Invite to Oath On Jan 25th for February 15 2017 Scarborough ON

Thank you all for the support!

Good Luck to everyone else!

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitk2016 said:
Hi everyone, I after following the forum since July i have come around to create an account as I need advise from my fellow applicants.

Here is my timeline.

Listed as sk2016 in the July spreadsheet.
Office: Hamilton
Application Delivered Jul 27, 2016
AOR: Aug 11, 2016 (on eCAS)
In Process: Aug 30, 2016 (on eCAS)
Test: Oct 24, 2016 (not on eCAS) - Passed 19/20

My application has been in process ever since with no updates online, even for the test.

At my interview I was informed that I should recieve my oath invite for the end of Nov or early Dec 2016. i have not received anything from CIC since then. No decision made either. No document request either.

I have been calling the 1-888 number about once every 2 weeks and get all different response.

Today, Jan 25th 2017, I was finally told that there is still 2 background checks yet to be completed that holding up the next steps.

My PR cards expires in the next few months, would I need to renew this while I have an active Citizenship application.

Any advise would be appreciated on my application and PR status.

Report to moderator Logged
did you receive any RQ or Fingerprints?

sumitk2016

Jan 25, 2017
I haven't got a RQ or Fingerprints. When I call CIC on the 1-888 number, they informed me that my documents and application are complete. just the security/background checks are remaining.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
sumitk2016 said:
I haven't got a RQ or Fingerprints. When I call CIC on the 1-888 number, they informed me that my documents and application are complete. just the security/background checks are remaining.
Due to Security check I am also waiting for Oath my test was 9th Sep.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
how do you guys know that a security check is pending?

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
Same here , waiting for oath invite. Test and interview were done on Oct. 4th . The call center said that security verification is pending and the normal processing time is 12 months so it is still ok and only after this time they will consider there is a delay, the answer which I believe is common to all !!!!!!

I think there is a backlog has been developed and they just don't have any better answer than this one to give to the people asking about their delayed applications.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
Same here , waiting for oath invite. Test and interview were done on Oct. 4th . The call center said that security verification is pending and the normal processing time is 12 months so it is still ok and only after this time they will consider there is a delay, the answer which I believe is common to all !!!!!!

I think there is a backlog has been developed and they just don't have any better answer than this one to give to the people asking about their delayed applications.
sorry can i ask, does it show decision made or in process?

B0kkie

Dec 22, 2016
Rogers2016 said:
@dudegujrat: eCAS was updated then I received the letter today.
Be prepared, you might get the letter any time.

Fingerprints request will not delay your process unless police find a Fingerprint match in which police start investigation.
In my case, the results were sent to immigration the same day cuz I have not history of any problems.

Good luck to you,
Hi, I'm also from Kitchener. Have you done your test yet? I'm curious to know how long the wait is between the test and the oath ceremony here.

lionsheart

Feb 16, 2017
Hey guys,

I applied in July then got tested the and then requested finger prints. Today it just changed to decision made, and I'm not sure when will get the oath letter ? called cic and they couldn't tell me i'm in Vancouver BTW and good luck to you all

July 4, 2016 Application received
July 26, 2016 AOR ? study book note
July 28, 2016 started processing
August 17, 2016 test notice
September 15, 2016 test date
September 27, 2016 (finger prints request) office received them on the 31st of Oct according to CIC.
February 16, 2017 Decision Made
and now waiting

any one else applied in Vancouver around same time can tell me how long did it take from DM to oath letter ?

good luck to you all !

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
oldfriend said:

I am still waiting for decision made, Did you receive Oath letter.

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
B0kkie said:
Hi, I'm also from Kitchener. Have you done your test yet? I'm curious to know how long the wait is between the test and the oath ceremony here.
I am from Kitchener. I received my oath invitation 1 month after the test.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
I am still waiting for decision made, Did you receive Oath letter.
The same here, no DM yet . Unfortunately nothing changed, still IP . Have you requested your ATIP or have you contacted your MP ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
oldfriend said:
The same here, no DM yet . Unfortunately nothing changed, still IP . Have you requested your ATIP or have you contacted your MP ?
Requested ATIP few weeks back.

What you think MP will be helpful and can she speedup the process?

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
Requested ATIP few weeks back.

What you think MP will be helpful and can she speedup the process?
I don't know whether MP can be helpful in speeding up the process or not . In my case the MP office just contacted the CIC on my behalf and got the same answers which I used to get from the CIC call center every time I called them.
The ATIP will give you more details about your application processing activities. It took about 30 days to be delivered to my email.