+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review settlement offer

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
Hi,

my spouse got refusal for 4th time. The first two was for FDU, god damn the firm suggested there. The second two was for Queen’s university !! So, we submit an application for court on March 8th, sent a settlement offer on 18th, and got a call from IRCC lawyer on 24th that they will settle. So, now our case will be reopen and redetermine by another officer. Our lawyer who took our case to the court, Matkowsky firm, says that we can update our application now that it’s gonna be reopen and for that they will charge us. My question is that how necessary and beneficial is this updating?? Our case was perfect and the fact that we got settlement offer proves this, but still nervous about getting a refusal again.

any experience????

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Very low chances of getting a refusal now, better to ask those who got a settlement. You can search on this forum, there are cases that people shared.

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
you got settlement offer within 10 days of applying for JR?
Yes !! The lawyer said it would take 3-6 weeks to get the rule 9 note, but received it in 10 days

and in the letter they sent to ircc it has mentioned that they had until April 7th to respond. But they were fast

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yes !! The lawyer said it would take 3-6 weeks to get the rule 9 note, but received it in 10 days

and in the letter they sent to ircc it has mentioned that they had until April 7th to respond. But they were fast
Wow that's amazing, can you tell me more like how much it cost you? what made your case strong in your opinion?

Omsairam2020

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020

hi can u plz tell me where did u apply and what is the profile and timeline. This settlement is offered before final hearing , please suggest and did ircc respond you to submit any documents etc

Reactions: niloosi

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi,

my spouse got refusal for 4th time. The first two was for FDU, god damn the firm suggested there. The second two was for Queen’s university !! So, we submit an application for court on March 8th, sent a settlement offer on 18th, and got a call from IRCC lawyer on 24th that they will settle. So, now our case will be reopen and redetermine by another officer. Our lawyer who took our case to the court, Matkowsky firm, says that we can update our application now that it’s gonna be reopen and for that they will charge us. My question is that how necessary and beneficial is this updating?? Our case was perfect and the fact that we got settlement offer proves this, but still nervous about getting a refusal again.

any experience????
Very low success ratio. Re-applying will be more cost effecting. If I need to spend money I would do it on a good consultant who would help to identify weakness in my profile and work towards making it stronger.

Out of curiosity, why was her application rejected 4 times ? You must have got GCMS notes to tell where things are going wrong. What is the main concern the VO has ?

Tommyjoe

Mar 29, 2021
Please how long did it take to reopen the case as my Jr was approved and they said the will reopen and redetermine my case

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
hi can u plz tell me where did u apply and what is the profile and timeline. This settlement is offered before final hearing , please suggest and did ircc respond you to submit any documents etc
from Iran.
Last submit : December 27th,2020
Refusal : February 23rd, 2021
JR submission: March 8th
Received rule 9 notes and sending the argument from our lawyer to ircc lawyer : March 18th

on March 24th the ircc lawyer called and offered the settlement. On March 25th, they sent the official letter.

now I’m waiting for the case to be reopen

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
Very low success ratio. Re-applying will be more cost effecting. If I need to spend money I would do it on a good consultant who would help to identify weakness in my profile and work towards making it stronger.

Out of curiosity, why was her application rejected 4 times ? You must have got GCMS notes to tell where things are going wrong. What is the main concern the VO has ?
The main concern is that we are from Iran :)
They are refusing 70% off cases from our country due to our great political situation :)

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Nothing has been changed in the profile in 3rd and 4th try. It was obviously officers laziness which caused refusals.
The government fee for JR is 50$ but lawyer cost 5000$ To do filing and write the 10 pages argument letter.
Wish you goodluck, keep updating us about the process, could help some of us.

Reactions: novascotia27

Omsairam2020

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
from Iran.
Last submit : December 27th,2020
Refusal : February 23rd, 2021
JR submission: March 8th
Received rule 9 notes and sending the argument from our lawyer to ircc lawyer : March 18th

on March 24th the ircc lawyer called and offered the settlement. On March 25th, they sent the official letter.

now I’m waiting for the case to be reopen
Hello there have u got the visa and did they respond on settlement by offering u study visa plz advise

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
So
Just an update on our case
The application was reopened on April 9th, with a letter on it asking for new LOA, new bank statement with 6 month detailed history, first semester tuition fee
We uploaded this and waiting for the result, fingers crossed