JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Completed the oath today, surreal experience, finally this journey has concluded.
Best of luck to all....

newcitizen11

Oct 18, 2016
abhihappy said:
Hi All,
Completed the oath today, surreal experience, finally this journey has concluded.
Best of luck to all....
I really thank this blog. This very informative. Finally i completed my Oath today.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tharealimmigrant said:
Also, to my good friend Rigly68, I wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. you will officially join the circle of Canadian citizens. I am very happy for you. I noticed your contributions to the forum and I couldn't be happier when I heard you finally got your Oath letter.

All the best
So yes I am a proud Canadian citizen as of this afternoon! Thank you again Tharealimmigrant and I wish you all the best on your big day next week. The ceremony is a very special moment.....

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
You need to bring only the items listed in the letter from CIC (included with the invitation to write the test). Good luck.
ellle what about you any news?????

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SKgirl said:
Hi guys. To those who have applied for passport or about to apply, can you please help me
answer Question #3 for my Canadian Passport Application: Has a Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) been issued to you?

I was a permanent resident before becoming a citizen. So should i answer "Yes" since I had a PR Card issued to me before? Is the PR card considered a "Certificate of identity"? i know it is a card but i just wanna make sure i double check everything. thank you so much.
Select NO, PR card does not qualify for a travel document, it says clearly in the brackets ( Passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) given that you were a permanent resident, doesn't apply on you.

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
Rigly68 said:
So yes I am a proud Canadian citizen as of this afternoon! Thank you again Tharealimmigrant and I wish you all the best on your big day next week. The ceremony is a very special moment.....
Good Morning, Rigly68 and congrats again on your achievement. I am sure no Christmas gift will come close this year except Winning the Loto (lool)
Thanks for the wishes. My big day is on Wednesday, so... yeah filling very excited. I will let you know about my experience. Have a great week

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
I am getting worried guys... havent received any letter of oath yet....

Test was Sept 26
DM was Sept 29

Scarborough

did not recieve a update on ecas for the test.

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saazg said:
ellle what about you any news?????
Yes!

I am. Canadian. :)

Congrats to your Canadian Citizenship. I'm sure you are looking forward to visiting your family in India (in January?).

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took the Oath of Citizenship this morning at 11 AM in Scarborough. At this Citizenship Ceremony, 82 of us from 33 different countries became Canadian citizens.

I'd like to thank all the members of this forum for their valuable input. Wish you all the best.

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
Yes!

I am. Canadian. :)

Congrats to your Canadian Citizenship. I'm sure you are looking forward to visiting your family in India (in January?).
THANK YOU ALL I take oath 1 pm at Scarborough , I am Happy to become a canadian .

mfbl28

Sep 14, 2016
Hello everyone.
My ecas was updated yesterday from in process to DM. How long usually take them to send a letter of invite for oath taking? Also, in my ecas it is still on line number 4 and was hoping it will update also for line number 5 about oath taking invitation.

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
Good afternoon all,

I officially became Canadian Citizen this morning. We were 286 people from 56 countries at the ceremony. I am very proud of this achievement and looking back, it would have been a bad idea to postpone it because of my travel plans this Friday Dec07th. So, here ends my journey to citizenship. I am a proud Canadian, and I must admit that singing the national anthem was very special.
Thanks to all the people that made my journey enjoyable, 5 months went by very fast. To those still waiting patience is key.
Rigly68 and ESOUJERI, you guys know the feeling already but let me tell you, its worth every penny we pay for the application.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tharealimmigrant said:
Good afternoon all,

I officially became Canadian Citizen this morning. We were 286 people from 56 countries at the ceremony. I am very proud of this achievement and looking back, it would have been a bad idea to postpone it because of my travel plans this Friday Dec07th. So, here ends my journey to citizenship. I am a proud Canadian, and I must admit that singing the national anthem was very special.
Thanks to all the people that made my journey enjoyable, 5 months went by very fast. To those still waiting patience is key.
Rigly68 and ESOUJERI, you guys know the feeling already but let me tell you, its worth every penny we pay for the application.
Congratulations Tharealimmigrant! So happy for you! You are absolutely correct that becoming a Canadian citizen is worth the wait and fees. You can be proud of accomplishing this journey as it is not just the wait during the processing of the applications but every members journey here starts years ago and includes hard work, learning, compassion and patience!

And again I can't say enough about how helpful you and many members have been during this journey!

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mfbl28 said:
Hello everyone.
My ecas was updated yesterday from in process to DM. How long usually take them to send a letter of invite for oath taking? Also, in my ecas it is still on line number 4 and was hoping it will update also for line number 5 about oath taking invitation.
I am in a similar situation, status changed from IP to DM. My E-cas is still stuck on finger prints request :-\

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
tharealimmigrant said:
Good afternoon all,

Congratulations