regards

Vats said:
Hi all hows life at Canada?

shustikov

Feb 1, 2014
KianaN said:
But I am still waiting here for Medical :'(
pray for me
I also wait for medical. I received an e.mail from visa office that I have misrepresented my experience. I just translated my job position by meaning because dictionary can not give a proper translation. Can a discrepancy in translation of job title be a qualified as misrepresentation?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
shustikov said:
I also wait for medical. I received an e.mail from visa office that I have misrepresented my experience. I just translated my job position by meaning because dictionary can not give a proper translation. Can a discrepancy in translation of job title be a qualified as misrepresentation?
if you wish to share more specific information about your duties and what translation you gave, you might be able to get better advice from forum members. Can you tell us how the words were chosen and how the discrepancy occurred? I am wondering if you have a compelling explanation you might be able to make your case. The first issue I see is IELTS. Using the translation problem as reason for your choice of job title puts your English proficiency in question. On the other hand, someone who writes as well as you do in your post makes it hard to understand how the mistake could have happened in the first place.

shustikov

Feb 1, 2014
Pippin said:
if you wish to share more specific information about your duties and what translation you gave, you might be able to get better advice from forum members. Can you tell us how the words were chosen and how the discrepancy occurred? I am wondering if you have a compelling explanation you might be able to make your case. The first issue I see is IELTS. Using the translation problem as reason for your choice of job title puts your English proficiency in question. On the other hand, someone who writes as well as you do in your post makes it hard to understand how the mistake could have happened in the first place.
Thank you for answer. I did not make a mistake, I made this translation intentionally. My IELTS is 6,5. I can ask question only generally because forum member do not know my language. Dictionary translation of my position title is correct only in some cases because in English there is no full equivalent of my position title. In my case dictionary gives very different NOC and this translation is correct only in some cases. So I decided to to translate it by meaning suitable with my experience and NOC from MI3 (list 29). Officer thinks that I misrepresented my experience. I explained in answer that here is a language problem and I just tried to make information more understandable. Nobody accuse interpreters than they translate by meaning and not literally. The question is: Can a translation of job title by meaning and not by a dictionary be qualified as misrepresentation? May it is not very serious because only experience is important. I submitted enough evidence of my experience.
Surely, if I will recieve a negative decision I will hire a Canadian lawyer to appeal in Federal Court.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
shustikov said:
Thank you for answer. I did not make a mistake, I made this translation intentionally. My IELTS is 6,5. I can ask question only generally because forum member do not know my language. Dictionary translation of my position title is correct only in some cases because in English there is no full equivalent of my position title. In my case dictionary gives very different NOC and this translation is correct only in some cases. So I decided to to translate it by meaning suitable with my experience and NOC from MI3 (list 29). Officer thinks that I misrepresented my experience. I explained in answer that here is a language problem and I just tried to make information more understandable. Nobody accuse interpreters than they translate by meaning and not literally. The question is: Can a translation of job title by meaning and not by a dictionary be qualified as misrepresentation? May it is not very serious because only experience is important. I submitted enough evidence of my experience.
Surely, if I will recieve a negative decision I will hire a Canadian lawyer to appeal in Federal Court.
As far as I know, the mere title of a job is rather irrelevant. It is work you acutally did, that is important. Did you explain this and does your job-description match the relevant NOC?

Could you elaborate about what the visa office is worried about?

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
BC2013 said:
As far as I know, the mere title of a job is rather irrelevant. It is work you acutally did, that is important. Did you explain this and does your job-description match the relevant NOC?

Could you elaborate about what the visa office is worried about?
BC2013,
I completely agree with you in this matter. when a Visa officer raise a question regarding job description, it means there was significant difference/variation. I'm a US citizen but my first language is not English. There are currently good software that can help to translate words from one language to another without much variation. For example Nurse in my vernacular translates to Yaya ( For those who know Swahili) can attest to this (I'm not fluent in the language yet I understand everything in it). CIC has people from various parts of the world or contracts who help in translating some pieces of information when required. And this was not an exception.

