JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I finished the test and happy to get 20/20. My experience is - around 15 - 16 questions were easy if you study the DISCOVER CANADA. 4-5 questions are tough and you need to have done enough homework to get them right. It took around 8 minutes to complete the test and I went over it for many times. The lady who did the interview was good and just checked my Passport, PR Card, Language proofs and COPR. She then informed that I will get my invitation to the oath in 2-3 months. ;D

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
canadaon said:
Hi all,
I finished the test and happy to get 20/20. My experience is - around 15 - 16 questions were easy if you study the DISCOVER CANADA. 4-5 questions are tough and you need to have done enough homework to get them right. It took around 8 minutes to complete the test and I went over it for many times. The lady who did the interview was good and just checked my Passport, PR Card, Language proofs and COPR. She then informed that I will get my invitation to the oath in 2-3 months. ;D
Hi there. Congratulations! Just a quick question and I have read this on this forum but that was from a 2008 post so I don't know if it still applies to the current test. Is it true that you have to get all the correct 5 answers on the last part of the test?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
Hi there. Congratulations! Just a quick question and I have read this on this forum but that was from a 2008 post so I don't know if it still applies to the current test. Is it true that you have to get all the correct 5 answers on the last part of the test?
Never heard of that. Passing score is 75% - at least 15 correct answers

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
No, this isn't true!

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
That's good to hear. So doesn't matter which part of the test you make mistake on as long as you get the passing score of 75% (15 correct answers), right?

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
That's good to hear. So doesn't matter which part of the test you make mistake on as long as you get the passing score of 75% (15 correct answers), right?
Yes, you are right! 15/20 is the minimum to pass 8)

a4architecture

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
LAHORE,PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
IELTS Request
SENT
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Request
27-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-08-2011
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 18-05-2012, PPR-2: 21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2012
LANDED..........
29-07-2012 happy since then..alhamdullah
Greetings everyone,

I am Back after 4 years.
Just an update. My application was delivered Yesterday morning.

Location - Mississauga
App Mailed - September 20, 2016
App Delivered - September 21, 2016
AOR Received -
In Process -
Cit Test invite -
Cit Test taken -
Oath -

Is anyone going to create tracking xls file (Spread sheet) so we all may update our application status as it progresses ?

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a4architecture said:
Greetings everyone,

I am Back after 4 years.
Just an update. My application was delivered Yesterday morning.

Location - Mississauga
App Mailed - September 20, 2016
App Delivered - September 21, 2016
AOR Received -
In Process -
Cit Test invite -
Cit Test taken -
Oath -

Is anyone going to create tracking xls file (Spread sheet) so we all may update our application status as it progresses ?
You can add your timeline at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a question to the fellows with family applications who have already passed the test and interview.
Will the interview be held for the whole family together at the same time ? or each adult family member will be interviewed separately ?
Thanks

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
Hi,
I have a question to the fellows with family applications who have already passed the test and interview.
Will the interview be held for the whole family together at the same time ? or each adult family member will be interviewed separately ?
Thanks
Usually it's done separately for each member. Its the same routine questions most of the time , where you stay, what do you do for living? family, trips etc..

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
Hi,
Thanks
In our case, my wife and I were interviewed together (but one person at a time). We were invited to seat before the officer together. Our children are below 14 years and they did not go with us.

shab84

Sep 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

Want to share my timeline for Family citizenship application;

Application Sent: July 26, 2016
Application Received: August 2, 2016
AOR: August 21, 2016
In process: August 25, 2016
Test Invite: Sept 19, Test Date Oct 13
Oath:

I have question regarding physical presence of minor for test or Oath. She is with her mother overseas and will not be coming back for couple of months how ever it says on test invite that bring original documents with you for you and your minor child. I only have her Landing paper and birth certificate available. Can you please advise if its going to be an issue or not. What will you suggest what should I do now.

Thanks

Good luck to every one

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shab84 said:
Hi Guys,

Want to share my timeline for Family citizenship application;

Application Sent: July 26, 2016
Application Received: August 2, 2016
AOR: August 21, 2016
In process: August 25, 2016
Test Invite: Sept 19, Test Date Oct 13
Oath:

I have question regarding physical presence of minor for test or Oath. She is with her mother overseas and will not be coming back for couple of months how ever it says on test invite that bring original documents with you for you and your minor child. I only have her Landing paper and birth certificate available. Can you please advise if its going to be an issue or not. What will you suggest what should I do now.

Thanks

Good luck to every one
If the minor is below 14 years, they don't need to write the test and their physical presence does not count. We applied for 3 of our children who are below 14 years, and none of them even followed us to the test/interview. They didn't even ask anything about them, only me and my wife. So, your minor child is below 14, don't worry about that. Just get all your original documents ready.