+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharif11 said:
My received line disappeared with now extra information or requests! Any ideas?
What do you mean by extra information or requests? What difference are you seeing?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
What do you mean by extra information or requests? What difference are you seeing?
There is no difference at all. Some people reported another line where letters were sent to them, but in my case, nothing.

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
Hi Guys,

My ecas become active last week saying this:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 30, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2014.

However, I did not receive any package or any letter of acknowledgement in the mail. It says was send on July 30 th. I checked they got the right mailing address. So what is going on is it lost on the mail ? Should I Call the CIC to send the letter and the package again ?

Thank you guys for your help

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChekFsts said:
Hi Guys,

My ecas become active last week saying this:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 30, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2014.

However, I did not receive any package or any letter of acknowledgement in the mail. It says was send on July 30 th. I checked they got the right mailing address. So what is going on is it lost on the mail ? Should I Call the CIC to send the letter and the package again ?

Thank you guys for your help
Based on what I have understood it seems that the letters are sent at a later date, not the date that application is received although your ecas shows that they sent it on July 30th! They have most probably sent it on the day that your ecas became active! I havent recieved mine either!

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
Windsor_PhD said:
Based on what I have understood it seems that the letters are sent at a later date, not the date that application is received although your ecas shows that they sent it on July 30th! They have most probably sent it on the day that your ecas became active! I havent recieved mine either!

Thank you Windsor_PhD. Do you know how long it will usuallly take from the day ecase become active til the testing date ?

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChekFsts said:
Thank you Windsor_PhD. Do you know how long it will usuallly take from the day ecase become active til the testing date ?
There are a lot of variables that can influence when the test will be scheduled such as your location, type of application, the officer assigned and more importantly how lucky you are! Given all the changes that are happening, its more of guessing and speculation game right now, but compared to last year they seem to be much faster! I'm assuming sometime early next year,

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
Windsor_PhD said:
There are a lot of variables that can influence when the test will be scheduled such as your location, type of application, the officer assigned and more importantly how lucky you are! Given all the changes that are happening, its more of guessing and speculation game right now, but compared to last year they seem to be much faster! I'm assuming sometime early next year,

Thanks a lot Windsor_PhD. Since my ecase became active, does it mean the file is being processed by an officer locally or still at Sydney ?

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
Hello all:

I send family application and was received by CIC on July 14th. Till now, I didn't here anything from them. So I sent online query 2 weeks ago to CIC and received the following:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please provide your tracking number so that we can locate your package. Also, did you apply alone or with other family members? If more than one application, please provide the names and dates of birth of each applicant, along with your mailing address.

Regards,

The problem is that I lost my tracking number. I am sure that it was received by CIC on July 14th and signed because I tracked it online back then.

I don't know what this mean? any idea?

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChekFsts said:
Thanks a lot Windsor_PhD. Since my ecase became active, does it mean the file is being processed by an officer locally or still at Sydney ?
To be honest I'm not really sure! I think its most likely too early for our files to be transferred to local offices, my understanding is that ecas becomes active while files are still in Syndey.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Mra2618 said:
Hello all:

I send family application and was received by CIC on July 14th. Till now, I didn't here anything from them. So I sent online query 2 weeks ago to CIC and received the following:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please provide your tracking number so that we can locate your package. Also, did you apply alone or with other family members? If more than one application, please provide the names and dates of birth of each applicant, along with your mailing address.

Regards,

The problem is that I lost my tracking number. I am sure that it was received by CIC on July 14th and signed because I tracked it online back then.

I don't know what this mean? any idea?
Which postal service did you use? You can always go there and provide them with your postal code, etc., and they will be able to provide you with the tracking number and status. You can provide it back to CIC. Sometimes, when they receive packages, they place them in queues other than the citizenship queue, which may prolong your waiting time. Call them as well -- sometimes it's better as it's more direct.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Windsor_PhD said:
To be honest I'm not really sure! I think its most likely too early for our files to be transferred to local offices, my understanding is that ecas becomes active while files are still in Syndey.
All we know about what the status means, is what CIC provides at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=

[size=10pt][size=16pt]Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)[/size][/size]
This diagram explains each step in the application process. Please contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.

Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)
Status of your application

Explanation

RECEIVED

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Application Withdrawn
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise us before a decision on your application has been made.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.