+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
dandash said:
Great ?!?!?!?!?!?! Because I wanted to shorten my name I received a letter today to provide a provincial ID or something .
It was a stupid idea ... now my application will be delayed .

I think the received line disappeared yesterday .

and my online status shows the below

We sent you a letter on October 3, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
same as my case.......but they told me to do police finger printing where police department had asked for Ids

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
THIS MY RECENT UPDATE ON MY E CASE.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 17, 2014.

We sent you a letter on October 3, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

NOW I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO DO FINGER PRINTING BE CAUSE I HAVE REQUEST FOR NAME CHANGE

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
sylvia27 said:
Any July applicants who still don't have any update on their application whether in e-cas or by email/mail?
I passed the test on 23 July 2014 ,I've got 20/20 score , then the agent asked me some simple questions. She told me to wait from 1month to 3 months to take next step ,I'm still waiting for the news until today.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Did any of the people who received email AOR have their e-cas active? |If yes, how long after the email did you see updates on e-cas?

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
Hello all:

I sent a family application and was received by CIC on July, 14th. Since then, I have not heard anything from them, no email, no ecas, nothing at all.
I sent online inquiry on Sept 27th but no one answered till now. Is that normal?

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Guys,
My Received line disappeared today without any further information there. What does it mean?
If they have requested any extra things, it would have been there online? (like sent a letter asking some info etc.?)

timeline is:

Application received: july 4th
ECAS Active/Application in process: Sept. 3
AOR: Sept. 15
Received line disappeared: Oct. 10

manishgarg

Oct 10, 2014
IS there anyone who are waiting for acknowledgement who applied in early July ?

I applied on July 7th in brampton but i did not get any response from CIC side.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received line disappeared today! anyone else in the same boat? does anyone know what this means?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
It seems like people who got the initial EMAIL acknowledgment (ONLY ) are not able to get on e-CAS yet and it is a diff approach.

Whereas someone who DID NOT get the email ackn. to begin with but saw e-CAS update is seeing things like lines disappearing etc.

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
my application status has been changed to "in process" since Oct. 7th. it took me almost two and a half months to pass the first round and get into the next level of the game.

still need to play more! two more stages and hopefully done.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
sylvia27 said:
Did any of the people who received email AOR have their e-cas active? |If yes, how long after the email did you see updates on e-cas?
This is from user catchvb in the June thread:

Just off the phone with CIC agent.
Regarding e-Cas:
Applicant who got application number C000***** are likely not to see the application in e-Cas due to some system glitch. They are trying to fix this glitch but it will take them months. May be this glitch will be solved by end of the year.May be. This is the new application numbering system. So most of us who got email confirmation with C000***** application number are not able to see the active e-Cas. If anyone is exception to this please reply. I will be curious to know. So people in the same situation will be dependent upon Canada Post. Make sure you address is updated with CIC. He said if you received email confirmation and no other email or mail in few weeks means your application is in process.