+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Any July applicants who still don't have any update on their application whether in e-cas or by email/mail?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
sylvia27 said:
Any July applicants who still don't have any update on their application whether in e-cas or by email/mail?
That's me! They received my application on July 30th and got no updates so far.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
it appears that they got a wave of applications after end of June (in response to the C-24 panic). I am also wondering if agents are processing packages initially based on postal codes (GTA, Vancouver and maybe Montreal first) and others later ?

Just my thought...but it does appear GTA applicants from mid July to end of July have tended to hear more than some others.

But, generally it feels like loads of applications flowed in after the Bill C-24 panic around June....

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
us2yow said:
it appears that they got a wave of applications after end of June (in response to the C-24 panic). I am also wondering if agents are processing packages initially based on postal codes (GTA, Vancouver and maybe Montreal first) and others later ?

Just my thought...but it does appear GTA applicants from mid July to end of July have tended to hear more than some others.

But, generally it feels like loads of applications flowed in after the Bill C-24 panic around June....
New decision model took effect in August 1st 2014. Please see link below. Process would turn to be a little bit different now. Mine being received by CIC on the last day of July might be processed under this new model. Just my 2 cents.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872659

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I think it depends on when a package was date stamped as "Received".

So if something was delivered to CIC even on July 31 and was stamped "received on July 31" then I would think it would be assessed against the pre-Aug 1, 2014 rules.

But, lets say it was sent by Regular Post on July 24 and received by CIC only on Aug 1, then it would be stamped Aug 1 and assessed against the Aug 1 rules.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
here's my timeline:
I live in Montreal...

Application received at Sydney on july 16th, 2014
Got email from CIC, (AOR ?) on September 29th..
Called CIC today (october 6th) and told me that my file is "open"... (whatever that means)
No e-Cas so far. Nothing received in mail.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Hi all,
here's my timeline:
I live in Montreal...

Application received at Sydney on july 16th, 2014
Got email from CIC, (AOR ?) on September 29th..
Called CIC today (october 6th) and told me that my file is "open"... (whatever that means)
No e-Cas so far. Nothing received in mail.
our timeline is similar, story is the same so far.
can you please update your timeline in your signature so others know it as well.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
our timeline is similar, story is the same so far.
can you please update your timeline in your signature so others know it as well.
Done.. Does the AOR email mean the application is "in process" ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Done.. Does the AOR email mean the application is "in process" ?
as what i was told when i called them 3 weeks ago, CIC agent told me my file was opened and is considered 'in process', but the agent wasn't able to confirm in which stage it is and whether it has been assigned to an officer for review.
i didn't see any applicant who received email AOR got test invitation yet. Guess we'll just need to wait.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thing is, there hasn't been a single 2014 applicant from montreal that got an oath date so far.. So i take it that we won't get an oath before next july ? :( :(
It's so sad that quebec is lagging behind in everything in this country... Other offices finish the whole process in less than six months in some cases.

John P.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
us2yow said:

My dad is from the Vancouver area and I don't think they (CIC) prioritize applications from where the applicants live. His application has been in process for almost 19 months already since March 2013.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Thing is, there hasn't been a single 2014 applicant from montreal that got an oath date so far.. So i take it that we won't get an oath before next july ? :( :(
It's so sad that quebec is lagging behind in everything in this country... Other offices finish the whole process in less than six months in some cases.
We are to be processed in a "new routine" so nobody knows what is going to happen to our files. It might just take a shorter time, or might be longer.
Just wait and I think it's supposed to be faster.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I called the CIC number this morning and the agents sound so scripted. I guess they have their limitations on what they know.

So first the recording said ...currently processing citizenship applications from June 19th (which is old I am sure). One agent said applications from July 17th. Another said applications from July 14th. :-\

Then I said how come some others (not everyone but a few ..i.e. those who reported on the spreadsheet on this forum) who had a CIC application delivery date later in July had e-CAS already ? And I added..is it because they are from the GTA or certain areas CIC wants to focus on or is processing by "priority zip codes" ??

And of course...I figured he wouldn't know..so he just said...I cannot confirm/i]..and went back to his script of ..." as I just said...they are processing applications July 14th..." and closed by saying ...people should know more in 2-3 weeks or something on those lines.

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
Got email confirmation just now for family application.

Application received on 29th July.