+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

senda

Jul 18, 2018
Hey everyone this is my timeline so far:
- My application has been received in Mississauge on July 19th 2017(Quebec Applicant)
- Sponsor Eligibility October 2017
- In November I received Medical and Police Certificat request
- Started Processing application in Paris December 8th 2017
- February 5th, received request to send more Police certificates from other countries I lived in and, Annexe A, and CSQ (90 days deadline)
- First update since, was August 7th for Pre-arrival services.
- Background check 24th of August 2018

Any idea how much more time it should take for the DM?

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
Hey everyone this is my timeline so far:
- My application has been received in Mississauge on July 19th 2017(Quebec Applicant)
- Sponsor Eligibility October 2017
- In November I received Medical and Police Certificat request
- Started Processing application in Paris December 8th 2017
- February 5th, received request to send more Police certificates from other countries I lived in and, Annexe A, and CSQ (90 days deadline)
- First update since, was August 7th for Pre-arrival services.
- Background check 24th of August 2018

Any idea how much more time it should take for the DM?
Seems like there are a few of us still waiting for DM.
The background check takes anywhere from a few days to a few months from what I've noticed. Few months on very exceptional cases. It should be coming around soon hopefully.

senda

Jul 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

ecas shows DM but when I click on it I don't see what the decision is, this is what appears:
"
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on December 8, 2017.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on October 27, 2017. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
On my cic account there is absolutely no information about the DM.

Any ideas?

Joel 79

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
:( I'm sorry. Mexico currently processes applications from more than 10 countries, I think it was something close to 17. Their workload is huge. The statement "we started processing your application on..." just means that they received the application and put it away until someone starts working on it. They do a very quick check to start their communication logs in their system, and then it just sits there until an officer reviews it.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hi did u get your ppl yet I'm in pos.office too
You will receive a PPR either in your GCKey or a email directly from your VO. The request goes to the principle applicant.
The PPR will include instructions for sending your passport/photocopies inside or outside of Canada (depending on your circumstances and if you are from a visa exempt country.)

I was moving to Canada a few days after PPR so had it arranged for it to be sent to my parents address and they couriered it to me in Canada faster than what IRCC would send it to me.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can change the address to send it within Canada. Other members may know if this is correct or not.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hi what is pre-arrival letter
Pre arrival letter is sent to the applicant once the sponsor has been approved and eligibility is passed. This takes place around the time your file is transferred to your local Visa Office.

Pre arrival are free services provided to new/landed immigrants. There are a lot of services provided to new immigrants which is really nice gesture from the Canadian government.

Typically after pre arrival your background check and security check start as these steps are completed by the Visa Office

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
You can contact your officer
If your sponsor or his/her family members are in Canada they can approach their local MP who can't make contact with IRCC and look into your case.
They cant expedite your case but can find out what is really causing the delay.

If your sponsor is not in Canada or family don't wish to contact their local MP then you can make a case specific inquiry through the CIC website.