leave and left to India in December 2018 for vacation and vacated house and every thing in Montreal. where as my Spouse is working in Ontario and has Proofs for Ontario like OHIP, Driving License and Bank accounts, Where as i was having Quebec Proofs like Quebec health card etc. But i have recently requested to cancel Quebec health card and did vacate the house in Quebec. Also recently received letter to my Spouse Ontario address from revenue Quebec about cancellation of child benefit as i have moved out of Quebec province.

Here is the letter that Have received from CIC.

Can any one suggest how we can strongly defend the situation.

"
Dear XXXX,

I have almost completed the assessment of your application for permanent residence in the Canadian Experience Class category.

The Canadian Experience Class is a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their experience in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec.

Temporary Foreign Workers and foreign graduates who want to stay in Quebec do not qualify under the Canadian Experience Class. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.

Next steps

Please respond to this email with written evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec in order for me to make a final decision on your application. Your application number must be included in the subject line of your response.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to upload the requested information on your MyCIC account. If you choose not to respond with this information, it may result in the refusal of your application."
you can include proof of leaving Montreal. like how you've vacated the house, quit the job in August(with evidence). How you intend to live with your spouse in Ontario and get a job there as soon as your baby is xxx month/years old.
Essentially, prepare a detailed response and include information that shows you have strong ties to another province and none in Quebec.
Good luck..

Reactions: Jaganmohan Kodali

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
While on paper this is a good idea it’s not practical for myself. A pending Canadian application is preventing me from making any serious commitments in the U.K. it’s affecting my work, social and love life among others.

The poor communication from IIRC hasn’t helped me consider keeping the application beyond the 12 month point. If I had a date to look forward to or some feedback on the application to work around I’d maybe feel differently, it’s unrealistic to expect super specific answers but to get copy paste emails back when I’ve spent a lot of time and money applying is pretty insulting.

I have massive respect to those with the patience to wait this out long term and I hope anybody waiting gets the good news soon :D but I’m reaching my limit and I’m glad to have an end point in sight:)
Me and you are in totally the same boat, I have basically moved on now and while I still miss Canada alot it's time to let it go. It's not healthy to not know and to of not known for this long, I'm not paying the ridiculously high fee for a medical again unless I know I'll eventually be approved. It would also be nice to get some of the money back.