+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mra2618 said:
Hello all:

I sent a family application and was received by CIC on July, 14th. Since then, I have not heard anything from them, no email, no ecas, nothing at all.
I sent online inquiry on Sept 27th but no one answered till now. Is that normal?
Yes. My application was received on April 25 and went in process on June 27. I got AOR by mail in early August. You should get the email soon. Good luck! :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windsor_PhD said:
Received line disappeared today! anyone else in the same boat? does anyone know what this means?
Someone actually opened your file. It will be sent out to the local office soon if it's not there already. Call CIC and inquire about your local office. Congrats.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
Someone actually opened your file. It will be sent out to the local office soon if it's not there already. Call CIC and inquire about your local office. Congrats.
Thanks for the info!

ChekFsts

Oct 11, 2014
Mra2618 said:
Hello all:

I sent a family application and was received by CIC on July, 14th. Since then, I have not heard anything from them, no email, no ecas, nothing at all.
I sent online inquiry on Sept 27th but no one answered till now. Is that normal?
Hi guys I am new to this forum and I am pretty much on the same boat as you guys.
My question to Mra2618 how to send an online inquiry ? Thx

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
aed said:
Yes. My application was received on April 25 and went in process on June 27. I got AOR by mail in early August. You should get the email soon. Good luck! :)
Thanks for the information. Good luck for you too.

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1

ChekFsts said:
Hi guys I am new to this forum and I am pretty much on the same boat as you guys.
My question to Mra2618 how to send an online inquiry ? Thx
Here is the link,

good luck,

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nafta,

Yes my application number starts with COOO and I couldn't see my application status as well on E-CAS.

How long it takes to get the citizenship test from now in general based on the current processing times ?

Thanks

NAFTA.couple said:
This is from user catchvb in the June thread:

Just off the phone with CIC agent.
Regarding e-Cas:
Applicant who got application number C000***** are likely not to see the application in e-Cas due to some system glitch. They are trying to fix this glitch but it will take them months. May be this glitch will be solved by end of the year.May be. This is the new application numbering system. So most of us who got email confirmation with C000***** application number are not able to see the active e-Cas. If anyone is exception to this please reply. I will be curious to know. So people in the same situation will be dependent upon Canada Post. Make sure you address is updated with CIC. He said if you received email confirmation and no other email or mail in few weeks means your application is in process.

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
Gents, heads up!

My application was sent on July 21,2014
on Oct 6th I got below email................

But I don't see my ECAS on cic web yet.
Is it normal? any idea how long they will take to ask for exam date?

--------------------------------------

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/07/24.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons aged 18 to 54 years must meet language and knowledge requirements:

• You must know enough English or French to carry on a simple conversation.

• You must know enough about Canada’s history, geography and government, and the rights and responsibilities of

citizenship to pass a written or oral test.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the study guide. The study guide

is available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will invite you

to a knowledge test, interview or ceremony, if applicable. Please visit our Web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ciizenship/cit-test.asp for information to prepare for these events.

It is very important that we are notified of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone

number). Please visit our Web site at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curious2010 said:
Gents, heads up!

My application was sent on July 21,2014
on Oct 6th I got below email................

But I don't see my ECAS on cic web yet.
Is it normal? any idea how long they will take to ask for exam date?

--------------------------------------

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/07/24.

This is normal. As a lot of applicants from July and after got this email including myself. This would mean that your file has been opened and sent to the waiting list for an officer to review. Now the wait game begins, welcome aboard.

And FYI, if you got this email, your application is considered to be processed in a 'new routine' which is 'supposed to be faster than before' and your eCAS won't show up until maybe a test date has been assigned.

coco4

Sep 2, 2014
hello johoja.. did you re did the papers? or sent the entire package as it is?

i did a mistake and need to re-send.. please suggest.

johoja said:
Damn stupid mistake oh well. My application had a stamp that said received July 14th.

I just signed the missing signature and sent it out again

Will probably end up getting there in October so we should move over to the October thread then I guess :(

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Hi Guys,

My Received line has disappeared Today .. My application was sent July 25th and In Process 22nd of September .. Note that I requested a change of Address (Within GTA 2 weeks ago) .. is that related to the address change or something else? (Also there is now a problem in my middle name -2 letters are flipped)

Any Idea?

Thanks,

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
sicko86 said:
Hi Guys,

My Received line has disappeared Today .. My application was sent July 25th and In Process 22nd of September .. Note that I requested a change of Address (Within GTA 2 weeks ago) .. is that related to the address change or something else? (Also there is now a problem in my middle name -2 letters are flipped)

Any Idea?

Thanks,
Nobody knows what causes it to disappear. However, some claim it's correlated with a transfer of your file to the local office or test notice being issued...

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Hi Guys,

1- Anybody here got the Book and AOR (People from last 2 weeks of July)
2- People who got received line disappeared ... anyone without finger prints?

Sharif11

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Hi Guys,

1- Anybody here got the Book and AOR (People from last 2 weeks of July)
2- People who got received line disappeared ... anyone without finger prints?
+1