+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review settlement offer

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
@everyone, thank u for all those that have message me directly and guide me through the JR process. Same for all those that have given me a referral. Appreciate ur help. Appreciate the assistance.. thank u
Perhaps you would be good enough to copy the useful parts of some of those messages and post them here. You suggest you have received JR guidance far superior to that offered by @United Nations as well as a referral to one or more "affordable lawyers". Such information would be valuable to others.

madeehatoseef

Nov 9, 2023
One lady from iran file was open in 30 days after settlement, and then next 30 days she got visa total time 2 months, on guy waiting since three to four months for reopen, thats only 2 cases on this forum available about settlement.

Overall 11 cases were found for judicial review final hearing stages from india, pakistan and middle east in which 2 ladies from UAE got success in final hearing and Judicial review was awarded but no news they got visa or not. Both these ladies time frame was 16 month and 9 months from start to judicial review granted.

One man from syria living in UAE got success in 14 months on final hearing in court.

8 cases were dismissed by judge on final hearing and there dreams completely ended for studying Canada.

In these 8 cases 3 cases was very very strong for final hearing in court but their lawyers mistakes they lost the cases as visa officer convinced the judges they are temporary immigrants in uae because UAE visa will be invalid after 6 months. If they contact me i surely win their cases.

On settlement only three cases here including me.
Hello Greeney

I am also facing the same situation where visa officer has refused my application for the following reasons. I have initiated the JR and waiting for the rule9.

1- Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
2- Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

Please guide me with your experience, my UAE visa validity is remaining for a year and I am in the UAE for 15 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Greeney

I am also facing the same situation where visa officer has refused my application for the following reasons. I have initiated the JR and waiting for the rule9.

1- Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
2- Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

Please guide me with your experience, my UAE visa validity is remaining for a year and I am in the UAE for 15 years.
You only have 1 year left on you visa in the UAE and Canada is aware that your ability to live in the UAE is typically associated with employment or significant wealth. The fact that there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to return to the UAE is a valid concern. Did you order GCMS notes? If so what do they say?

madeehatoseef

Nov 9, 2023
You only have 1 year left on you visa in the UAE and Canada is aware that your ability to live in the UAE is typically associated with employment or significant wealth. The fact that there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to return to the UAE is a valid concern. Did you order GCMS notes? If so what do they say?
Hello

Typically the validity of the employment visa in UAE is for 2 years and it is renewable on its expiry.
These two new refusal reasons were not there in the first refusal letter.
I requested for the notes and they are yet to arrive.

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone: Could anyone knows if they ask after settlement for updated documents what does it means? Because mostly they do not describe which specific document they are asking for ..Secondly : after submission of updated documents how much time they would take to come with decision.

Thanks in Advance

shivam4631

Dec 16, 2023
Hello everyone,
My study permit got refused 4 time last one was refused on 26 march 2023. I decided to challenge the decision so i hired a lawyer we filed petition on 4 april 2023. After we recieved officers gcms notes on 2 may we knew that officer was not able to graple my study plan. We decided to offer ircc settlement but they didn't respond us. Then we decided that we will go further and submitted our affidavit. On 12 September i received settlement offer from ircc. We with accepted settlement and pulled back our case. On 6 December i received corspondence to submit updated documents and i was given only 10 days to submit documents. Usually you get 15-30 days. As Christmas was near my college was having vacation but they didn't respond my mail for updated LOA. Somehow we managed to get it on 15 dec 1:30 Am IST. We updated my file on 2:00 pm IST and received PPR within 6 hrs of lodging my file.
Believe me if you are getting rejected than judicial review is a very good option and worth doing.

My lawyer name is Mr Amir Zarei his email id is amir@zerailaw.com he is very knowledgeable and humble person. You can also contact him by referring my name. I believe he is a right man for this job

Last edited:
Reactions: PP62

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Hello everyone,
My study permit got refused 4 time last one was refused on 26 march 2023. I decided to challenge the decision so i hired a lawyer we filed petition on 4 april 2023. After we recieved officers gcms notes on 2 may we knew that officer was not able to graple my study plan. We decided to offer ircc settlement but they didn't respond us. Then we decided that we will go further and submitted our affidavit. On 12 September i received settlement offer from ircc. We with accepted settlement and pulled back our case. On 6 December i received corspondence to submit updated documents and i was given only 10 days to submit documents. Usually you get 15-30 days. As Christmas was near my college was having vacation but they didn't respond my mail for updated LOA. Somehow we managed to get it on 15 dec 1:30 Am IST. We updated my file on 2:00 pm IST and received PPR within 6 hrs of lodging my file.
Believe me if you are getting rejected than judicial review is a very good option and worth doing.

My lawyer name is Mr Amir Zarei his email id is amir@zerailaw.com he is very knowledgeable and humble person. You can also contact him by referring my name. I believe he is a right man for this job
How much did he charge fees?

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks for sharing information. We have use the same lawyer and received our settlement letter in the ten days only.
When you file re-open after settlement? Please advise.
I have found only 12-Sep. for settlement, 06-Dec for the ADR, what is the date for file re-open?

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
how much cost
I have read all your comments and found that you are an expert in this matter, please provide your comments for below,
How much time usually taken from settlement letter to file re-open to Visa?
How can we know our visa office location exactly?

shivam4631

Dec 16, 2023
Thanks for sharing information. We have use the same lawyer and received our settlement letter in the ten days only.
When you file re-open after settlement? Please advise.
I have found only 12-Sep. for settlement, 06-Dec for the ADR, what is the date for file re-open?
As it is written it took nearly 3 month for me to get my gc key portal active again. Usually it is processed in Ottawa case processing center. But at that time it was bit slow but you can expact anywhere between 15 days to max 3 months

Last edited:

ABEL2020

Nov 4, 2023
from Iran.
Last submit : December 27th,2020
Refusal : February 23rd, 2021
JR submission: March 8th
Received rule 9 notes and sending the argument from our lawyer to ircc lawyer : March 18th

on March 24th the ircc lawyer called and offered the settlement. On March 25th, they sent the official letter.

now I’m waiting for the case to be reopen
Hi, Im in the same situation currently they offered us to reopen the case and we can only update till 5th, April 2024. We done the update. Could you please tell me how long did it take from the IRCC officer for the redetermination ?