Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
wadelmaki said:
tstarks,

Same thing here, CIC agents told me a FP request was mailed to me on March 3rd, however I did not receive it yet. When I told CIC they said I have to wait for 8 weeks before considering the mail is lost. Meanwhile, my application is stuck in Sydney.
Thanks for the Wadelmaki. Unfortunate and frustrating to see, especially after how quickly we have seen other peoples files being processed. Is yours a family or individual application?

Also, were you working in the Middle East before? I am thinking that the fact that I was in the UAE prior to coming here has set off red flags.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
tstarks said:
Thanks for the Wadelmaki. Unfortunate and frustrating to see, especially after how quickly we have seen other peoples files being processed. Is yours a family or individual application?

Also, were you working in the Middle East before? I am thinking that the fact that I was in the UAE prior to coming here has set off red flags.
My application was a single one! I lived in another place that sets off all the alarms (USA) and I was a resident there prior to come to Canada and I had that in my application. So, I was mentally prepared for a long haul despite the fact that I sent all of documents with my application. On top of that I live in Alberta, so the recipe of a long wait is there.

The part that I am understanding; how come my FP letter get lost while everyone else got their letters few days after they were mailed.

Yanor

Jan 27, 2014
Same situation for me guys, i called CIC last week, and the agent told me that the file was still on process at Sydney, and let me know everything looked ok .

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Yanor said:
Same situation for me guys, i called CIC last week, and the agent told me that the file was still on process at Sydney, and let me know everything looked ok .
Hi Yanor,

What is your province or local office?

micky_73

Oct 18, 2013
Hi Guys,
Not been active for some time but finally I am a Canadian citizen now. Had my test on March 20th and they just called me on the 25th asking to come for oath on the 28th.

I am from Mississauga and I would say they are very fast indeed. I had stopped calling the call center also coz they would just say that my office is still in Sydney.

So don't know if they have the correct news. But good luck to all of you who are still waiting and I am sure you will hear soon from them.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micky_73 said:
Hi Guys,
Not been active for some time but finally I am a Canadian citizen now. Had my test on March 20th and they just called me on the 25th asking to come for oath on the 28th.

I am from Mississauga and I would say they are very fast indeed. I had stopped calling the call center also coz they would just say that my office is still in Sydney.

So don't know if they have the correct news. But good luck to all of you who are still waiting and I am sure you will hear soon from them.
Congratulations man!

Halifax

Oct 2, 2013
Hello Guys,
I am also have been inactive lately, but finally,my wait is over. I became a Canadian Citizen on the 24th of this month. Congratulations to Micky_73 and good luck for the rest of us......

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halifax said:
Hello Guys,
I am also have been inactive lately, but finally,my wait is over. I became a Canadian Citizen on the 24th of this month. Congratulations to Micky_73 and good luck for the rest of us......
Halifax, when did you take your test/interview?
What's your timeline? I'm assuming your CIC office is Halifax.

Thanks and congratulations.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
My application was a single one! I lived in another place that sets off all the alarms (USA) and I was a resident there prior to come to Canada and I had that in my application. So, I was mentally prepared for a long haul despite the fact that I sent all of documents with my application.
is it a problem if someone lived in US before?? how come?? one of my friends lived in us (illegally) but he left the us to his home country 3 or 4 years before landing in Canada. Will it be an issue for him??

Halifax

Oct 2, 2013
torontonian2003 said:
Halifax, when did you take your test/interview?
What's your timeline? I'm assuming your CIC office is Halifax.

Thanks and congratulations.
Thanks Torontonian...
My test was on the 13th and Oath on the 24th. As you can see from the timelines tables, I applied almost mid July and my application was transferred to local office in January... The whole process took about eight months,,, wish you all the best

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halifax said:
Thanks Torontonian...
My test was on the 13th and Oath on the 24th. As you can see from the timelines tables, I applied almost mid July and my application was transferred to local office in January... The whole process took about eight months,,, wish you all the best
Thanks a lot!
Just updating the timeline database with your info.
Congratulations again Halifax!