+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
Hi,
Can anybody please tell what is expected to be received as the citizenship test invite. Is it only a letter to invite you to the test or there is some instructions attached to it. Also what is the color of the invite letter's paper and whether this has any meaning because I heard that some people received it in yellow color and others in different color. I know these questions may look a trivial but the answers may solve some confusion for me. Thanks
The letter has of course the location and time of test but also instructions on what items to bring with you. The envelope it came in was the government light brown.....

Did you provide an email in your application? If yes you will also see an update in your eCas when test invite is sent.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
Hi,
Can anybody please tell what is expected to be received as the citizenship test invite. Is it only a letter to invite you to the test or there is some instructions attached to it. Also what is the color of the invite letter's paper and whether this has any meaning because I heard that some people received it in yellow color and others in different color. I know these questions may look a trivial but the answers may solve some confusion for me. Thanks
Yes both Invitation Letter plus instructions.

Color might be yellow and pink for oath depending on some offices, also it might be in pdf version in email for some offices if email is provided in application.

I hope thats what you need

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you dear dudegujrat, Rigly68 , and march2016 for your reply.
One of my friends told me that a list of prohibitionist under the citizenship act (similar to Q8 of the application form) is also attached with the test invite letter and needs to be signed before appearing to write the test. I didn't see any body mentioned this list before. Did you receive such list as well with your invite letter?

@dudegujrat : please keep us posted when your relatives get the test invite.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
westcoast7395 said:
Just checked my ecas and it said that we are invited to take our oath September 30!!!!
Congrats!! Could you update your timeline here or on the excel sheet. Thanks

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
YES. That is true.
In fact, it says the Canadian citizenship is NOT given to people who satisfy one of the conditions mentioned in that list (mainly about terrorism, weapons, serious court crimes, etc). THEN, at the bottom, there is a couple of lines which says NONE of the above is true about the applicant. You sign that part and submit it along with other documents the day you go for your test.
I hope this helps.

oldfriend said:
One of my friends told me that a list of prohibitionist under the citizenship act (similar to Q8 of the application form) is also attached with the test invite letter and needs to be signed before appearing to write the test. I didn't see any body mentioned this list before. Did you receive such list as well with your invite letter?

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally my satus said In Process, Hopefully will get to the test soon.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:
YES. That is true.
In fact, it says the Canadian citizenship is NOT given to people who satisfy one of the conditions mentioned in that list (mainly about terrorism, weapons, serious court crimes, etc). THEN, at the bottom, there is a couple of lines which says NONE of the above is true about the applicant. You sign that part and submit it along with other documents the day you go for your test.
I hope this helps.
Thank you very much

tester78546

Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed my test today 20/20 in a Scarborough office. And it wasn't that easy actually: many indirect questions that cover 2-3 facts, like "What other big event was happening during this event", so you should know the chronology. Or "If we imagine that you live there and you belong to this big group of people, then with high probability who are you if in your location the temperature may drop to -60C in winter". So again you should know geography, weather and where and what group of people live.

Expecting oath of Citizenship is in 2-4 months.

----------------------------------------
Disclaimer: questions-examples in this post are abstract and intentionally changed, because we were warned that they are copyrighted.

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester78546 said:
Passed my test today 20/20 in a Scarborough office. And it wasn't that easy actually: many indirect questions that cover 2-3 facts, like "What other big event was happening during this event", so you should know the chronology. Or "If we imagine that you live there and you belong to this big group of people, then with high probability who are you if in your location the temperature may drop to -60C in winter". So again you should know geography, weather and where and what group of people live.

Disclaimer: questions-examples in this post are abstract and intentionally changed, because we were warned that they are copyrighted.

Thank you for sharing. Your info about the test is value added.
Congratulations to 20/20.

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester78546 said:

Congrats! So true, the test wasn't easy, my husband said he didn't think he passed right after taking it, I was thinking that we have to come back the entire time when we were waiting to be interviewed, but we did pass and I was so happy when the officer showed us the result.

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
oldfriend said:

I will keep you posted please do the same.

Surrey is really slow.

What do you think?

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michelle00 said:
Congrats! So true, the test wasn't easy, my husband said he didn't think he passed right after taking it, I was thinking that we have to come back the entire time when we were waiting to be interviewed, but we did pass and I was so happy when the officer showed us the result.
Thank you for info Michelle. Congratulations to you and your husband.

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester78546 said:

Congrats!! It is scary - still 4 days for my test ???

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
Today I've checked my Ecase and found a new line was added ...... yes it is the invite to write the citizenship test on Oct 4th 2016.
Waiting for the official letter by mail.