+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
All we know about what the status means, is what CIC provides at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=

[size=10pt][size=16pt]Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)[/size][/size]
This diagram explains each step in the application process. Please contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.

Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)
Status of your application

Explanation

RECEIVED

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to write the citizenship test. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter and the booklet called Discover Canada by mail, you should begin to study for the test. Applicants who are 55 years old or older and minors are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Application Withdrawn
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise us before a decision on your application has been made.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.
Thanks for this, rather insightful! Hopefully our files have been transferred over to the local office!

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
Which postal service did you use? You can always go there and provide them with your postal code, etc., and they will be able to provide you with the tracking number and status. You can provide it back to CIC. Sometimes, when they receive packages, they place them in queues other than the citizenship queue, which may prolong your waiting time. Call them as well -- sometimes it's better as it's more direct.
Thanks ES.

Thank god. I just found the receipt and I sent them the tracking number. It was received and signed by D M. I hope the find it. I used Canada post.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Mra2618 said:
Thanks ES.

Thank god. I just found the receipt and I sent them the tracking number. It was received and signed by D M. I hope the find it. I used Canada post.
Great did you use case specific inquiry form or any specific email address ?

thanks

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
Hey Mra2618,

I sent my family application on July 24th received July 25th and I did not see any update on my file on ecase. Called CIC today and the agent could not find my application saying they are still opening applications sent up until July 25 th. She also tried to find my application using receipt number but nothing came up. I went back to UPS tracking and saw that my application was received by the same guy like yours, first name Doug. The agent suggested to call back in two weeks because they are still opening apps from July 25th and therefore she cannot take any action until they pass this date. I really hope our applications will pop up soon otherwise it maybe better to send another one? What are your thoughts?

I also sent a case specific inquiry on October 9th but did not get a response yet.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Soon to be said:
Hey Mra2618,

I sent my family application on July 24th received July 25th and I did not see any update on my file on ecase. Called CIC today and the agent could not find my application saying they are still opening application sent up until July 25 th. She also tried to find my application using receipt number but nothing came up. I went back to UPS tracking and saw that my application was received by the same guy like yours, first name Doug. The agent suggested to call back i two weeks because they may still be opening apps from July 25th and therefore she cannot take any action until they pass this date. I really hope our applications will pop up soon otherwise it maybe better to send another one? What are your thoughts?

I also sent a case specific inquiry on October 9th but did not get a response yet.
Out of curiosity, did you guys write "GRANT ADULT" in the address line of your envelope when you mailed it to CPC-S? If those two golden words are missing, your file may have ended up in some other queue -- they have a general intake queue from which they filter envelopes based on application type (PR, citizenship, etc.)...

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
Out of curiosity, did you guys write "GRANT ADULT" in the address line of your envelope when you mailed it to CPC-S? If those two golden words are missing, your file may have ended up in some other queue -- they have a general intake queue from which they filter envelopes based on application type (PR, citizenship, etc.)...

Yes I used the exact address as stated in the guide.

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
Soon to be said:
Hey Mra2618,

I sent my family application on July 24th received July 25th and I did not see any update on my file on ecase. Called CIC today and the agent could not find my application saying they are still opening applications sent up until July 25 th. She also tried to find my application using receipt number but nothing came up. I went back to UPS tracking and saw that my application was received by the same guy like yours, first name Doug. The agent suggested to call back in two weeks because they are still opening apps from July 25th and therefore she cannot take any action until they pass this date. I really hope our applications will pop up soon otherwise it maybe better to send another one? What are your thoughts?

Honstly, I don't know what to do. I sent them the tracking number and I forgot to say it was sent by Canada post :-[. I am so busy now with my exams and I am not sure that I have time or peace of mind for it now. Also, I didn't visit my family back home for more than 4 years now. I was planning to visit them in January (I must) so I was hoping to at least take the test before then. I hope they find it. I used the same address in the application form.