+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess many of us will apply for citizenship at the beginning of July 2016 as we will be completing the minimum 183 days requirement in the beginning of July 2016 for this year. Let's keep this thread to start talking about documents gathering, July 2016 applications, etc.,. I am applying for citizenship beginning July 2016. Who else? I know there is a big group. Do you think the new rule will come live before beginning July 2016?

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello humm whats the 183 days requirement?

I will complete four years on July 10th. I saw that we need a police clearance. Do you know when to get that? after completing the four years or would it be acceptable to apply four one now. I want to sent my application on the 10 :D have waited enough already.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As for the 3/5 I hope it will be voted down :) anyway the minster said due to the backlog, even if it was approved, the implementation would be delayed.

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I meant this - "You must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of application". As this rule came last year, many of us will finish the 183 days this early July 2016, if have stayed in Canada without going out this year.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If one has physical presence of 183 days (min) in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, no need to worry about 2016. Once you have 1460 days completed, you can apply.

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
Hi,

Hope every one is eligible for upcoming changes with Citizenship,

I just want to know more about new rules,

I came to Canada on Student visa in 2010,

Got Post Secondary work permit on 2011,

I just went only 2 months out of country during Jan 2010 to May 2014 before becoming PR so hopefully I will get the one year credit for sure.
I went in 2013 November for 1 month, came back in mid december.
I went in 2014 January for 1 month, came back in Feb 1st week.

Became PR on May 2014, I just went only 1 week to USA during May 2016 until now.

Will I be qualifying for the PR for July 1st week?

What about an English Program? I graduated from Seneca in 2 years diploma program, do I still have to give exam for an IELTS or Canadian Language Benchmark Test?

Do I need Police Clearance for citizenship if I did not stay in any country more than 1 month at a time. I provided police clearance during PR Application on September 2013 when I filled my PR file after that I did not go out of Canada. Just 1 week to USA. Please advise if I need Police Clearance.

Thanks for the assistance in advance.
Chintan

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Chintu, since the new rules (3/5 and pre-PR consideration) are not yet into force and nobody knows when it would be approved and applicable, better wait and get the new application and the guidelines to figure out your queries. As of now, you have to wait till May 2018 to be eligible to apply. If it is applicable in July 2016, there could be huge number of applications resulting in unprecedented delays in processing - so, really doubt it as been talked about in other threads in this forum.

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm eligible to apply on July 11.

hic79

Jun 3, 2016
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for citizenship on July 1 (or around that date). I have a question. For language proof, I have a TEFAQ test which I took in 2012. But now I live in Alberta. If i send TEFAQ as a language proof, will that mean that all the process for me will be in French (test, interview)?
Thank you in advance for your replies.

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question. I think it should be okay and you should be allowed to take the test in English.

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loulou79 said:
Hello humm whats the 183 days requirement?

I will complete four years on July 10th. I saw that we need a police clearance. Do you know when to get that? after completing the four years or would it be acceptable to apply four one now. I want to sent my application on the 10 :D have waited enough already.
No, the Police clearance certificate is required only if you have stayed more than 6 months during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application