shustikov

Feb 1, 2014
2011july20 said:
BC2013,
I completely agree with you in this matter. when a Visa officer raise a question regarding job description, it means there was significant difference/variation. I'm a US citizen but my first language is not English. There are currently good software that can help to translate words from one language to another without much variation. For example Nurse in my vernacular translates to Yaya ( For those who know Swahili) can attest to this (I'm not fluent in the language yet I understand everything in it). CIC has people from various parts of the world or contracts who help in translating some pieces of information when required. And this was not an exception.
2011july20 and BC2013 thank you.
I have more then enough experience in my NOC. But an officer thinks that may be I misrepresented my experience because I translated my job title close to job title from NOC (I think it is close by meaning) but not by dictionary (I think it is misleading). I think that dictionary does not have correct translation in my case (it is another NOC). It is a misrepresentation or not? Can I be more relaxed after sending my explanations, or for me is better to search for good Canadian lawyer? They can ban me for 2 years because of misrepresantation.
BC2013, your answer is more calming.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
shustikov said:
2011july20 and BC2013 thank you.
I have more then enough experience in my NOC. But an officer thinks that may be I misrepresented my experience because I translated my job title close to job title from NOC (I think it is close by meaning) but not by dictionary (I think it is misleading). I think that dictionary does not have correct translation in my case (it is another NOC). It is a misrepresentation or not? Can I be more relaxed after sending my explanations, or for me is better to search for good Canadian lawyer? They can ban me for 2 years because of misrepresantation.
BC2013, your answer is more calming.
sorry to hear that, but as BC said mere job title should not be an issue, it's your job responsibilities that should match(60 to 70%) with the job responsibilities listed under a particular NOC against which you are applying. Can you mention here exactly what was the job title and what translation did you put for that title !

shustikov

Feb 1, 2014
Hasni said:
sorry to hear that, but as BC said mere job title should not be an issue, it's your job responsibilities that should match(60 to 70%) with the job responsibilities listed under a particular NOC against which you are applying. Can you mention here exactly what was the job title and what translation did you put for that title !
Dictionary gives translation as Сhief Power Engineer, but to my mind it is better should be translated as Senior Electrician (interpreter also thinks that meaning is more important than literal translation) and we wrote this job title in my forms and sertified translations . According to the Canadian job-searching sites this job title most close to my duties. According to NOC Power Engeneers perform different work from my. Can a translation of job title by meaning and not by a dictionary be qualified as misrepresentation?

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shustikov said:
Dictionary gives translation as Сhief Power Engineer, but to my mind it is better should be translated as Senior Electrician (interpreter also thinks that meaning is more important than literal translation) and we wrote this job title in my forms and sertified translations . According to the Canadian job-searching sites this job title most close to my duties. According to NOC Power Engeneers perform different work from my. Can a translation of job title by meaning and not by a dictionary be qualified as misrepresentation?
did the email you receive says anywhere that you misrepresented your job responsibilities, if it is so..clearly you have gone on their wrong side. Did they ask you to submit any explanation !! If so, you still stand a chance and by writing a nice explanation you can convince them. Again translation has got nothing to do as far as you pick an NOC and submit your experience that pretty much matches with what is outlined under that NOC. There are certain NOCs (probably yours is also one of them) for which more than one job titles are shown and you are good to choose any job title from them which suites you better.

shustikov

Feb 1, 2014
Hasni said:
did the email you receive says anywhere that you misrepresented your job responsibilities, if it is so..clearly you have gone on their wrong side. Did they ask you to submit any explanation !! If so, you still stand a chance and by writing a nice explanation you can convince them. Again translation has got nothing to do as far as you pick an NOC and submit your experience that pretty much matches with what is outlined under that NOC. There are certain NOCs (probably yours is also one of them) for which more than one job titles are shown and you are good to choose any job title from them which suites you better.
Thanks, I feel better. There is no problem with experience, I have more than enough evidence. The problem is that officer thinks that I may have misrepresented my experience because I translated my position title by meaning and not literally. Surely, when officer wrote me in email: "I have serious concerns with your credibility and am of the opinion that you may have misrepresented your work experience to meet the Ministerial Instructions" I explained everything in my answer. They can not proof that I misrepresented my experience because I have strong evidence of it.
Can a wrong translation of job title be a misrepresentation? Can they reject my application only because they think that my job title does not match to dictionary translation?

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shustikov said:
Thanks, I feel better. There is no problem with experience, I have more than enough evidence. The problem is that officer thinks that I may have misrepresented my experience because I translated my position title by meaning and not literally. Surely, when officer wrote me in email: "I have serious concerns with your credibility and am of the opinion that you may have misrepresented your work experience to meet the Ministerial Instructions" I explained everything in my answer. They can not proof that I misrepresented my experience because I have strong evidence of it.
Can a wrong translation of job title be a misrepresentation? Can they reject my application only because they think that my job title does not match to dictionary translation?
did he ask you to submit any explanation ! What is your NOC !

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shustikov said:
Yes he did. NOC 7241.
dear shustikov, you look ok so dont panic much. All depends on the explanation you have submitted, wish it satisfies your VO. best of luck.

shustikov

Feb 1, 2014
Hasni said:
dear shustikov, you look ok so dont panic much. All depends on the explanation you have submitted, wish it satisfies your VO. best of luck.
Thank you very much. Sounds calming. May be I really panic too much because I can not understand: Do they really do a correct job or they are trying find faults in my application?