+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
it is weird the way they are handling the applications because clearly, some people from July 20 got their AOR today, but they are insisting that they are still working on July 11. I called them yesterday and today and they told me that I have an application number assigned to my application which means if it was returned I wouldn't have one, but still they haven't processed my application yet to send me an AOR, which is crazy because they assign application number once they decide the application is complete and how come I haven't received an AOR yet is a mystery. well, I hope we all get it soon.
Firstly, applications aren't processed in a strict order. Some people who apply after you will get the AOR first - it depends on the efficiency and the workload of the immigration officer reviewing.

Secondly, the call center does not have accurate or up to date information. They are extremely inconsistent, and I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

Thirdly, AOR is not simply assigning a file number, it's reviewing the application package at a high level to make sure everything is there that will need to processed and nothing is missing, so it can take some time.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Taba0413

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Firstly, applications aren't processed in a strict order. Some people who apply after you will get the AOR first - it depends on the efficiency and the workload of the immigration officer reviewing.

Secondly, the call center does not have accurate or up to date information. They are extremely inconsistent, and I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

Thirdly, AOR is not simply assigning a file number, it's reviewing the application package at a high level to make sure everything is there that will need to processed and nothing is missing, so it can take some time.

Hope that helps.
I agree with you, but what it makes it confusing for me is that (and the agent confirmed that as well) they would probably review the applications first and then assign application numbers if they are complete and without any errors and then they will send AOR. otherwise, they will return it without assigning any numbers to it. Now in my case, it seems like they went through it and assign a number and still, they are working on it. All I hope is that what they are saying and doing is all good.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I agree with you, but what it makes it confusing for me is that (and the agent confirmed that as well) they would probably review the applications first and then assign application numbers if they are complete and without any errors and then they will send AOR. otherwise, they will return it without assigning any numbers to it. Now in my case, it seems like they went through it and assign a number and still, they are working on it. All I hope is that what they are saying and doing is all good.
I honestly would not even let it cross your mind. People get so much inconsistent and to be blunt, downright wrong information. The agents are constantly all over the place and can't get information straight. You'll hear soon and all will be well :)

sangam44

May 24, 2017
Hello, I have never heard this before that sponsor has to link his account as well. I have linked only PA's account. Does anyone else linked two account one for sponsor and one for PA?
You should link your application to one account only that is PA.

Hitzo

Mar 2, 2016
You should link your application to one account only that is PA.
Hi There,
since I am the sponsor, I had an account with cic from before, I linked application to that same account.. so you saying that I would have to link it with a new account under PA name?? I don't understand that.

kencarlojoyce

Aug 25, 2017
My wife just called, they were able to locate the file :) just using my date of birth, country, UCI number and some other info. The person on the phone said the data entry has been done (this means that they went through the checklist and saw that all the documents were there but haven't made sure everything is correct). We'll keep calling to make sure it's not going to be returned and if it is, we have time to send them whatever they need before returning the package. Hopefully we'll get AOR soon! :) Our file was received on July 26th
What phone number did you call?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi There,
since I am the sponsor, I had an account with cic from before, I linked application to that same account.. so you saying that I would have to link it with a new account under PA name?? I don't understand that.
Nope. Im th soonsor and linked to my account. There is no roght or wrong as to whos account you link it too. Either way you just need to get the information. Pa or sponsor is perfectly fine

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My wife just called, they were able to locate the file :) just using my date of birth, country, UCI number and some other info. The person on the phone said the data entry has been done (this means that they went through the checklist and saw that all the documents were there but haven't made sure everything is correct). We'll keep calling to make sure it's not going to be returned and if it is, we have time to send them whatever they need before returning the package. Hopefully we'll get AOR soon! :) Our file was received on July 26th
do you know if they assigned application number to your file as well?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
do you know if they assigned application number to your file as well?
Sorry, I don't know that, we didn't ask

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My application has been sent back because of some missing information. I am planning to sent it tomorrow. Will it take another month to open my application?
Did they assign an application number and uci number to your application before they returned it to you?

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello, I haven't received a request for PCC and schedule A yet. Although, I have linked my application last week and I have also received the eligibility email. Wondering how long does it take to received the request to submit these two things?
hello, have you gotten Medical request?